mother kills 2 kids while performing exorcism

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
I'm assuming the scientist has put the words big bang into some kind of coherent sentence. In which case I'm intrigued to know more and how they find this stuff out. And if it makes logical sense and if Mr Scientist has a good track record of his other claims and this latest one is corroborated elsewhere by other scientists then I nod my head and think "that sounds pretty interesting".
does it ever occur to you to ask Mr. Scientist where the stuff from the big bang came from? At some point you'll get into those pesky strings and blackholes and such.

Again, just saying, ultimately you're understanding of the universe is faith based by and large...and even if at some point we're able to understand completely how everything works, it wont be in your lifetime.

Anyhow, blaming people's actions on religion is just plain silly.

noon

Pro
Daps
does it ever occur to you to ask Mr. Scientist where the stuff from the big bang came from? At some point you'll get into those pesky strings and blackholes and such.

Again, just saying, ultimately you're understanding of the universe is faith based by and large...and even if at some point we're able to understand completely how everything works, it wont be in your lifetime.

Anyhow, blaming people's actions on religion is just plain silly.

No, faith is when you ask Mr Priest how the world came to be and he says "read this book and believe, my son, pray hard etc"

When you ask Mr Scientist, he'll show you how he came to his conclusion, he shows you the evidence. Putting the evidence together and coming to a conclusion is not faith based. And he'll tell you that's the best idea we got. And if we find more evidence we'll adjust what we know.

Now, away from this digression. If we can't blame religion for good people doing bad things then can we not blame religion when bad people do good things? If not then what point have we for religion?

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Go and find out what a scientific theory is before you continue this conversation.
yeah you're right. It's not even a theory more a hypothesis. :manny:
as for your other post...
what is faith?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith
:manny:

the theories we put together, and by we i mean humans in regards to the origins of the universe are un-testable and based solely on observations that we can only track back to a certain point.

Personally I believe science and God eventually cross.

But yeah unfortunately when it comes down to brass tax science has hypotheses religion has faith. Both, from a logical perspective are guesses based on observation.

I'd also ask you the same question.
If we are going to blame religion for all the bad things people do in it's name are we going to give credit to God for all the good things people do?

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
To which they will ultimately reply with an un-testable theory. It'll ultimately end with "we believe XYZ"
B_P
I go one more for ya
what do scientists do when their theories are shown to be wrong? has any theory (belief) by any religion ever been proven wrong? if so what do they do when that happens?

noon

Pro
Daps
yeah you're right. It's not even a theory more a hypothesis. :manny:
as for your other post...
what is faith?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith
:manny:

the theories we put together, and by we i mean humans in regards to the origins of the universe are un-testable and based solely on observations that we can only track back to a certain point.

Personally I believe science and God eventually cross.

But yeah unfortunately when it comes down to brass tax science has hypotheses religion has faith. Both, from a logical perspective are guesses based on observation.

I'd also ask you the same question.
If we are going to blame religion for all the bad things people do in it's name are we going to give credit to God for all the good things people do?

No, no credit to God. Credit to the belief people have. Yes, I can credit good things to a belief. Which is why I can blame bad things to a belief.

And no, this – Both, from a logical perspective are guesses based on observation. – is wrong.

Fervid

Largest Member
Daps
religion is just plain silly.
I agree. :salute:

Also science is much more open to revision (that's how it works) than religion.
It's a much better way of coming to understand truths than faith (pretending to know things you don't know).