New Kendrick Lamar interview On Hot 97 Ebro In The Morning

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
brehs now that I think about it, I get how "i" ties into the album. It's Kendrick getting into a car, turning on the radio and ironically hearing something positive, while his life circumstances are so negative. That's why the song starts out by saying "this is a world premier." And the traffic sounds at the end would be Kendrick snapping out of the positive mood the song generated, and realizing he's still stuck in traffic/life/whatever.

:ohhh:

The producer of the track said Kendrick asked him to make something super positive. Given that everyone keeps saying this album is darker, I'd bet that is the concept behind the single and how it fits. We know he had a recent session with Pharrell so I think that's where he'll get a single from, for next year.

Ike omad

Rookie
Daps
tbh I'm glad "i" is finally getting its deserved praise

Now nikkas see what was happening with "Yeezus"

When dudes was talking bout it was a "dub-step" album, when there was 0 dub-step in it. Dude actually made a conscious effort to include no dub-step at all in the production of the album.

But of course the biggest critics of that album were the most musically ignorant. So it all made sense.

Now Kendrick dealing with the same thing.

The musically ignorant trying to box something he made in, so that it fits a genre or music that they THINK is within their frame of reference.

You can get as musically technical as you want, but the reality is that dudes who don't know any better gonna call it what they want.

It just is what it is

WeDemBoyz

All Star
Daps
Besides "I" can yall brehs post all of Kendrick's new songs?

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick is not falling off or selling out anytime soon...he'll continue to make great hip hop music, while Rock continues to make that hardcore gangsta shyt, Schoolboy continues to be a pill and drink addict and Ab continues to do whatever it is he does.

Ike omad

Rookie
Daps

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
brehs now that I think about it, I get how "i" ties into the album. It's Kendrick getting into a car, turning on the radio and ironically hearing something positive, while his life circumstances are so negative. That's why the song starts out by saying "this is a world premier." And the traffic sounds at the end would be Kendrick snapping out of the positive mood the song generated, and realizing he's still stuck in traffic/life/whatever.

:ohhh:

The producer of the track said Kendrick asked him to make something super positive. Given that everyone keeps saying this album is darker, I'd bet that is the concept behind the single and how it fits. We know he had a recent session with Pharrell so I think that's where he'll get a single from, for next year.

I was thinking the same thing.