Movie characters that you feel differently about as you've gotten older

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Van Wilder. He pissed away his dad's money so he could party in college for 7 whole fukking years. His father was right to cut him off, he should've done it earlier.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Nina Mosley on Love Jones was foolish. Her fiancé just went ghost for God knows how long and had to uproot her life from their apartment to house sitting. She meet a whole new cat and let him hit on the first date (I can’t judge on that) in a spot that isn’t even hers. She’s clearly digging Darius even though they’re being coy about it. She accepts the worst advice from her best friend to run out to NY with her former fiancé who was likely cheating on her.

how did he even find out where she was living?

she was just messy.

Larenz Tate was a stalker in that movie. Pressed ol girl in the record store to get Nia Long’s phone number. Low key the record store lady could be sued for divulging a CUSTOMER’S personal info to a stranger.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Lynn Whitfield in A Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Martin Lawrence deserved what he got

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
:hhh: They clearly them wasn’t no square up type nikkaz bro. They were killers and was gonna fight anybody. Dough back them off

Regina King even points out that Ferris can’t fight but always starts shyt as an excuse to shoot somebody. They pulled a shotgun on Trey earlier because they thought it was funny.

Larenz Tate was a stalker in that movie. Pressed ol girl in the record store to get Nia Long’s phone number. Low key the record store lady could be sued for divulging a CUSTOMER’S personal info to a stranger.

This was more of a drama, but romcoms and love stories in general are filled with guys acting like stalkers.

There was this teen sex movie in the early 80s called The Last America Virgin. The guy is remembered for being a simp, but he was like a creepy stalker too.

He went outside the girl’s house, took the air out of her bicycle tires, then came by like “need a ride?” He would longingly stare at his crush like he was obsessed. He made out with her friend and was staring at her while he did it.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The Rambo movies take a weird turn after first blood.

Even IN "First Blood", Rambo is basically a maniac bum terrorizing at town. Do you really want some deranged homeless guy running around your town setting stuff on fire?

Rambo is a Frankenstein's monster, and other than the fact that he doesn't actually have much of a body count First Blood is basically a "wounded child-like monster terrorizes a town" horror movie.

And Colonel Trautman is also guilty of messing him up.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Monica from Love and Basketball. She was incredibly selfish and reminds me of Zeke McCall the more I think about it.

She had a bad rapport/relationship with everybody, Coaches, teammates, mom, sister, Quincy, I think even her Dad.

But got damn, GOT DAMN, has a woman ever looked better on screen?

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I always watch A Christmas Story movie marathon every christmas (besides Home Alone) and I never really thought nothing of the parents I just focused on Ralphie and his adventure. It wasn't until I got older (3 years ago specifically that I realized that Ralphie's dad was a bytch ass mutherfukker.

When Ralphie was helping his dad changing that tire and he accidently cussed in front of him
uh-oh.gif
instead of the dad saying that we're men talking shop and we'll keep this moment between us... this motherfukker was QUICK to hop back in the car and snitch on Ralphie to the mom ":scust:Do you know what YOUR son just said out there....." and got Ralphie in trouble. When Ralphie's mom was punishing him making him eat that Dove soap and asked him where he learned that bad word from instead of Ralphie saying that he learned it from his father he instead blame it on some random kid showing that Ralphie didn't have any #shytchgang tendencies like his punk ass father did.

Meanwhile later in the movie after Raphie had rightfully savagely put hands on Scut Farkus in that alley way and the mom came to break it up later Ralphie was at home scarred to death that she was gonna tell the father... but in a twist of fate she didn't tell him keeping the situation between the two of them showing that she was a real one unlike the father.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I always watch A Christmas Story movie marathon every christmas (besides Home Alone) and I never really thought nothing of the parents I just focused on Ralphie and his adventure. It wasn't until I got older (3 years ago specifically that I realized that Ralphie's dad was a bytch ass mutherfukker.

When Ralphie was helping his dad changing that tire and he accidently cussed in front of him
uh-oh.gif
instead of the dad saying that we're men talking shop and we'll keep this moment between us... this motherfukker was QUICK to hop back in the car and snitch on Ralphie to the mom ":scust:Do you know what YOUR son just said out there....." and got Ralphie in trouble. When Ralphie's mom was punishing him making him eat that Dove soap and asked him where he learned that bad word from instead of Ralphie saying that he learned it from his father he instead blame it on some random kid showing that Ralphie didn't have any #shytchgang tendencies like his punk ass father did.

Meanwhile later in the movie after Raphie had rightfully savagely put hands on Scut Farkus in that alley way and the mom came to break it up later Ralphie was at home scarred to death that she was gonna tell the father... but in a twist of fate she didn't tell him keeping the situation between the two of them showing that she was a real one unlike the father.
Yeah but his dad was the one who got him his bb gun. Not even the mom knew. Pop's wasn't gonna let his boy down. :jawalrus:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Yeah but his dad was the one who got him his bb gun. Not even the mom knew. Pop's wasn't gonna let his boy down. :jawalrus:
I'll give the dad props for that gesture :usure: but best believe Ralphie better watch what he says around his dad if he don't want all of the neighborhood to know :scust: we all saw how he was blabbing to the entire neighborhood about that prostitute leg lamp he had gotten

parallax

Superstar
Daps
after watching it for years, im obviously late, but its obvious that henry in goodfellas is a liar that threw other people under the bus to make himself look better in front of the judge. supposedly he doesnt have any bodies on his hands, but he somehow knows where and when everyone met their demise, and hes only a minor gun runner? he and tommy are partners in everything, except when it comes to killing? im willing to bet he placed carbone in all those hit stories to take the heat off of him, otherwise, i feel if jimmy was really as unhinged as henry said he was after the lufthansa heist, then he would have definetely been one of the bodies found, instead of looking scared all the time, unless he was killing too

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You know they killers....
Pulling that gun out was the nail in the coffin.

They might have just tried to punked Rick. No guarantee that they killed him without the gun being flashed.

Dough protecting Rick the "best way how" is what helped get him killed.
Edit: Plus called his chick a bytch out a public who was trying to defuse it.

Once they saw it was on that level it was a wrap.

fukk that. She knew her boyfriend and his gang were troublemakers. She didn't say shyt when she saw Ferris push Ricky for no reason. She only wanted to give some "peace" speech when Doughboy and his crew were ready to handle business. Plus she should have just addressed her man and not the other side who was only reacting to what he did. That's why Doughboy rightly told her to STFU and Regina said in the background "bytch I will fukk you up".

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

uh-oh.gif

Nah, it depends on the era. You couldn't use that language around your elders until you got a little older, or you'd be greeted with a quick pop in the mouth. OG pops cherished that and a beer in front of them as the last rights of passage. Of course he would tell the mom. And no way would Ralphie blame his dad...once again the era...so he'd blame one of his friends lol.

Blaming parents didn't really become that common until the "I learned it from watching you" 80's commercial.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
When True Lies came out, I remember reading some articles where women were saying it was sexist and criticizes how Arnold’s character treats women. I thought it was just some angry feminist rant at the time.

I watched it a couple years ago. I don’t know if the movie is necessarily sexist, but it’s true that Arnold’s character is horrible to his wife.

He lies for 20 years to his wife about his extremely dangerous job, which causes him to be away a lot. He could leave his wife a widow at any moment, he avoids like 100 bullets in the opening scene.

He uses a ton of resources to see if she’s screwing around on him. They do a raid on her & Bill Paxton and ask her a bunch of personal questions about her marriage and sex life when she’s alone in the interrogation room.

They convince her that Bill Paxton is an international terrorist and that she will do federal time for helping him, and the only way to get out of it is by going to a hotel room and doing a seductive dance for an international arms dealer.

It’s in the dark and she doesn’t know it’s Arnold.

She was told that he only likes to watch and she doesn’t need to fukk him, but Arnold tells her to lie on the bed, so he can do his big reveal that it was him all along. She closes her eyes in fear when he starts kissing her so she doesn’t know it’s him, then hits him over the head with a phone to get away. She probably thought she was going to get raped by this criminal.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
When True Lies came out, I remember reading some articles where women were saying it was sexist and criticizes how Arnold’s character treats women. I thought it was just some angry feminist rant at the time.

I watched it a couple years ago. I don’t know if the movie is necessarily sexist, but it’s true that Arnold’s character is horrible to his wife.

He lies for 20 years to his wife about his extremely dangerous job, which causes him to be away a lot. He could leave his wife a widow at any moment, he avoids like 100 bullets in the opening scene.

He uses a ton of resources to see if she’s screwing around on him. They do a raid on her & Bill Paxton and ask her a bunch of personal questions about her marriage and sex life when she’s alone in the interrogation room.

They convince her that Bill Paxton is an international terrorist and that she will do federal time for helping him, and the only way to get out of it is by going to a hotel room and doing a seductive dance for an international arms dealer.

It’s in the dark and she doesn’t know it’s Arnold.

She was told that he only likes to watch and she doesn’t need to fukk him, but Arnold tells her to lie on the bed, so he can do his big reveal that it was him all along. She closes her eyes in fear when he starts kissing her so she doesn’t know it’s him, then hits him over the head with a phone to get away. She probably thought she was going to get raped by this criminal.
That's why it's called a "black comedy".

:mjpls: