Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Everyone I know and love is vaccinated.

At this point I am like :manny: at other people who are not.

At this point the #1 concern (at least in USA) is so many unvaccinated people spreading the delta variant that it gains an additional mutation and sidesteps the vaccination protection completely.

If they protect against new strains, then why worry about people who aren't getting vaccinated? You're protected from everything so just let them die out.
Because the more people who get infected, the more likely that new mutations will develop, and we could eventually reach a mutation that the vaccination no longer works for.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Covid have 99% percent survival, the average person will not die from covid.

Why do people keep saying this like it is all good?

You realize that some people have survived covid, but they will have complications for some time. There have been reports of memory loss, kidney problems, heart problems, infertiliy etc.

All this shyt costs money with all the trips to the doctor to treat these issues.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
gabbo said:
It's almost July and for some reason we have to keep reminding people of this.

They don't think this shyt is serious. It's not like most of these people have ever experienced a pandemic before. Hell, I bet most of them never had chicken pox so they have no frame of reference. That needs to change.......​

smallpox_orig_high.jpg

THIS is a preventable disease, people. It used to kill thousands of people, worldwide, every year. We have vaccines to stop things like this from killing/incapacitating a fairly large proportion of the human species. COVID could be over if you'd stop being stupid.​

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What do you mean by "don't carry"?

Not infectious amounts? Not physically in body? Something else?

I assume you're pseudo-trolling as usual and this is going to devolve into a useless back-and-forth where you haven't actually listened to or learned anything by the end but have just proven some ambiguous "point" that only you understand the relevance of? Just going by experience and the obviously facetious starting options for a question that you already know the answer to anyway.

Theoretically a single covid virus could be in anyone's body at any particular time, just like any other sufficiently small particle. But all studies of vaccinated individuals so far show that in the majority of cases, the virus doesn't last long enough / reproduce enough times to actually show up in regular covid testing even when testing is undertaken regardless of symptom status.

In this early study, for example, fully vaccinated front-line workers were 10x less likely to test positive for Covid even when regular weekly testing of all participants was undertaken.

Interim Estimates of Vaccine Effectiveness of BNT162b2 and mRNA
Using prospective cohorts of health care personnel, first responders, and other essential and frontline workers* in eight U.S. locations during December 14, 2020–March 13, 2021, CDC routinely tested for SARS-CoV-2 infections every week regardless of symptom status and at the onset of symptoms consistent with COVID-19–associated illness. Among 3,950 participants with no previous laboratory documentation of SARS-CoV-2 infection, 2,479 (62.8%) received both recommended mRNA doses and 477 (12.1%) received only one dose of mRNA vaccine.† Among unvaccinated participants, 1.38 SARS-CoV-2 infections were confirmed by reverse transcription–polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) per 1,000 person-days.§ In contrast, among fully immunized (≥14 days after second dose) persons, 0.04 infections per 1,000 person-days were reported, and among partially immunized (≥14 days after first dose and before second dose) persons, 0.19 infections per 1,000 person-days were reported. Estimated mRNA vaccine effectiveness for prevention of infection, adjusted for study site, was 90% for full immunization and 80% for partial immunization. These findings indicate that authorized mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are effective for preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection, regardless of symptom status, among working-age adults in real-world conditions. COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all eligible persons.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
I assume you're pseudo-trolling as usual and this is going to devolve into a useless back-and-forth where you haven't actually listened to or learned anything by the end but have just proven some ambiguous "point" that only you understand the relevance of? Just going by experience and the obviously facetious starting options for a question that you already know the answer to anyway.

Theoretically a single covid virus could be in anyone's body at any particular time, just like any other sufficiently small particle. But all studies of vaccinated individuals so far show that in the majority of cases, the virus doesn't last long enough / reproduce enough times to actually show up in regular covid testing even when testing is undertaken regardless of symptom status.

In this early study, for example, fully vaccinated front-line workers were 10x less likely to test positive for Covid even when regular weekly testing of all participants was undertaken.

Interim Estimates of Vaccine Effectiveness of BNT162b2 and mRNA

bit tetchy there e-grow ...
zO5j2RY.png

you may or may not have noticed but I am not deep in this covid discussions like before. I asked the question because I haven't been keeping more than a cursory eye on events and I am busy.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
bit tetchy there e-grow ...
zO5j2RY.png

you may or may not have noticed but I am not deep in this covid discussions like before. I asked the question because I haven't been keeping more than a cursory eye on events and I am busy.
No, I don't stay on the lookout for you. Touchy cause I've had some bad experiences and the possible answers to gave to your "question" looked like straight trolling. If you really meant it as an honest question I'm surprised because the options didn't look serious.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If you don't get it by now, fukk it. Just try not to burden your family too much with the funeral cost :yeshrug: