Music industry plant - Tommy Richman: Million Dollar Baby

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
To people saying this blew up on tik tok or the song been out really don’t understand how the industry works. A all the way organic viral song is extremely rare. You can definitely have some organic success but you only gonna get a certain amount of eyes and motion with your shyt if someone is paying to market it. You buy fake views, numbers, comments, etc… and that creates more interest when you spend marketing dollars to push out to real people. You mix it all in, the fake with the real.

If you an artist and you have a song with some traction, then they get behind it and boost it up. Then you will continue to get those resources if the next single does well. Release like 2 that don’t catch and then they just gonna find another artist with a buzzing song and do the same thing. Most people know all these numbers and shyt fake but I don’t think they understand to what extent. Almost no artist is as popular as they seem to be.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Labels do the same thing regular people do when it comes to buying views, comments, etc… They just have much bigger budgets and will just pay someone to do it for them. I got a partner who get like 30k for his contracts with labels and he literally getting them views and shyt. The actual cost of that shyt is much cheaper. nikkas buying everything from plays and followers, to YouTube comments and views, Facebook, IG, til tok, etc…

The labels know the game. All the numbers fake. But if you got the right numbers and they feel like they can make some money off you they will fukk with you. And if they sign you off a buzzing song, they will get you the right numbers.

If you doing it right, you just organically build the artist and gradually increase their numbers, and have everything matchup. Like X amount of Spotify gonna mean around X amount of average YouTube views. shyt like that. Make all the numbers match up and make the rise gradual. That way you gonna actually finesse people into thinking you got more motion then you got.

Also, independent artist out here getting waxed. They really believe they can do this shyt organically but you will never get that amount of fans organically. Would take way too many years. Then if they do know somebody with the sauce, they gonna tax. It’s gonna be more than they can afford. And it ain’t no big secret if you know, but nobody gonna give out the sauce lol

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Labels do the same thing regular people do when it comes to buying views, comments, etc… They just have much bigger budgets and will just pay someone to do it for them. I got a partner who get like 30k for his contracts with labels and he literally getting them views and shyt. The actual cost of that shyt is much cheaper. nikkas buying everything from plays and followers, to YouTube comments and views, Facebook, IG, til tok, etc…

The labels know the game. All the numbers fake. But if you got the right numbers and they feel like they can make some money off you they will fukk with you. And if they sign you off a buzzing song, they will get you the right numbers.

If you doing it right, you just organically build the artist and gradually increase their numbers, and have everything matchup. Like X amount of Spotify gonna mean around X amount of average YouTube views. shyt like that. Make all the numbers match up and make the rise gradual. That way you gonna actually finesse people into thinking you got more motion then you got.

Also, independent artist out here getting waxed. They really believe they can do this shyt organically but you will never get that amount of fans organically. Would take way too many years. Then if they do know somebody with the sauce, they gonna tax. It’s gonna be more than they can afford. And it ain’t no big secret if you know, but nobody gonna give out the sauce lol
Exactly. Also bruh I need to speak with you privately pause

Daps
all of you saying it’s dope are willing to acknowledge that the song isn’t original at all and shamelessly copies an aesthetic crafted and mastered by black artists decades earlier, right?

i think this culture vulture aesthetic, and that’s exactly what it is, is borderline corny.

:unimpressed:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
But does it knock tho?:jbhmm:
kinda :yeshrug:

i liked the song but ive never heard of dude before. it does seem like he came outta nowhere.

all of you saying it’s dope are willing to acknowledge that the song isn’t original at all and shamelessly copies an aesthetic crafted and mastered by black artists decades earlier, right?

i think this culture vulture aesthetic, and that’s exactly what it is, is borderline corny.

:unimpressed:

this

concise

Veteran
Daps
Definitely a plant, shyt forcefully plays itself on Spotify when my phone connects to the whip :scust:

I had to mess around with a bunch of settings to make Spotify stop doing that, hasn't done it in a while. :laugh: I remember when Spotify would force Kanye's "Carnival" and some Ariana Grande song upon connection, smh

yeah, this shyt came up on my spotify suggestions and I thought I found a gem. i got the greatest music taste in the world according to me. i find all kinda artists folks don't know about.

then... i started seeing this song EVERYWHERE. definitely a plant. this was unusual as hell lemme find out Spotify is offering payola :leostare:

the intro is the best part anyway, i don't care to listen once he starts singing

Yeah, getting on a Spotify playlist is the new payola

And the highest level is getting your logo on a Barca shirt for El Clasico like some of these artists

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV

Great post.

As many people involved in the coli, I'm surprised more of yall haven't come together to create multiple agencies and influence multiple markets. I know the crypto game and the PPP to some extent had folks actually working together. Yall should really talk more about capitalizing in this global market, especially with AI and global labor markets all at your fingertips.

But let me get back to lurking.