mother kills 2 kids while performing exorcism

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
B_P
I go one more for ya
what do scientists do when their theories are shown to be wrong? has any theory (belief) by any religion ever been proven wrong? if so what do they do when that happens?
well the catholic church now supports evolution. Religion has signed off on the earth not being the center of the universe, etc, etc, etc. It's slow in coming but yeah things change.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
I agree. :salute:

Also science is much more open to revision (that's how it works) than religion.
It's a much better way of coming to understand truths than faith (pretending to know things you don't know).
See that's where you're mistaken faith...or rather that's where most people misunderstand faith and IMHO have given it a bad name.

Faith means you know you can't know, but you choose to believe something anyway. Faith does not exclude science, or it shouldn't. I understand the universe around me not through my faith, but through science....i know some don't. IMHO If God = Truth and science is the pursuit of truth then well science is the pursuit of God (or at least a means of understanding him a little more).

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
YOUR words and actions. Who says? Well you're the one that said you overcame Satan. So the answer to your question is again YOU.
I say a lot of words, do all of them say that I have not overcame Satan or are there specific ones? and how do you know?

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
what scientist did you speak to that told you that as the reasoning of the big bang?:what:
remember what you originally asked
You asked for a theory that is untestable then tell me some people don't agree or support string theory because it's untestable... :comeon:

How about this. Can you show me one current theory, hypothesis or whatever that explains what was going on before the big bang AND that we can test or test in your foreseeable lifetime.

noon

Pro
Daps
See that's where you're mistaken faith...or rather that's where most people misunderstand faith and IMHO have given it a bad name.

Faith means you know you can't know, but you choose to believe something anyway. Faith does not exclude science, or it shouldn't. I understand the universe around me not through my faith, but through science....i know some don't. IMHO If God = Truth and science is the pursuit of truth then well science is the pursuit of God (or at least a means of understanding him a little more).

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive.

Or, as Neil Degrasse Tyson put it, "God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on".

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
I say a lot of words, do all of them say that I have not overcame Satan or are there specific ones? and how do you know?

If you overcame Satan you would be helping others overcome him or dead. You're neither as far as I can tell. :manny:

Or, as Neil Degrasse Tyson put it, "God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on".

If this was the case you or Neil Degrasse (whoever that is) would know what happened in the beginning and before. And yet......

:camby:

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
well the catholic church now supports evolution. Religion has signed off on the earth not being the center of the universe, etc, etc, etc. It's slow in coming but yeah things change.

*smirks*
your post reminds me of the unctuous merchants
MvVVgs1.png

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
that is certainly one way of thinking about it. I told you how I view science and religion and religion isn't an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance. :manny:

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
If you overcame Satan you would be helping others overcome him or dead. You're neither as far as I can tell. :manny:

you don't know anything
that is not what one does once one overcomes Satan
where did you learn such nonsense?
good grief what are they teaching these kids these days

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
*smirks*
your post reminds me of the unctuous merchants
MvVVgs1.png
so in otherwords its' ok for science to be wrong and adjust but when religion tries to rectify it's wrongs it gets the stinkface? Remember that it wasn't just the church that thought the earth was the center of the universe, it was the accepted science of the time...

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
so in otherwords its' ok for science to be wrong and adjust but when religion tries to rectify it's wrongs it gets the stinkface? Remember that it wasn't just the church that thought the earth was the center of the universe, it was the accepted science of the time...

unctuous merchants I tell ya...:jordanlmao: