Mythbusters: Top NBA free agents wanting to go to big markets

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Here are the top 10 markets. What top level free agents through the years have chosen these teams? Shaq, Dwight, Dwill are the 1st to come to mind. Obviously Shaq being the biggest ever, but other than that who? The big free agents only want to go to big markets is a myth.
1-2 New York Knicks / Brooklyn Nets
3-4 Los Angeles Lakers / Los Angeles Clippers
5 Chicago Bulls
6 Toronto Raptors
7 Philadelphia 76ers
8 Dallas Mavericks
9 Golden State Warriors
10 Houston Rockets
Chicago has never signed anyone. Toronto? They got an old ass Dream but idk how they got him I'm not :flabbynsick: like some of yall.
So fill me in here and educate a youngin.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alot of people have this perception that big names go to different teams through FA when it in fact isnt the case ...

Chciago has signed nobody? Ben Wallace, Boozer, Pau are bigger FA signings than any small market teams have ever been to get done

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
What are the top 5 free agent signings of the last 8-10 years?

I dont think its a myth. Maybe bigger markets is more appropriate. Just thinking off the top of my head here; Amare/Carmelo from Denver and Phoenix to NY, Boozer from Utah to Chicago, LeBron from Cleveland to Miami..

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's largely been media driven bile proven by the large number of times the lakers have been rejected the past 5 years

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What are the top 5 free agent signings of the last 8-10 years?

I dont think its a myth. Maybe bigger markets is more appropriate. Just thinking off the top of my head here; Amare/Carmelo from Denver and Phoenix to NY, Boozer from Utah to Chicago, LeBron from Cleveland to Miami..

Boozer was $, Amare was years, Lebron was Wade

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Boozer and Amare could have EASILY gotten max offers from small markets, they choose big markets though

Did Bron/Wade team up in CLE? :comeon:

Utah declined to even offer Boozer the max (partially due to Millsap but still) and Phoenix didn't offer Amare max years because of his knee. Big market teams over paying for guys is kinda the antithesis of the players seek big market talking point don't you think?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Utah declined to even offer Boozer the max (partially due to Millsap but still) and Phoenix didn't offer Amare max years because of his knee. Big market teams over paying for guys is kinda the antithesis of the players seek big market talking point don't you think?

Both of them could have had smaller market teams lining up to pay the same contracts

I wouldnt even consider the Bulls signing of Boozer overpaying .. he wasnt the best, but that signing was essential for the Bulls to take a step into elite territory

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's an outdated concept born in a time when money and exposure weren't equal.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alot of people have this perception that big names go to different teams through FA when it in fact isnt the case ...

Chciago has signed nobody? Ben Wallace, Boozer, Pau are bigger FA signings than any small market teams have ever been to get done

Spurs signing Aldridge
Heat signing LeBron & Bosh
Suns signing Nash
Magic signing Hill & T-Mac

That's off top. Big market advantage is exaggerated but it does exist.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spurs signing Aldridge
Heat signing LeBron & Bosh
Suns signing Nash
Magic signing Hill & T-Mac

Heat considered big market in the NBA 100% ... Nash wasnt Nash yet when he went to PHX ... Spurs are a special case, obviously

Magic getting Hill & Tmac though :leon: ... yet still, FL is a desired destination