New York Plans To Force Uber To Add Tipping Option

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission announced a proposal today that could force Uber to finally allow riders to tip drivers within its app. The full proposal will be introduced in a few months and would require "car services that only accept credit cards" to let passengers tip with their cards in the app, according to The New York Times. "We have not seen the proposal and look forward to reviewing it," an Uber spokesperson told The Verge. "Uber is always striving to offer the best earning opportunity for drivers and we are constantly working to improve the driver experience." Cash tips have long been a part of a New York City cab ride, and Uber hasn't explicitly stopped riders from tipping its drivers in cash. But the touchscreen interfaces of New York City taxis allow riders to tip a driver even when paying with a credit card. Uber's app, meanwhile, has never had a similar option for including credit card-based tips.

New York City may force Uber to add tipping option in app

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uber lawyers already drawing up the amendment to the driver's contract - Paragraph 48, Subsection A(ii)(1) - Excess fee conversion convenience surcharge - any amount tendered by occupant in excess of the metered rideshare cost is subject to a conversion convenience surcharge of $0.34 for ever $1.00 or $3.00, whichever is greater :troll:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Uber lawyers already drawing up the amendment to the driver's contract - Paragraph 48, Subsection A(ii)(1) - Excess fee conversion convenience surcharge - any amount tendered by occupant in excess of the metered rideshare cost is subject to a conversion convenience surcharge of $0.34 for ever $1.00 or $3.00, whichever is greater :troll:
:wow:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I swear this city is run by idiots.

off-topic but they got all these brand new bike lanes right next to the queens blvd service road but can't fix the potholes? :martin:

I'm getting camera speeding tickets for doing 37? :martin:

Now making sure uber drivers getting tips is a priority? :martin:

This what happens when liberals run things. Can't wait to vote republican next mayoral election.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why is tipping your driver a thing tho
i feel little to no obligation to tip a fukking driver :deadjay: unless you're gonna take me to my destination like The Transporter, fukk all that :camby:

that actually goes for most of these tipping professions. theres been several occasions where i left a nice tip because someone hooked me up with extra, went above and beyond or fast, served me at the bar when theres a ton of ppl waiting for drinks. but just because you drove from point A to point B, or you poured me a fukkin beer :what: i feel zero obligation to subsidize your lifestyle :mjlol:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i feel little to no obligation to tip a fukking driver :deadjay: unless you're gonna take me to my destination like The Transporter, fukk all that :camby:

that actually goes for most of these tipping professions. theres been several occasions where i left a nice tip because someone hooked me up with extra, went above and beyond or fast, served me at the bar when theres a ton of ppl waiting for drinks. but just because you drove from point A to point B, or you poured me a fukkin beer :what: i feel zero obligation to subsidize your lifestyle :mjlol:
This, I only tip for great service, not for doing the bare minimum.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I dont always to tip but man society really looks down on you if you dont.

Anyhow, why is it the govt's business if theres a tipping option or not.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse

Ewwwww... beer...

:hhh:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear this city is run by idiots.

off-topic but they got all these brand new bike lanes right next to the queens blvd service road but can't fix the potholes? :martin:

I'm getting camera speeding tickets for doing 37? :martin:

Now making sure uber drivers getting tips is a priority? :martin:

This what happens when liberals run things. Can't wait to vote republican next mayoral election.

that is a HUGE problem in Chicago. they got bike lanes in neighborhoods where you know damn well that street hasn't seen a bike since mfers were rolling around in
220px-Kangaroo_Bicycle_Rev.jpg

but the same potholes emerge every year like they been hibernating. it's such a city wide joke that there is a trend of refilling them with mosaic tiles

chicago-pothole-mosaics.jpg

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Be indifferent to workers rights, Brehs.

If you don't tip tipped workers you're safely a piece of shyt after you're thirteen years old.
U fukkface i dont care if u negged me lol
U dumbass soulhurt liberal pussies are so damn stupid.

A wise man once said: "A liberal is someone who wants people to have an open mind but then are shocked & furious to find out people think differently than them"

U dumbass i dont tip bad service u fukkface, hate me for it i dont care BWAHAHHHAHAHA