Music industry plant - Tommy Richman: Million Dollar Baby

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:banderas: May have to add the eucalyptus effect to this banger. shyt wavy AF but lacking the vapors ya dig?

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yeah, cuz that's where stars are born.
All you gotta do is move to LA, meet Brent Faiyaz and voila!
It's easy.
Nah him and Shaboozey been on the grind for some time

I can see the argument that the connection to Brent plays apart

But go look how Woodbridge folks supporting Richman, that’s a good sign to see if someone’s rise was organic or not

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah might be a plant but this track fye tho 🔥🔥🔥
Exactly, both can be true.

But like others have asked, what is considered a plant? To me a plant was someone who pretended to be totally self contained (music and business wise) but had the mainstrean machine HIDDEN but propelling them. Doesn't seem like there is any hiding going on.

Either way who cares lol.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Brent dont even have a song that went up like this, so.
we all know being white doesn’t hurt the situation. I still wouldn’t put plant on him though. he’s been releasing since 2016 and like I said I’ve been listening to him for over a year closer to two. He first dropped a song with Brent I thought it was odd later found out Brent had linked with him. so if Brent eats off it too I’m definitely not mad at any of this. It’s just marketing that went in his favor.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brent dont even have a song that went up like this, so.
It's all about knowing how to use tiktok to push your music. The beat alone is enough to get people using it and then you go from there. I didn't know it was a white dude until I looked him up

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t really know that’s seems to have always been his thing. He had some older songs where he was trying to rap but i never took to any of those. Some of the early songs then have like a harmonic rap style but Million Dollar Baby is pretty in line with what ive been listening to from him.
Didn't even realize it was the same dude until I found this thread

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
damn didn't know he was a creh :ehh:

the 2k24 bobby caldwell :wow:

can't front this my shyt

200w.gif

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
This Nygga overwhooping , but be making BOPS.

I didn't know single mom was a real song until I thought "AYE...this sound to familiar! "

And looked it up.

:russ:

Yea I get you gotta strike when the irons hot but I hope he can pivot....cause he got talent for comedy.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
all of you saying it’s dope are willing to acknowledge that the song isn’t original at all and shamelessly copies an aesthetic crafted and mastered by black artists decades earlier, right?

i think this culture vulture aesthetic, and that’s exactly what it is, is borderline corny.

:unimpressed:
Approaching everything like this has got to be fukking exhausting. I got bills to pay, nikka, and real life issues. You wanna blame somebody, blame Brent. The song is hot and it ain’t about killing nikkas so get over it