Mistaken For Or Able To "Pass" For Another Race Or Nationality

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I don't consider myself light skinned even though it can be argued. I get Ethiopian regularly. In fact most people just assume I am Ethiopian.

When I went to the DR people thought I was Dominican and when I went to JA everyone thought I was local Rastafari.

I have been asked if I was mixed or even North African.

I am pretty much a chameleon. If the county has "Black" people of various skin tons I can fit in though I have never been to Africa. Probably never go to East Africa though b/c I have had Habisha here argue me down about not claiming my heritage. :deadmanny: I
You not Ethiopian/half Ethiopian?:wtf:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
usually AA, Jamaican, Dominican and Cuban
A decent amount of people come up to me speaking Spanish For what ever reason
Nigerian girl once told me I looked mixed when I was the same complexion as her :hhh:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I'm an Englishmen with Angolan lineage. But people usually think I'm Jamaican, Barbadian, on some rare occasions some people assume that I'm African American, heck even Angolans that reside England can't recognize me. Lastly, I've had folks asking me whether I'm half Asian due to the size of my eyes, I remember I was having a conversation in Portuguese with a relative of mine at some function this one Asian that was observing me asked me if was Korean, I laughed and said "Does it look like it?" the kid walked off in embarrassment.

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
For some odd reason people think im from the islands alot.

When they find out im just a black girl from the west side of chicago, they get disappointed :pachaha:

2 of my best friends are racially ambiguous and latinos always speak spanish to them :dead:

Last edited:

InfinateOpulance

All Star
Daps
I don't consider myself light skinned even though it can be argued. I get Ethiopian regularly. In fact most people just assume I am Ethiopian.

When I went to the DR people thought I was Dominican and when I went to JA everyone thought I was local Rastafari.

I have been asked if I was mixed or even North African.

I am pretty much a chameleon. If the county has "Black" people of various skin tons I can fit in though I have never been to Africa. Probably never go to East Africa though b/c I have had Habesha here argue me down about not claiming my heritage. :deadmanny: I

Have you ever had your ancestry DNA tested? Maybe you have unknown east African heritage