Most of the black people who disregard DEI/affirmative action probably never even went to college.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it’s not a trade school:camby:
:mjlol: Liberal Arts Degree

Unless you’re studying engineering, nursing, lawyer, or some sort of public occupation college is pointless minus the social and networking opportunities.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where did I say DEI is useless? I didn't say that. I don't think it's the end of the world for black people like y'all make it to be.

every L stacks up in the long term.

20 years from now why your child is so limited in their educational/career opportunities due to initiatives like this.

these are scholarships and job opportunities that are given out due to DEI.

had a relative have their entire post bach education paid for due to a minority womans scholarship initiative.

They have these for black men as well

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I know you was being serious but the delivery was like a comedy bit man be a comedian

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not all. The amount of white people oblivous to shyt would shock you, because they don't even have to think about shyt like that. The amount of clueless white girls or just get it from your parent's Chad's is fukking wild in the corporate world.

It's definitely a conversation amongst other minorities, but many of them go so hard to fit in, they compromise themselves for it. I'm thinking of a few I've personally known and befriended to an extent.

I've mentioned it on here before, but I've legit had an Asian cat tell me he was "white" before. It was tongue-in-cheek, but not really. He was specifically referring to how he presented himself socially. I know another Indian ireh, who goes out of his way to mimic white peers when they do certain things socially. This is not to say there's an acting "white" or "black" or "purple", but rather it's a mimicking of the dominant culture just to get ahead, which to me is some sucker shyt.

No one respects them. They make decent salaries and get regular promotions because they're in the right circles, but they will never run the show because people see through them.

The privilege to be oblivious early on in their careers - absolutely
Or in non-tech companies and departments

However, in tech companies, especially within tech roles they don't want the entire engineering or IT department majority Indian or Chinese

Which can easily happen once an Indian or Chinese person holds a leadership position.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The privilege to be oblivious early on in their careers - absolutely
Or in non-tech companies and departments

However, in tech companies, especially within tech roles they don't want the entire engineering or IT department majority Indian or Chinese

Which can easily happen once an Indian or Chinese person holds a leadership position.
I've never worked in tech, but I hung around a gang of computer nerds in my teens and recognize the archetype. I know tech is completely different than most industries because it usually attracts a very specific type of individual.

However, Sundar Pichai and Satya Nadella seemingly haven't rocked the boat.