"Negro Season" racist graffiti left on side of building in ATL.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
ATL brehs you nikkas letting cacs do this when you outnumber them in your own city? :what:

ATLANTA — Atlanta police are investigating controversial graffiti that was left on a side of a city building.

In the graffiti, cartoon character Elmer Fudd is wearing a police uniform instead of his usual hunting outfit. He is holding a shotgun with the words "Negro Season" on a sign behind him. The image, which included the tag name MAES, was painted on the garage of a building on West Peachtree Street.

The building's facilities manager told police that staff first saw the graffiti Saturday. By Monday, the image had been painted over. Officials are checking the building's surveillance camera.

"I think it's offensive to anyone. It's sickening," said Atlanta police Sgt. Greg Lyon. "I don't think of Atlanta as that type of city."

According to a police incident report, the graffiti popped up sometime overnight Friday and stayed up all weekend long.

In a climate where across the country, relationships between police and the black community are increasingly strained by deadly encounters, the graffiti has raised questions about its intention.

Police are trying to use the MAES tag to find the graffiti artist who would probably face charges of property destruction.

"Clearly people have a First Amendment right to express their opinion about whatever they want, draw pictures, do whatever they want," Lyon said. "But if you're going to do that, you need to do it on your own property. Don't do it on someone else's property. It's against the law."

A search of social media for MAES did not find any other street art or graffiti associated with the tag. It's not recognized as an acronym either.

Police said they are heavily reliant on the public to provide tips on who created the graffiti.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
no they wont
let's get negro batman on the case, because we got to keep the city buildings free of graffiti
Then how do you propose it get fixed breh, since you seem to be very emotional about this issue :jbhmm:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
uh.....

it looks more like a political cartoon criticising police officers than an attack on black folks. Elmer Fudd (stupid and boorish) is dressed as a police officer and just like he says "rabbit season" instead he says "Negro Season". I wouldn't be surprised if the person who did it was black themselves....

Do you guys ever consider or read context when you see things like this or just react on reflex? :dwillhuh:

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
I don't think it was meant to be racist. I think the artist was trying to bring attention to the police brutality issue.
uh.....

it looks more like a political cartoon criticising police officers than an attack on black folks. Elmer Fudd (stupid and boorish) is dressed as a police officer and just like he says "rabbit season" instead he says "Negro Season". I would be surprised if the person who did it was black themselves....
Bingo

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I don't think it was meant to be racist. I 5hink the artist was trying to bring attention to the police brutality issue.

Definitely.

However, my immediate reaction is that this misses the mark.:patrice:

Like an amateur cac trying to get his banksy on.

I was fully expecting the usual swastika scrawl on the side of a wall like these people usually do. So I'm a little surprised :ehh:

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
Then how do you propose it get fixed breh, since you seem to be very emotional about this issue :jbhmm:
idk, get on with your day and let the owners of the building deal with it, and not find a way to blame black people because there aren't negro stake out posts for the sides of buildings?