“Most Americans Check Out When They Hit 25-27” Facts or Nah?

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Is this facts?:jbhmm:

He’s basically saying most people lose their ambition around that age and just settle for wherever they’re at.

Not gonna lie I’m making decent money right now (mid 70K) for a dude with no kids but the thought of just giving up and settling for this is for the rest of my life is terrifying. :damn:

I am sort of at that stage right now (39 and 100k+) but i still want to progress in my career, for more money and better positions. I do not want to be a manager and have said no when asked if i wanted to be one, but now i am not sure. Getting to the next position i can get to would be a good milestone to work towards.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no

nothing “xanman” says on twitter is factual

a lot of people that age haven’t even began to take things seriously yet

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Taking care of mom dukes, but I’ll be in the gym tonight. Lol

And omg I’m so excited. My gym actually has a HIIT program that I totally overlooked, so I’m back to my intense bootcamp-style classes for like a fifth of the price I used to pay.
It’s gonna be a good summer :banderas:
So of us stay ready year round :mjpls:

But glad to hear you still on the grind :salute:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Depends on what you mean by checking out…

Around 28 I checked out of trying to make every single event or feeling like my weekend was useless if I wasn’t on the town at least 1 night..

But as far as career, kinda the opposite. 27 is when I really locked in

It’s more about when you have a family than anything. I think a lot of people check out or stop trying to climb the ladder in their late 30s if they have a young family. Being around your kids becomes more important that getting the promotion.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
So of us stay ready year round :mjpls:

But glad to hear you still on the grind :salute:
Was that shade?! :picard:

Lol

And it’s all good. I’m not bad. I’m just saying I’m getting back to my intense workouts. It’s closer to home so I can go hard 5 days a week again.