“Most Americans Check Out When They Hit 25-27” Facts or Nah?

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
honestly this is bullshyt. People quit jobs all the time because they feel they better than it and it would be settling. People have different values and circumstances. A auditor would tell a bookkeeper to get the education to become an actual accountant. But that person might really not care about that because all they want to do is work , go home and play with the cats lol or just have money for little activities on the weekend. For instance I’m a disabled veteran. I get a good amount of money from them…but I have a family and I am super ambitious to make more and more money for their benefit so I have no choice but to work as well. But if I was single I would probably just live off my military disability and travel and shyt. Yea I could be single and drive fancy cars and shyt, but I get way more happiness being in my own spaces and just traveling. But someone else could say u should stack money on top of that. We all have different values and things we are into.

Daps
Yes and no.

Your dream of being POTUS, director of the CIA, NFL QB, neurosurgeon etc., dreams you had as a 10-year old? Yeah most folks give that up by 25.

Being the best at your career and moving up the corporate ladder? That doesn't go away for awhile.

THEN......you have to decide if you want to be a people manager....middle management. In order to get to the top, you will have to navigate those waters.

What's better: low/medium stress and making $110k/year OR high stress making $160k/yr as a middle manager dealing with annoying VPs and trying to handle 20 different employees that report to you? What good is the extra money and additional PTO if you can't use it?

The higher you go as an individual contributor (associate, advanced, senior to consultant), the more you see how the managerial grind isn't always worth it. Seen it up close with previous bosses. Staying late until 6 or 7pm, glued to their computer and have 2,000 unread emails in their inbox. Shyt ages you fast.

People DO NOT lose ambition. What they GAIN is perspective. Once you get to a certain level financially, quality of life matters more. That level of money is dependent on each person and their circumstances. In general if you have low debt, can save lots of $$$, max out your 401(k), buy random shyt off Amazon without thinking about it and travel when you want and aren't overly stressed at work....whatever that salary is.....you'll want to stay there.

I see older coworkers buying new homes, traveling wherever and just living comfortably. They have all the aptitude needed to be a great people leader but the extra $30k to $50k isn't worth the tradeoffs.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
You know how many people I know in their late 30's still tryna rap? Tryna act...start their own business, go to school?

Maybe it's proximity bias, but the only people I know that quit at that age peaked in high school and just said fukk it when they realized the real world is tougher than that.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Most Americans are :flabbynsick: by that age as well @Son Goku

Also @Gloxina you better have taken your butt to the gym this morning :ufdup:

Worrying about fat folks is exhausting and pointless. :beli:
If these lazy, obese fukks wanna eat themselves into early graves, godspeed. :shaq:

I'm bout to take my ass to the Iron Temple for a homily on Legs and cardio rn. :yeshrug:

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
"The Game" = Life perhaps?

If so, personally, I kicked my professional endeavors, long-term goals and love pursuits into overdrive when I turned 28:

- Found my eventual wife
- Left the creature comforts of my cubicle to be a financial advisor (tough times were ahead:wow:)
- Began to think of a way to give back to the community but also set up my future

Last edited:

Henny and_ HotWings

A well seasoned nikka
Daps
Reppin
Bmore stand up!
Is this facts?:jbhmm:

He’s basically saying most people lose their ambition around that age and just settle for wherever they’re at.

Not gonna lie I’m making decent money right now (mid 70K) for a dude with no kids but the thought of just giving up and settling for this is for the rest of my life is terrifying. :damn:

Bro you and me in the exact same boat.