My brother is sick, did i do the right thing??

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
You did the right thing. I work in a hospital. Every patient especially younger ones do something similar to your bro. Wanting to leave, not thinking about the consequences. The worst thing family can do is enable them. He would just end up REALLY sick and end up in ICU or something making his recovery even longer. Basically they aint thinking straight at that point

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
Bruuhhhh, this is the exact ish my daddy was doing a couple months ago. Lost blood circulation in both of his legs, tissue started dying and poisoning him (killing him slowly) and instead of signing off on the amputation he signed himself out of the hospital because he just wanted to go home. Someone actually picked him up and took him home (he was back later that night tho :snoop: )

Long story short, he ended up in hospice for a couple weeks before finally deciding to get the surgery. At that point, they had to take both of his legs and now he's at home doing the exact same stuff that landed him in that situation in the first place.

There is only so much you can do for him, op. It's hard not to stress over it but he's a grown man and you can't hold him down and force him to get his life in order. It sucks to watch people basically give up but, seriously, what can you do?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Bruuhhhh, this is the exact ish my daddy was doing a couple months ago. Lost blood circulation in both of his legs, tissue started dying and poisoning him (killing him slowly) and instead of signing off on the amputation he signed himself out of the hospital because he just wanted to go home. Someone actually picked him up and took him home (he was back later that night tho :snoop: )

Long story short, he ended up in hospice for a couple weeks before finally deciding to get the surgery. At that point, they had to take both of his legs and now he's at home doing the exact same stuff that landed him in that situation in the first place.

There is only so much you can do for him, op. It's hard not to stress over it but he's a grown man and you can't hold him down and force him to get his life in order. It sucks to watch people basically give up but, seriously, what can you do?

Yeah my brother is going to his dialysis treatments but anything else like not smoking weed, eating sweet foods, excersize drinking more water. i dont know?! :yeshrug: