My rent just went up 8%....to $915 for a 1BR

Daps
Well, I can't wait for the next real estate crash where these landlords be forced to pay huge fines for overcharging people for rent. :ehh:

No such thing as overcharging, they only offer what ppl are willing to pay. Bad business to set prices to highs nobody can afford.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
No such thing as overcharging, they only offer what ppl are willing to pay. Bad business to set prices to highs nobody can afford.

They already doing that. When People pay well over 40% of their income after taxes on rent, it harms the economy because of lack of disposable income. These landlords are greedy.

Daps
They already doing that. When People pay well over 40% of their income after taxes on rent, it harms the economy because of lack of disposable income. These landlords are greedy.

Good point my G, never thought about it like that. But I live in Toronto so if y'all think its bad wherever you live now, we dealing with way worse ....

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Good point my G, never thought about it like that. But I live in Toronto so if y'all think its bad wherever you live now, we dealing with way worse ....

These landlords know that it isn't stable for the economy to raise rent prices year after year, when the space isn't getting Amy bigger and they incomes always increase. It's greed and it will be a great part of the next collapse. When people have next to nothing to use for free time or hobbies because of rent and utilities, it ruins everything.

Greed will be the downfall of everyone

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Can't say the same about Chicago :russ:
These dudes on the coasts LOST, they're paying out the ass every month to live in shytboxes. $1k/month to live in a closet? :camby:
Chicago really is the best bang for your buck big city, even if you're going to piss away money on rent, which is dumb in the first place.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Not sure in sq ftage but its not that big. Walk-in closet, decent sized bed area, bathroom is quite small actually. I think I may get a roomate for a year and stack some cash to get a down payment for a home next year. A year ago, I was paying 650 (with water and trash) in a decent area....now, that shyt is long gone around the city (atl/smyrna/perimeter)
Sounds like you live in my complex... Same here... I'm only paying $20 less than u supposed to :sadcam: