Nearly every new Covid-19 death is now entirely preventable, CDC director says

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm speaking on the US only but there are dozens of reasons that could have prevented massive deaths. One being clear as they did in the early 2000s when SARS broke out was to cancel all US flights in and out of China in Dec.
Did they ever cancel all US-China flights during the 2003 SARS epidemic? I see that most flights were eventually canceled but I don't remember any blanket ban. If there was, it wasn't until a long time after the epidemic started, because the first WHO travel advisory for China wasn't until a good 5 months after the first case.

So far as Covid-19 goes, the first reports of a "pneumonia cluster" in Wuhan were publicly made on December 31, 2019, and we now know it had to have been circulating for at least 5 weeks already at that point. The first acknowledgement that it was a new virus was 5 January 2020 and its genetic sequence was first published on 12 January 2020.

Retrospective testing of old samples shows that Covid was already in Turin and Milan by December 18, 2019. However, Covid wasn't confirmed in Italy until January 31, 2020. By then it had already been circulating in Italy for at least six weeks.

The first confirmed Covid case in the USA was a man traveling from China to Washington on January 15. However, retrospective testing showed that a Santa Clara woman died of Covid on February 6th, suggesting that it had already gotten into Cali from China by early-mid January. And though Covid wasn't confirmed in NYC until March 6, there were already so many cases in New York (italian strain) at that point that epidemiologic modeling shows it must have arrived in New York from Italy in late January or early February at the latest.

Global air travel from China began being restricted on February 2nd, and the USA began restricting travel from many European countries on March 13th. In both cases it was far too late.

It would have been impossible for travel bans alone to stop the spread of the virus to the USA, it just got here too fast. Travel bans along with extremely good contact tracing from the beginning could have done a lot to slow the spread of the virus and maybe even caused an extreme reduction in cases, but that would have required a level of attention and competence from the government that we didn't even come close to reaching.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
THEY KEEP TO THEMSELVES MOSTLY AND NOBODY TOUCHES THEM. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE WITHIN 6 FEET OF A HOMELESS PERSON? OR EVEN TOUCHED ONE?

And since they don't have a home and lack funds they never spend much time inside anywhere (where's it's easier to spread)

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
:stopitslime:

Trump tried to HIDE ALL the info by putting it in a private database instead of allowing the CDC to release it to researchers and the public, so WTF are you even talking about.....

Trump Administration Strips C.D.C. of Control of Coronavirus Data

:mindblown:
U sound stupid as fukk
How in the fukk would Trump be able to hide information from an organization that had it 1st:dead:

How dumb are u?

Regardless of whether the Trump Administration told the CDC to not release information they still had a duty to the country to provide factual guidance :unimpressed:

The whole reason you stupid ass anti maskers was acting the way uall did was cause the CDC wasnt giving the proper information that they had all the way back in 2019 to the country in early 2020

So stfu

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Nat King Krueger said:
How in the fukk would Trump be able to hide information from an organization that had it 1st

:snoop:

If you read what I linked, you'd answer your own dumb question you stupid mothafukka, and I'm no "anti-masker" you goddamned idiot.

If that wasn't enough for you, read this. It explains how Trump and his Administration straight MISINFORMED people and tried to make the CDC cooperate with their fukkery....

Select Subcommittee Analysis Shows Pattern of Political Interference by the Trump Administration in Coronavirus Response
The report explains: “The analysis demonstrates that over the last eight months, the Administration engaged in a persistent pattern of political interference—repeatedly overruling and sidelining top scientists and undermining Americans’ health to advance the President’s partisan agenda.”

Last edited:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
:snoop:

If you read what I linked, you'd answer your own dumb question you stupid mothafukka, and I'm no "anti-masker" you goddamned idiot.​

Man. Trump did so much to stifle the CDC and HHS.

Once again I can't believe this is something we have to remind people of in 2021.

Off the top of my head he fired Rick Bright and Nancy Messonnier among other top health officials for speaking the truth about the severity of the pandemic.

And of course he replaced them with loyalists that would go along with his message like Alex Azar. This was anything but business as usual for the CDC

Daps
About 180,000 Americans under 65 have died of Covid. The lifespan of Black men in America has dropped by 3+ years since the pandemic began. But keep running around with your fingers in your ears.
At this point I don’t give a fukk. All the deaths happening now are unvaccinated people so I’m Captain Kirk on this shyt now. Especially now that I know these people can't kill my family and intelligent people anymore. Get these morons out of the paint, you wanna be dumb and think you know more than scientists? Enjoy your dirt nap

tenor.gif

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
gabbo said:
Man. Trump did so much to stifle the CDC and HHS.

Once again I can't believe this is something we have to remind people of in 2021.

Off the top of my head he fired Rick Bright and Nancy Messonnier among other top health officials for speaking the truth about the severity of the pandemic.

And of course he replaced them with loyalists that would go along with his message like Alex Azar. This was anything but business as usual for the CDC

Dudes in here thinking Trump had the CDC in his back pocket this entire time when the truth is, that cat abused his power and caused people to think the CDC was at-fault for NOT pushing his anti-vaxx agenda.

They'd been fighting since Trump took office but Trump told them what to say???? The man who said Obama left NO plan for a pandemic just to avoid blame???

:mindblown:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did they ever cancel all US-China flights during the 2003 SARS epidemic? I see that most flights were eventually canceled but I don't remember any blanket ban. If there was, it wasn't until a long time after the epidemic started, because the first WHO travel advisory for China wasn't until a good 5 months after the first case.

So far as Covid-19 goes, the first reports of a "pneumonia cluster" in Wuhan were publicly made on December 31, 2019, and we now know it had to have been circulating for at least 5 weeks already at that point. The first acknowledgement that it was a new virus was 5 January 2020 and its genetic sequence was first published on 12 January 2020.

Retrospective testing of old samples shows that Covid was already in Turin and Milan by December 18, 2019. However, Covid wasn't confirmed in Italy until January 31, 2020. By then it had already been circulating in Italy for at least six weeks.

The first confirmed Covid case in the USA was a man traveling from China to Washington on January 15. However, retrospective testing showed that a Santa Clara woman died of Covid on February 6th, suggesting that it had already gotten into Cali from China by early-mid January. And though Covid wasn't confirmed in NYC until March 6, there were already so many cases in New York (italian strain) at that point that epidemiologic modeling shows it must have arrived in New York from Italy in late January or early February at the latest.

Global air travel from China began being restricted on February 2nd, and the USA began restricting travel from many European countries on March 13th. In both cases it was far too late.

It would have been impossible for travel bans alone to stop the spread of the virus to the USA, it just got here too fast. Travel bans along with extremely good contact tracing from the beginning could have done a lot to slow the spread of the virus and maybe even caused an extreme reduction in cases, but that would have required a level of attention and competence from the government that we didn't even come close to reaching.

It wasn't a complete ban or immediately but I do remember having my China trips cancelled during SARS outbreak.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm trying to figure out what they be putting in heroin, because I see the same 8 or 9 homeless bums on my way to work.

They've been out there the entire pandemic, holding fast food doors open, digging through garbage collecting cans, shooting up. Yet they still walking around regular.

That homeless drug addict immunity is no joke.

:wow:

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If they protect against new strains, then why worry about people who aren't getting vaccinated? You're protected from everything so just let them die out.

To not clog up the hospitals, especially for those with other serious ailments like heart disease, car injuries, cancers, drug overdoses etc.