New York artists and rappers are nothing but haters when it comes to the south.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I said it,got damn it. I swear man, a lot of cats from New York suffer from hip-hop elitist syndrome. If the beat doesn't have a dusty ass vinyl jazz sample with some heavy boom bap drums and some pseudo poet rapper talking over the beat a lot of New york cats ain't trying to hear it. They disrepect southern legends all the time. Remember when them wu tang nikkas dissed the intelligence of southern rappers?And new york continue to boo up and coming southern artists like Jay electronica and Big Krit. Now tell me I'm wrong... hatin ass nigguhs. And it's funny because the south doesn't have a problem giving it up for New York artists. Big L,Nas, B.i.g are all dope artist.

Last edited:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
This isn't really new. A lot of NY rappers have hated on both the South and the West.

But plenty of NY rappers have shown love for the South too: Cam, 50, Jadakiss, and probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head right now. :manny:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
This isn't really new. A lot of NY rappers have hated on both the South and the West.

But plenty of NY rappers have shown love for the South too: Cam, 50, Jadakiss, and probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head right now. :manny:
Nobody said it was new . I just never seen this topic addressed.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Nobody said it was new . I just never seen this topic addressed.
I see it get addressed frequently. I remember a few days ago reading a thread about someone talking about how Outkast got booed in 90s while performing in NY. Now that I think about it, it might not have been on the Coli, but still, this subject of NY hating on the South has been discussed often.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the west coast too. im from the east grew up in the west and now live in the south.

both coast think the south is slow and whatever get over it. you sound like a girl i dated a few years ago who was overly sensitive with that same shyt you talking while at the same time you have your own biased towards other regions:camby:

and i can post a lot of facts supporting how much love the east has for the south. nikkas are not slow just very emotional

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
full

Insecure?
Insecure about what? The south along with the west coast run hip-hop now. Ain't nobody checking for that boom bap shyt no more.

BronxFleeZ

We here man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gun Hill Forreal
That's the rappers stuck in a era. They don't appreciate world wide music. shyt, my fav rappers are from Chicago & NC. I'm from NY but I make music everybody fukk with, I don't even remember rapping on a boom bap beat ever. nikkas like that will never grow musically.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Plus, Florida is it's own thing.
:whoa: No disrespect, I lived there once myself.

But most southerners (ATL, LA, etc) don't consider FLA part of the south. If I repped FLA, I wouldn't worry about NY hating on the South.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Plus, Florida is it's own thing.
:whoa: No disrespect, I lived there once myself.

But most southerners (ATL, LA, etc) don't consider FLA part of the south. If I repped FLA, I wouldn't worry about NY hating on the South.
Fla have it's on and off runs.I was born in florida but most my family roots are in georiga .I ain't worried about it's just annoying .