MS state senator introduces bill to close 3 public colleges

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
@MostReal

Good points. I understand MVSU has trouble finding students and getting funding. Mississippi has leveled the tuition for in and out of state students for Alcorn, JSU, and MVSU but the first two obviously have way more pull out of state due to name recognition, academics, sports, and bands.
The way this state hinders Alcorn and JSU now is paradoxical.
Alcorn has the peace and quiet for study and safety but is infrastructurally land locked. Interest is not an issue which is why for a public institution in MS Alcorn has an acceptance rate in the 30% range. Capacity is our issue because of lack of infrastructure on the campus and around it. We don't have anywhere to put anyone and renovations are required for what we do have.
JSU has capacity and infrastructure freedom but the state purposely makes the environment around it inhospitable i.e. the Jackson water situation, the poor roads, and the crime.
All of these things are done purposely in this state.
MVSU's situation is more complicated and very hard to deal with.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kind of off topic, and adding a little humor to the thread, but I got a good laugh out of some of my friends from back home that went to Southern Miss, trying to lowkey say it was a HBCU :mjlol:

As an HBCU grad, all I could do is laugh then tell ‘em nah lol.
@MostReal @Chip Skylark

In the burg? Hell naw 😂 I graduated from Tougaloo but spent A LOT of time at JSU fukking off

Ain’t no way they’re serious about that

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Kind of off topic, and adding a little humor to the thread, but I got a good laugh out of some of my friends from back home that went to Southern Miss, trying to lowkey say it was a HBCU :mjlol:

As an HBCU grad, all I could do is laugh then tell ‘em nah lol.
@MostReal @Chip Skylark

Lol when @Originalman still posted he represents Southern Miss as the best PWI in MS for Black folk though

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Lol when @Originalman still posted he represents Southern Miss as the best PWI in MS for Black folk though
I forgot big bruh did go to Southern Miss. Hopefully, he and his fam doing well.

Southern Miss and South Alabama is where the average kid from the coast went. If you had some money, Ole Miss it was. Most the brehs and brehettes on the coast went to JSU or Southern Miss. Honestly, if I stayed in the state, it would’ve been Alcorn due to their engineering, or Miss State.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Cause when I was living in Memphis seems like all the Arkansas nikkas loved Steve McNair. So I assumed Alcorn State was over there. :manny:

And Mississippi nikkas exclusively big up Jackson State. No mention of Alcorn State so I didn’t know it was down there too.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Cause when I was living in Memphis seems like all the Arkansas nikkas loved Steve McNair. So I assumed Alcorn State was over there. :manny:

And Mississippi nikkas exclusively big up Jackson State. No mention of Alcorn State so I didn’t know it was down there too.
McNair was loved all over the SWAC like that, north MS cats really rock more with Jackson State because of that game in Memphis. South West region is more Alcorn heavy.