My NYC Black Folk......Gentrification

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Do you know how much it cost for a lawyer? Be for real. Not saying that there isn't a way around it but it's not as easy as you are saying. Sometimes that shyt takes years to reach court.
You see there it is again, excuses. Why the fukk would a potential business not have a lawyer? Also bullshyt about it taking years to reach court . This is a landlord tenant case which doesn’t take that long to reach court. My landlord and I are involved in case right at this moment, so yes I know how much a lawyer cost llive in a rent control apartment and that was my parents for over 40 years, he doesn’t want to let the lease renew in my name, so he says he was going to take me to court to evict me in a holdover case. Did I say I give up like a bytchmade loser and not try to defend myself and say I give up ? No I hired a lawyer to take it to court and guess what? It’s been 3 months and just 2 court dates but we in court. I’m in Queens and the post was about a new building that hasn’t even opened yet and a poster already making excuses for not renting to minority’s businesses. Please stop thinking that everyone is helpless and don’t plan for things like this. What potential business doesn’t have a lawyer or accountant? In 2018? Don’t tell me some mom and pop either, this a new property and not an existing storefront . Please for the love God give minoritys credit for having brains and not having your give up mentality and we can’t do shyt but go on the coli and express fake outrage and not fight back. I guess I’m a sellout for trying to keep my apartment and not getting on the coli to complain right?

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You see there it is again, excuses. Why the fukk would a potential business not have a lawyer? Also bullshyt about it taking years to reach court . This is a landlord tenant case which doesn’t take that long to reach court. My landlord and I are involved in case right at this moment, so yes I know how much a lawyer cost llive in a rent control apartment and that was my parents for over 40 years, he doesn’t want to let the lease renew in my name, so he says he was going to take me to court to evict me in a holdover case. Did I say I give up like a bytchmade loser and not try to defend myself and say I give up ? No I hired a lawyer to take it to court and guess what? It’s been 3 months and just 2 court dates but we in court. I’m in Queens and the post was about a new building that hasn’t even opened yet and a poster already making excuses for not renting to minority’s businesses. Please stop thinking that everyone is helpless and don’t plan for things like this. What potential business doesn’t have a lawyer or accountant? In 2018? Don’t tell me some mom and pop either, this a new property and not an existing storefront . Please for the love God give minoritys credit for having brains and not having your give up mentality and we can’t do shyt but go on the coli and express fake outrage and not fight back. I guess I’m a sellout for trying to keep my apartment and not getting on the coli to complain right?

Not everyone is like you. That's the point. Hence why I said its not as easy as you make it seem. You don't speak for everybody. Your situation may not be the same as for other people who are in the same boat so stop talking for everyone when you are talking about yourself.

You sound like one of those ignorant folks that are like "just because I made it out of a bad situation, you have no excuses". You do not know other people's situations so stop making it sound so easy because if it were, more people would be fighting.

If it's so easy as you make it out to be, maybe you can help out other people who are in the same boat since there are many that certainly need the help instead of sitting on your little soapbox.

Last edited:

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Not everyone is like you. That's the point. Hence why I said its not as easy as you make it seem. You don't speak for everybody. Your situation may not be the same as for other people who are in the same boat so stop talking for everyone when you are talking about yourself.

You sound like one of those ignorant folks that are like "just because I made it out of a bad situation, you have no excuses". You do not know other people's situations so stop making it sound so easy because if it were, more people would be fighting.
You making no fukking sense whatsoever. What does this have to do about the original post? The post was about a new building that has opened yet or been built denying minority’s a chance to open a business.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You making no fukking sense whatsoever. What does this have to do about the original post? The post was about a new building that has opened yet or been built denying minority’s a chance to open a business.

Once again, it's not as easy as you're making it out to be. Lawyering up isn't exactly going to do shyt because it's whether or not the lawyer can exactly prove that what happened is against the law to begin with. It's an option but not a guarantee. There are pro bono lawyer services though but that also takes time and some folks don't have that. They may not win the case and then they'll end up having to pay the lawyer and etc regardless. You have the fortune of living with your parents at the same spot while you are fighting the case so you got the time aND money. Your situation is your situation. Speak for yourself.

Last edited:

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Once again, it's not as easy as you're making it out to be. Lawyering up isn't exactly going to do shyt because it's whether or not the lawyer can exactly prove that what happened is against the law to begin with. It's an option but not a guarantee. There are pro bono lawyer services though but that also takes time and some folks don't have that. They may not win the case and then they'll end up having to pay the lawyer and etc regardless. You have the fortune of living with your parents at the same spot while you are fighting the case so you got the time aND money. Your situation is your situation. Speak for yourself.
My parents are dead. Both died this year hence why I’m fighting to keep the place. Mom died of cancer and father died of kidney failure. I been living in this place maintaining it while they fought to live the last years. I went broke in 2016 fighting to pay bills here, when I say broke I mean dead broke in the negative since I had lost my job in January of that year. The only reason I have any money is because the rent is affordable here.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My parents are dead. Both died this year hence why I’m fighting to keep the place. Mom died of cancer and father died of kidney failure. I been living in this place maintaining it while they fought to live the last years. I went broke in 2016 fighting to pay bills here, when I say broke I mean dead broke in the negative since I had lost my job in January of that year. The only reason I have any money is because the rent is affordable here.

Sorry to hear that man. You should be mad about this shyt and all front and centered with that.

DirtyMoney

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stay up bro. That's a heavy hand life dealt yo