Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It's so hilarious encountering people who have no idea what they are talking about. This dude was on Twitter arguing with me that MK11 was terrible and that the 3D games were much better.

As someone who got his competitive fighting game start on those games, I knew he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Those games were an absolute broken mess: 1 touch = death, pretty much no hurt boxes on attacks, infintie combos out the ass, guaranteed throw situations-a-plenty. And there was no throw escape button.

There was a time where I was considered the best player online in Mortal Kombat Deception and Armageddon, so I know these games extremely well.

I understand why people had beef with MK11. It was a lot slower and less exciting than MKX, and the breakaway system made combos basically pointless most of the time. The wake up mechanics were way too strong, and up close combat was dominated by crouching light punch into pressure after a hit confirm. It had problems, but to say the 3D games were better is absolutely crazy.

Mortal Kombat literally didn't start getting taken seriously as a competitively viable fighting game until MK9. MK1-8 were all absolute jokes competitively.

Dude tried to say he'd rather play the first Mortal Kombat game than MK11. That's when I had to check out LOL. This is the thread below where you can read my responses.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
It's so hilarious encountering people who have no idea what they are talking about. This dude was on Twitter arguing with me that MK11 was terrible and that the 3D games were much better.

As someone who got his competitive fighting game start on those games, I knew he had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Those games were an absolute broken mess: 1 touch = death, pretty much no hurt boxes on attacks, infintie combos out the ass, guaranteed throw situations-a-plenty. And there was no throw escape button.

There was a time where I was considered the best player online in Mortal Kombat Deception and Armageddon, so I know these games extremely well.

I understand why people had beef with MK11. It was a lot slower and less exciting than MKX, and the breakaway system made combos basically pointless most of the time. The wake up mechanics were way too strong, and up close combat was dominated by crouching light punch into pressure after a hit confirm. It had problems, but to say the 3D games were better is absolutely crazy.

Mortal Kombat literally didn't start getting taken seriously as a competitively viable fighting game until MK9. MK1-8 were all absolute jokes competitively.

Dude tried to say he'd rather play the first Mortal Kombat game than MK11. That's when I had to check out LOL. This is the thread below where you can read my responses.

MK11 haters are :mjlol: . Dudes talk about scrubby shyt but love a game where literally everything is a guess. All MK games are flawed in their own ways

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
MK11 haters are :mjlol: . Dudes talk about scrubby shyt but love a game where literally everything is a guess. All MK games are flawed in there own ways

Yeah, MK11 had some problems, but I liked how the neutral worked. Whiff punishing felt fluid. It just needed a bit more spice to it.

I don't know how MK1 is about to be with all these Kameo assists man lol

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Yeah, MK11 had some problems, but I liked how the neutral worked. Whiff punishing felt fluid. It just needed a bit more spice to it.

I don't know how MK1 is about to be with all these Kameo assists man lol
I'll tell you as somebody who played damn 300 matches in the stress test Sub Zero with Kano is fukked up:mjlol:. Especially if they keep the Kano ball knives assist the same

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MK11 is a contender for GOAT MK game imo. I remember watching the reveal event and being absolutely blown away. MK1 looks good but it didn’t blow me away like MK11 did.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
MK11 is a contender for GOAT MK game imo. I remember watching the reveal event and being absolutely blown away. MK1 looks good but it didn’t blow me away like MK11 did.
Everyone whose well versed with this era of MK games would beg to differ

Gameplay wise it was

MKX > 11 > 9

Storywise it was

9 > X > 11

As a complete package it was

X > 9 > 11

MK1 right now feels like it's not as hyped as 11, but I don't think it has to do much to surpass it honestly.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Everyone whose well versed with this era of MK games would beg to differ

Gameplay wise it was

MKX > 11 > 9

Storywise it was

9 > X > 11

As a complete package it was

X > 9 > 11

MK1 right now feels like it's not as hyped as 11, but I don't think it has to do much to surpass it honestly.
Gameplay was MK9, X damn near died after year 1 because how ridiculous it was. They damn near revamped the game to get people back :mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Gameplay was MK9, X damn near died after year 1 because how ridiculous it was. They damn near revamped the game to get people back :mjlol:
I was thinking moreso fun factor amongst casuals since people hated the MK9 corner jab spam

The meta for all NRS games is fukked none of that shyt is good at a competitive level :dead: