Most of the black people who disregard DEI/affirmative action probably never even went to college.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
White people are definitely aware.

They are usually careful hiring an Indian or Chinese individual in a senior leadership role for the reason you mentioned of hiring bias.
Not all. The amount of white people oblivous to shyt would shock you, because they don't even have to think about shyt like that. The amount of clueless white girls or just get it from your parent's Chad's is fukking wild in the corporate world.

It's definitely a conversation amongst other minorities, but many of them go so hard to fit in, they compromise themselves for it. I'm thinking of a few I've personally known and befriended to an extent.

I've mentioned it on here before, but I've legit had an Asian cat tell me he was "white" before. It was tongue-in-cheek, but not really. He was specifically referring to how he presented himself socially. I know another Indian ireh, who goes out of his way to mimic white peers when they do certain things socially. This is not to say there's an acting "white" or "black" or "purple", but rather it's a mimicking of the dominant culture just to get ahead, which to me is some sucker shyt.

No one respects them. They make decent salaries and get regular promotions because they're in the right circles, but they will never run the show because people see through them.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
I say that to say, it's not completely a racial thing, it's a circumstance thing that many white people are seemingly oblivious to. And won't consciously do anything to correct unless there's a policy in place to do so.
Does this make sense to you🤔

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
For so many of y'all to constantly big up DEI, I barely see black men and women in the corporate world. :patrice:I mean I'm just stating my observations :hubie:

I go to big corporate conventions every year and I barely see black folks. And the last 2 conventions was New Orleans and Chicago.

• Dap
Reactions: rlg

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
For so many of y'all to constantly big up DEI, I barely see black men and women in the corporate world. :patrice:I mean I'm just stating my observations :hubie:

I go to big corporate conventions every year and I barely see black folks. And the last 2 conventions was New Orleans and Chicago.
Shut the fukk up dumbass

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA

The question is now with programs like Affirmative Action and DEI being eliminated, will that result in an increase of black men and women in the corporate world, other professions, and being admitted to college. I assume that you believe that will be the result.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
DEI is helpful to all sexual orientations and all races, including black people.

I am joining the DEI council at the hospital I work at and the leader of the council is a black woman who is a Director of Nursing. She showed me all the work they been doing for the last couple years and it's something in there for everybody, including black people. The council itself is pretty diverse with all types of different races/people represented. It looks like the United Nations or some shyt.

In my Employee Relations Role, I also use the race/DEI perspective to make sure everyone is being treated fairly. If a decision leads to a disparate impact, or if there is disparate treatment going on, etc.

I would encourage people to stop being so "online" (in terms of being in a bubble) that you are jaded from reality.

Veteran
Daps
The question is now with programs like Affirmative Action and DEI being eliminated, will that result in an increase of black men and women in the corporate world, other professions, and being admitted to college. I assume that you believe that will be the result.

Not saying DEI isn't needed. I can't tell you that because I'm not knowledgeable to start a case study and provide solid facts.

I would need solid evidence showing the effects of it today vs when its gone today.

I don't think it's the doom and gloom we all make it to be. It's like thinking slavery will be reinstated

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the poster is spouting ducktales, their whole posting history sounds like an amazon breh playing pretend on the internet

UpNext

All Star
Daps
My biggest issue is that people never bring nuanced direct numbers to the discussion on either side so it's hard for me to determine the effectiveness of the initiatives

Something like this Inclusion & Diversity

Where I can go to all these companies and easily see what's going on with that company's DEI initiatives.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
Not saying DEI isn't needed. I can't tell you that because I'm not knowledgeable to start a case study and provide solid facts.

I would need solid evidence showing the effects of it today vs when its gone today.

I don't think it's the doom and gloom we all make it to be. It's like thinking slavery will be reinstated

DEI and Affirmative Action either helps black people or hurts black people. Regardless of anyone else it helps. Fact is, these lawsuits and laws to eliminate both are because "they discriminate against white people." Even though you tell them that white women benefit the most, they don't care. If it helps 100 white women, and only 5 black people, to them it's worth eliminating. It's not just going to stop at DEI and Affirmative Action, but any entity that specifically helps black people. Hell, there is a news story that a white student filed a lawsuit because the "George Floyd Scholarship" is specifically for black students. Of course, he is alleging that it discriminates against white people. This will continue.

Veteran
Daps
the poster is spouting ducktales, their whole posting history sounds like an amazon breh playing pretend on the internet

No ducktales. Went to the conventions. 4000 - 5000 attendees. New Orleans 2022. Chicago 2023.

Also get invited to company golfing events:yeshrug:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
DEI does not equal Affirmative Action.

For example California has banned Affirmative Action since 1996 yet it has the biggest DEI programs in the country (Bar none).

DEI deals with social inclusion in college universities (Black Lecture series, Black graduations, Black grant programs, Black cultural events, Black LGBTQ events, etc)
^^^ This is what’s under attack by conservatives.

Affirmative Action deals with holistic approaches to the admissions processes it allows one to use a person race and the social environment to decide should they attend their university or not.

Not the same OP

Veteran
Daps
DEI and Affirmative Action either helps black people or hurts black people. Regardless of anyone else it helps. Fact is, these lawsuits and laws to eliminate both are because "they discriminate against white people." Even though you tell them that white women benefit the most, they don't care. If it helps 100 white women, and only 5 black people, to them it's worth eliminating. It's not just going to stop at DEI and Affirmative Action, but any entity that specifically helps black people. Hell, there is a news story that a white student filed a lawsuit because the "George Floyd Scholarship" is specifically for black students. Of course, he is alleging that it discriminates against white people. This will continue.

It helps, it has never hurt us. Will we all drop like flies if it's removed? I'm genuinely curious to see where this is app headed.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No ducktales. Went to the conventions. 4000 - 5000 attendees. New Orleans 2022. Chicago 2023.

Also get invited to company golfing events:yeshrug:

then you should have a bit more nuanced perspective of things rather than:

"not a lot of black people at the conferences I went to, DEI is useless let it be done"

DEI enables representation for different groups.

Thats all dei is at the end of the day, representation. Ensuring that any acute concerns you have a minority are addressed in corporate hierarchy

that sounds very beneficial to black people, just on its face :sas1:

Veteran
Daps
then you should have a bit more nuanced perspective of things rather than:

"not a lot of black people at the conferences I went to, DEI is useless let it be done"

DEI enables representation for different groups.

Thats all dei is at the end of the day, representation. Ensuring that any acute concerns you have a minority are addressed in corporate hierarchy

that sounds very beneficial to black people, just on its face :sas1:

Where did I say DEI is useless? I didn't say that. I don't think it's the end of the world for black people like y'all make it to be.