mother kills 2 kids while performing exorcism

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
the major lie is that there's a jewish space zombie sitting in the clouds with his dad watching us because they love humans :huhldup:

anything else is a less importnat lie :skip:

:salute:

Anyone that claims there is a jewish space zombie with a dad sitting in clouds watching us

:pacspit:

noon

Pro
Daps
Well one is a belief and one is a state of mind. On can be the root of someone's actions, one is often used as justification for someone's actions.

When someone uses religion as their motive 3 things generally are going.
1. The person is crazy (a la this story) and they've somehow worked a belief system into their crazy. Sorta like that guy who said his dog told him to kill people...
2. The person has alternate motives but religion is advantageous because it plays on established beliefs, fears, love, truth and authority.
3. The person genuinely believes in what they believe and their motives are personal, though founded in their belief in a set of doctrine.

In # 1 religion isn't to blame as the person is FUKIN CRAZY.
In # 2 religion isn't to blame as the person is EVIL
In #1, 2 & 3 religion isn't to blame because people are responsible for their actions, not belief systems. When someone commits a crime we hold THEM accountable. There may be contributing factors but to try and pin blame on something as wide and varied as religion is akin to using "those people" or "all of them" when trying to pin shyt on a group of people. It's intellectually dishonest, myopic and lazy.

Yeah I see all that. But where do you draw the line between religious and crazy?

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Yeah I see all that. But where do you draw the line between religious and crazy?
I don't. Faith requires a degree of crazy i would think. Believing in something you can't prove could definitely be seen as crazy to some, to other's it's faith.

The really funny part is, assuming you're a science only guy, is your belief requires a degree of faith as well. You believe in theories you'll never see proven and yet you believe in them. You'll say something like, "well i believe they are true because i have science to back me up..." to which we'll start discussing things like string theory and blackholes and multiverses at which point science as we know it and as we'll knwo it in your lifetime begins to break down and you'll have to place your faith that "someday we'll figure it out" otherwise you, like me, believe in something you cannot prove.
To that end you're just as crazy as a religious person...or a crazy person.
:manny:

noon

Pro
Daps
I don't. Faith requires a degree of crazy i would think. Believing in something you can't prove could definitely be seen as crazy to some, to other's it's faith.

The really funny part is, assuming you're a science only guy, is your belief requires a degree of faith as well. You believe in theories you'll never see proven and yet you believe in them. You'll say something like, "well i believe they are true because i have science to back me up..." to which we'll start discussing things like string theory and blackholes and multiverses at which point science as we know it and as we'll knwo it in your lifetime begins to break down and you'll have to place your faith that "someday we'll figure it out" otherwise you, like me, believe in something you cannot prove.
To that end you're just as crazy as a religious person...or a crazy person.
:manny:

Well that's a lot of assumptions about me. The thing with science is that it has a good track record. Which is why we get planes in the sky and medical science. And what I believe to be true is based on evidence and I accept it as the best possible explanation for why we're here. I don't say anything about string theory/blackholes and multiverses. Nice try though.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Well that's a lot of assumptions about me. The thing with science is that it has a good track record. Which is why we get planes in the sky and medical science. And what I believe to be true is based on evidence and I accept it as the best possible explanation for why we're here. I don't say anything about string theory/blackholes and multiverses. Nice try though.
Then you haven't looked back far enough into why you believe things exist, not very scientific.

If you don't believe in Jewish Space Zombies then what do you believe?
When someone says "how did things begin?" What do you say?

noon

Pro
Daps
I'm assuming the scientist has put the words big bang into some kind of coherent sentence. In which case I'm intrigued to know more and how they find this stuff out. And if it makes logical sense and if Mr Scientist has a good track record of his other claims and this latest one is corroborated elsewhere by other scientists then I nod my head and think "that sounds pretty interesting".