My friend is Going to Sunnyside, Queens, NYC-- Anybody Have Any Info On This Area?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
So Sunnyside is near queensbridge? I'll tell her to avoid it, but where exactly is it, south/north/east/west of Sunnyside?

Any landmarks to see in the manhattan/Sunnyside area?

Sunny side is near queensbridge; but it is easily avoidable. You have to remember Sunny side is the middle of four other neighborhoods. Astoria, Woodside, Long Island city and Maspeth. To be honest they're all becoming gentrified not as much danger as before; but racial tensions are building.

Unfortunately They're not really any landmarks worth going too. laguardia community college dominates the local economy over there.

There's two ways to get there. You can take the Q 60 bus or you can take the 7 train ( it's ugly in the morning).

And queensbridge is west of Sunnyside. I'll try to explain how the neighborhood is. You leave Sunnyside and head to the right, you pass Laguardia community college. If you keep going to the right you will go under towards a bridge, that heads to Manhattan. Keep going through that bridge and the Queensbridge projects is right there. Again you can take the Q 60 or Qm4 ( express), past it. Good luck to your sister.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
its quiet as fukk....:mjlol:
Most of Queens is IMO.
Thats cause there are more working class and middle class families there kids and older people...its not really good for yoing single professionals. Not in terms of affordability but moreso the lack of people to meet that shared the same background interests etc.

If you want nightlife Queens is just not it.

I like Queens thought cause its not like the clusterfukk that Brooklyn has become now. There are many neighborhoods there that are actually community based with normal people and not try hard hipsters interlopers and transplants (i know im a transplant but im just saying). And its still more affordable...but wonr be for long they are already infiltrating it.
Long island city is pretty damn gentrified...very nice neighborhood but very very very pricey. Especially near chase plaza and court square.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Most of Queens is IMO.
Thats cause there are more working class and middle class families there kids and older people...its not really good for yoing single professionals. Not in terms of affordability but moreso the lack of people to meet that shared the same background interests etc.

I like Queens cause its not like the clusterfukk that Brooklyn has become now. There are many neighborhoods there that are actually community based with normal people and not try hard hipsters interlopers and transplants (i know im a transplant but im just saying). And its still more affordable...but wonr be for long they are already infiltrating it.
Long island city is pretty damn gentrified...very nice neighborhood but very very very pricey. Especially near chase plaza and court square.

Yeah LIC is getting crazy with all the construction they got going up near the bridge...

Even near queensbridge right across from the 7 line they got luxury condos they trying so hard to get that white hipster money...

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Most of Queens is IMO.

I like Queens thought cause its not like the clusterfukk that Brooklyn has become now. There are many neighborhoods there that are actually community based with normal people and not try hard hipsters interlopers and transplants (i know im a transplant but im just saying). And its still more affordable...but wonr be for long they are already infiltrating it.

What kind of lies? :dahell:

Anyway, Sunnyside is wack but the 7 is right
there she can go anywhere in the city. She'll be fine.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
She staying at a Hotel?

The only hotels in Sunnyside are ones with BP Hoes on Queens Blvd but all hotels have hoes in em

Moma Queens is real close if she's into Art. Gantry State Park too
They always have shows at PS1 a couple of my friends have opened up for djs there.

Skepta was there two months ago around the time fools gold day off was going on i believe.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

It didnt seem like that to me...but then again i wasnt really living there long and i dont really be out in queens like that. I know there's Marquee but i never get a chance to to check it out when i want to.

I just stay in Brooklyn now. I just moved from Jackson Heights to here almost a month ago.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
Most of Queens is IMO.

Yeah I actually want to move to Long Island city. I live in fresh meadows now; and Forest Hills is to Jewish for me. Crazy about the prices.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps

He's kinda right bro. It's not like that out here in queens. Maybe going to the ave is okay sometimes; but growing up here ( Fresh meadows), there wasn't any nightlife to brag about.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Yeah I actually want to move to Long Island city. I live in fresh meadows now; and Forest Hills is to Jewish for me. Crazy about the prices.

I like Jackson Heights but I moved cause i kind of felt out of place.

Lots of Mexicans Asians and Indians. Not really that many black or white people there.

I didnt really have any problems there though but it kind of felt like the nightlife and the community was so tight knit there was no way of me really meeting people like that unless i grew up there and went to school and church and stuff there.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
He's kinda right bro. It's not like that out here in queens. Maybe going to the ave is okay sometimes; but growing up here ( Fresh meadows), there wasn't any nightlife to brag about.
Well yeah. It's Fresh Meadows. :heh: That's like saying there's no nightlife in Bayside or Little Neck. It's mostly white people out there. You might find some bars but that's it. Jackson Heights has some bars that are mostly Latino and a couple of gay bars. There's tons of lounges and clubs in Queens. Rain, Mantra, Maracas, Amazura, La Boom, Mamajuanas, Tantra etc. You just have to go find them. There's the beer garden in LIC. Oh and Starlets if you like strip clubs. Get out of your town brehs.

Or google.

Last edited:

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
If Perfections wasnt overpriced that would have been the spot for nightlife or if they ever opened up a club in Steinway st that would popping too.

There was a club in Ditmars not to far from Queensbridge that was live but got shutdown. It was called Club One on Cresent St and 36th Ave or something.

Still that part of Queens Astoria to Forest Hills nightlife is bad. Astoria has some spots but I don't drink

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
So Sunnyside is near queensbridge? I'll tell her to avoid it, but where exactly is it, south/north/east/west of Sunnyside?

Any landmarks to see in the manhattan/Sunnyside area?
Queensbridge is just the project buildings in LIC. They're easy to spot. Unless she's looking for them she won't find em tbh.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
:mjcry: @ y'all coming through for a breh.

@SJUGrad13 It's my Korean friend, not my sister :smile:

My sister has been to NY, she liked it but hated driving around there

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does she need to go Outbof here way to avoid a housing project :dahell:

She's obviously not going to be chillin in the lobby it's safe enough to walk past QB my gawd nikkas acting like 40th ave is the Gaza Strip

Stay in NYC for days and try to avoid all housing project brehs

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well yeah. It's Fresh Meadows. :heh: That's like saying there's no nightlife in Bayside or Little Neck. It's mostly white people out there. You might find some bars but that's it. Jackson Heights has some bars that are mostly Latino and a couple of gay bars. There's tons of lounges and clubs in Queens. Rain, Mantra, Maracas, Amazura, La Boom, Mamajuanas, Tantra etc. You just have to go find them. There's the beer garden in LIC. Oh and Starlets if you like strip clubs. Get out of your town brehs.

Or google.
There's a beer garden I've been to in Astoria on 24th ave is that the one your talking about?