My African Brehs Do Y’all Send Money Back Home?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OP and other african brothas and sistas in this thread. Isn't this called a black tax in Africa or something like that?

I saw them call it a black tax on some south african show on YouTube.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Other than that i send money to contractors who are doing work at my parents old house that we rented out. In the past month alone ive sent over $1,500 to repair the bathrooms in the house. I use the western union app to send the money for the most part.
My pops used to send money down to build his retirement home. His brother in law was the contractor. He was an honest man, and built the house the way it was supposed to be built. Luckily when the earthquake hit, there was NO damage because he didn't short, rip off, or hustle my father.

We have relatives living there now, and they rent some of the rooms and keep the money.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Yea my parents do. These country will never stop blowing your phone up once you send them money. When I went to Liberia people asked me to send them money, I told them I’m good. :pachaha:“ Them people ain’t doing shyt over there just like nikkas in the hood ain’t doing shyt. :martin:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yea my parents do. These country will never stop blowing your phone up once you send them money. When I went to Liberia people asked me to send them money, I told them I’m good. :pachaha:“ Them people ain’t doing shyt over there just like nikkas in the hood ain’t doing shyt. :martin:
Have a story about this. Some people develop an entitled attitude if they have family in New York* sending them money. And if you don't send money when they ask, they think it's out of selfishness.
WELL....a relative of mine used to be one of those people. She came here about 15 years ago..and now she's on the other end of the situation. She changed her phone number because of requests for money and PERSONALLY apologized to my mother for not understanding how things were back when she was asking for money.

*not really New York, but for people in Haiti, anywhere close to the Empire State is considered New York, hehe

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The World Bank released their latest brief last week, about Migration and Development. They traced and projected remittances for the different regions of the world. Below are the sections about the Caribbean and Sub-saharan African.

Cover-M%26D%20Brief%2036.jpg

=======

Latin America & the CARIBBEAN

Sub Saharan AFRICA

Last edited: