New York artists and rappers are nothing but haters when it comes to the south.

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
never saw that country shyt clip before :mjlol: NY gotta be really insecure to boo a dude from the south performing a song about south shyt. You never see any NY artists getting booed in the south for doing some NY centric song

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
never saw that country shyt clip before :mjlol: NY gotta be really insecure to boo a dude from the south performing a song about south shyt. You never see any NY artists getting booed in the south for doing some NY centric song
Exactly my point breh.This ain't a hate NY thread because they got dope artists too but they just shyt on southern rappers every opportunity they can get.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
full

Insecure about what? The south along with the west coast run hip-hop now. Ain't nobody checking for that boom bap shyt no more.

True. so why does this thread exist? :comeon:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
True. so why does this thread exist? :comeon:
That doesn't negate anything stated previously. It would be nice if new york could give it up for the southern artists that's all. As the origin of the culture support would be nice.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
That doesn't negate anything stated previously. It would be nice if new york could give it up for the southern artists that's all. As the origin of the culture support would be nice.

"fukk New York!" That should be your attitude.

You can't make wack shyt then want props. Honestly, as much as I love New York, if I were making great music and I really felt deep down it was great music, I wouldn't give a fukk if NY was feelin it or not.

I also feel like if you were really dope, the smartest and brightest in NY would embrace you. NY is one of the most diverse cities in the world. Embracing good weird music isn't a big deal.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
"fukk New York!" That should be your attitude.

You can't make wack shyt then want props. Honestly, as much as I love New York, if I were making great music and I really felt deep down it was great music, I wouldn't give a fukk if NY was feelin it or not.

I also feel like if you were really dope, the smartest and brightest in NY would embrace you. NY is one of the most diverse cities in the world. Embracing good weird music isn't a big deal.
Good point. I can't say fukk new york though because if I do that I'll be lying to myself and and dissing odb,krs ,nas, and all the other ny greats. All i can say is fukk the haters man like pimp c said .

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
after aaaalllllll the history with excellent southern rappers (Geto Boys, Ball & G, UGK, Devin, Mystikal, Juvenile, Lil Wayne, BG etc.) this is still a thing?

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not from NY or the US for that matter but Blues/Soul Samples Turntabilism>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trapbeats and 808s

Getoboys, UGK, Outkast, Devin the Dude ,Big Krit, David Banner and Ludacris to name a few all get their respect.

Guys like RHQ, Young Thug, Soulja Boy get no respect
it's not about 808s vs soul samples. it's about dope vs wack. when done right, trapbeats or 808 can be dope as fukk. when done wrong, soul samples get played out. sped up soul sample, some were dope but at some point became so formulatic that it started becoming lame/lazy (same thing happening with trapbeats right now).

whatever style and technique you use, as long as you're creative with it and keep it fresh. this is why a lot of the southern artists you named get props despite using different styles and sounds (including 808s)

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not 'crazy' when your objective and come to terms with the sheer volume of unprecedented, mindbogglingly stupid, irreversible damaging trash that has come out of your pathetic region.
This. The south doesn't get enough hate as far as I'm concerned.