Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
9cd3c4350fa718877870673c0df7a088_w200.gif

Crumple

All Star
Daps
This is fire

Big thank you @Juggalo Fred especially coming from you. I know you're a big Horrorcore fan.

Is there anything in particular you like about this track?

The whole album is Toronto Horrorcore. Nothing like this came out of my city in 2023.

Here's two other tracks

Kill the cheaters

Goats in Chaos

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Thank you so much @Cladyclad ! Props from studious hip hop heads like you means the most to me.

I spent over 115 hours in the beat making, writing, mixing/mastering and artwork for this album over a 2 year period.

Actually timed with a digital kitchen timer. Whether I put 1 min in or a 2 hour motivated stretch. So when ppl don't have albums I ask - did they put in 115 hours? They'd create way faster than me. I get hung up on details.

Even the Charlie Manson interviewer pauses in the end of this track I made sure they hit the right timing.

And I'm happy you say I'm original. I'm horrorcore but I know I offer something way different than the others who make this type of hip hop.

Big thank you.

Also I gave Cage five beats to choose from. He specifically chose this one to write on!

Crazy!
No disrespect at all but 115 hours is like, three 40 hour work weeks. So yeah, most people doing music propably did put in three weeks.

Keep doing your thing though, not really my type of music but I can only respect the grind :ehh:

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Big thank you @Juggalo Fred especially coming from you. I know you're a big Horrorcore fan.

Is there anything in particular you like about this track?

The whole album is Toronto Horrorcore. Nothing like this came out of my city in 2023.

Here's two other tracks

Kill the cheaters

Goats in Chaos

Toronto has a horrorcore scene?

Your beat selection reminds me of old cage and yak balls and necro style shyt

I'll check the other songs out and let you know, can't listen at the moment but wanted to respond to you

Crumple

All Star
Daps
No disrespect at all but 115 hours is like, three 40 hour work weeks. So yeah, most people doing music propably did put in three weeks.

Keep doing your thing though, not really my type of music but I can only respect the grind :ehh:

I hear you. It doesn't seem like much. But know it's a different type of work. Some people invest their life's valuable time in jobs they don't like - and not putting action towards their "Voice" or calling in life.

115 creative hours is different. In my world - I had to find samples, make melodies, get the right snare drum sound. Write to beats. Go back. Rewrite rhymes, record demo takes. Then the mixing is very challenging.

This is 115 hours after my core work - which really equates to around 2 hours each week. The thing is - is the discipline to do it. I forced myself on days I didn't want to work on my album. Most days I enjoyed it.

The fact is most "rappers" don't drop albums. Many emcees I knew in 1999 never dropped an original album - and many recorded tracks.

Many got stuck in complaining and blaming. There's alot that can go on. It's a chaotic world. I know women who got frustrated with their "rapper" husbands - who neglected the marriage and kids - only to never drop an album after 20 years - and the woman was like fukk your dream - make more money elsewhere. That's some harsh reality shyt. To have kids and a marriage makes things even more difficult.

My father actually died during the process of me making this new album. Life happens - but I stay focused on my end goals. (rest in peace Dad - I'm happy you made it to 79.5 years old)

That's why when people ask me to help them make an album - I ask did you put 115 hours in yet? Most haven't put 5 creative hours in.

Also I'm talking about "albums" as in Pink Floyd - Darkside, Common - Ressurection, Ghostface - Supreme Clientele - complete original bodies of work albums.

Not a music video, or streaming album.

I'm talking about whole package art album.

I want to see more artists on The Coli drop an album. If you're reading this - stay on the grind until it's at least out on Spotify with dope artwork. You'll be a legend to your lineage.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Toronto has a horrorcore scene?

Your beat selection reminds me of old cage and yak balls and necro style shyt

I'll check the other songs out and let you know, can't listen at the moment but wanted to respond to you

Dope thank you so much.

Toronto does not have a big Horrorcore scene. I think I may be one of 10 rappers doing this style of hip hop from my city. On the grand scheme of things for Toronto Hip Hop - I'm waaaay different. No one sounds like me from Toronto - but I have alot of Toronto slang and Toronto references in my music.

Toronto Hip Hop has a lot of ho and drug dealers rappers at the moment. Which I stand in stark contrast from. I diss the sex worker game in my latest video that got on worldstarhiphop. I'm for people going for their good contributions and healthy relationships heavy first before stooping to sex work.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
GOOD STUFF BRODIE, DO A FULL LP WIT CAGE N BRING HIM ALL THE WAY BACK 1 TIME

Thanks homie. If I could, I would. The future is limitless. People love our collabs. So many people said they love how he sounds over my production.
Hearing that fan feedback is an honor.

It's wild - the full circle. Glass Vials is a crack cocaine reference. And now "Glass"ine Envelopes is a heroin package reference. I never even thought of that while writing the chorus.