Most of the black people who disregard DEI/affirmative action probably never even went to college.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
There’s a new narrative that DEI and affirmative action mostly benefits white women, Asians, and Latinos.:mjpls:

I slacked off in HS. I had a mediocre GPA and a slightly above average ACT score.
I got my act together and graduated undergrad with a good GPA .:mjgrin:
I still got accepted into George Mason University. I didn’t go because of the out state tuition cost, but I still think my race helped me get in. It’s helped thousands of black men and women with similar GPAs and test scores.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
People on the Coli rather be ill-iünformed by the way of having 0 education post high school, but with a huge bank account. (10+ million dollars) and no financial advisor, rather than being an educated intellectual in a white collar job with 5+ million in savings and investments.

Daps
There’s a new narrative that DEI and affirmative action mostly benefits white women, Asians, and Latinos.:mjpls:

I slacked off in HS. I had a mediocre GPA and a slightly above average ACT score.
I still got accepted into George Mason University. I didn’t go because of the out state tuition cost, but I still think my race helped me get in. It’s helped thousands of black men and women with similar GPAs and test scores.
You literally admitted that white people are right about black people with lower scores getting in over them.

Just say it’s to right past wrongs, and give a leg up to the minority populations, because the majority would rather choose their own. You have to play dumb like them.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
You literally admitted that white people are right about black people with lower scores getting in over them.

Just say it’s to right past wrongs, and give a leg up to the minority populations, because the majority would rather choose their own. You have to play dumb like them.

Some are. And it doesn’t matter because they still have to study and work hard once they get in. There’s no DEI or racial curve for exams.

Daps
Some are. And it doesn’t matter because they still have to study and work hard once they get in. There’s no DEI or racial curve for exams.
Hey. I have support those programs, and I’m happy more black people are put into better positions. I’m just saying the narrative is it’s inferior black people getting those positions, and I don’t believe that’s always the case. But in terms of college admissions, he just admitted he slacked off. So imagine someone else who didn’t get in, yet they didn’t slack off. But it balances out when the white guy hires his friend’s son. They only pretend to care about merit.

North of Death

All Star
Daps
tbf, i dont think die was applicable to you OP.

state schools are easy to get into because they want/need that out of state money

DEI is more for programs/initiatives that are designed to pipeline minority talent into a company.
DEI has shyt to do with college admissions...OP is a frontrunner and probably a high school drop out

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Hey. I have support those programs, and I’m happy more black people are put into better positions. I’m just saying the narrative is it’s inferior black people getting those positions, and I don’t believe that’s always the case. But in terms of college admissions, he just admitted he slacked off. So imagine someone else who didn’t get in, yet they didn’t slack off. But it balances out when the white guy hires his friend’s son. They only pretend to care about merit.
It's definitely not inferior blacks getting in...well, at least not anymore than inferior whites. My years in the corporate world have shown me, most people like to hire people like them. That almost always coincides with white people hiring other white people just due to the sheer numbers of white people in that environment with similar backgrounds versus black people.

When I've been in a position to hire people, I look for people like myself, it's a bias...admittedly. DEI hopefully is a correction against that because the sheer statistical probability of our backgrounds will never allow black people to get into those positions with parity to our respective national population through sheer economic circumstances. Fundamentally, it's a chicken and egg problem. Hopefully, DEI allows for a few more eggs.

My company won't release the numbers; even internally, but north America alone I'd venture is about 5% black.

I say that to say, it's not completely a racial thing, it's a circumstance thing that many white people are seemingly oblivious to. And won't consciously do anything to correct unless there's a policy in place to do so.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
DEI is more for programs/initiatives that are designed to pipeline minority talent into a company.
There are or were programs in place to help minorities enter universities. OP has a point but I don't think he was a DEI candidate because he was out of state.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's definitely not inferior blacks getting in...well, at least not anymore than inferior whites. My years in the corporate world have shown me, most people like to hire people like them. That almost always coincides with white people hiring other white people just due to the sheer numbers of white people in that environment with similar backgrounds versus black people.

When I've been in a position to hire people, I look for people like myself, it's a bias...admittedly. DEI hopefully is a correction against that because the sheer statistical probability of our backgrounds will never allow black people to get into those positions with parity to our respective national population through sheer economic circumstances. Fundamentally, it's a chicken and egg problem. Hopefully, DEI allows for a few more eggs.

My company won't release the numbers; even internally, but north America alone I'd venture is about 5% black.

I say that to say, it's not completely a racial thing, it's a circumstance thing that many white people are seemingly oblivious to. And won't consciously do anything to correct unless there's a policy in place to do so.

White people are definitely aware.

They are usually careful hiring an Indian or Chinese individual in a senior leadership role for the reason you mentioned of hiring bias.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is not a “new narrative”, at all. When I first seriously began engaging in affirmative action convos/debates, the fact that white women and asians were the largest recipients of affirmative action was well-known. And this was 19 years ago. It almost sounds as if this is simply “news” to you.

Daps

Of course they won’t correct it. It’s not in their best interest to do so, which is why we need these laws and policies.