New York Rappers Get Catapulted Into Greatness With The Smallest Sample Size

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well if we can call Biggie goat with two albums, then why can't we call The DOC goat with one?

Biggie is not the goat.
So, why are you asking.
Are you believing marketing made by a toy,...puff erroneously started that big bullshyt.
It is a toy's emotional response to pac'a adulation.
When, Pac was not the goat either.
Krs is the goat, period.

Art Barr

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He had game though :banderas:
@StillNotSoft can break it down further :myman:

I would love to address @Artbarrs pure ignorance:sas1:

The fact you could even say E-40 is NOW more skilled than he was before just shows you were listening to E-40 wrong or you never really listened.

2:07

masterful storytelling

So lets break it down,an emcee who is a great storyteller,unique voice and great variety of deliveries,one of the greatest of all time when it comes to wordplay and metaphors,can spit at the speed of an auctioneer,has more flows than can be counted....doesn't have skills in Arts world::jbhmm:?We talkin abour rubricks and rhyming blueprints now?have you ever heard breaking the mold?As a matter of fact are you forgetting we've heard your music?It was the definition of offbeat If I recall correctly:sas2: I assumed you were going for the same conversational style 40 does,turns out you were just lost on that beat:mjlol:...E-40 knows exactly what he is doing,and is on record saying he slowed down his style so the squares could understand it,I believe this was around the Ball Street Journal era.

Those who know can testify he essentially dumbed down...yall are allowed to not like E-40,but I refuse to listen to people say he's more skilled now and is using ghostwriters:scust:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
e's a pioneer who helped shift the sound but he's only got 2 great albums which both aren't 100% solo because Eric B is also featured on the album

:shaq2: Now, I know you lying.

Eric B. never did anything on any Eric B. & Rakim record.

Dude was the DJ and didn't even DJ on the records.

Dude didn't even produce

He sure as hell wasn't bussin' rhymes.

Yeah. you are in denial....

Diddy is the rapper all these current materialistic rappers have copied, including Jay Z. Plus Diddy was the right hand man next to one of the greatest rappers ever.

50 was the gangster rapper who dominated the 2000's. Plus 50 is the only rapper to verbally attack other so called street rappers (Lox, Fat Joe, Wu Tang, Mater P) with no consequences.

And all of those materilaistic rappers suck. That nikka is AIDS in Hip-Hop form :mindblown: and you want us to call him one of the GOATs?

And no, 50 didn't dominate the 2000s.

50 had ONE year.

That is it.

By the time "The Massacre" came out, he was already losing steam.

His association to Eminem has pretty much kept him having a career.

if hes not poppin on the east, then hes not poppin all across the map

There's plenty of New York nikkaz that would never get played in Chicago or Atlanta or L.A., but get propped up by nikkaz as hot shyt.

@Art Barr serious question, if your boy Juice was from NYC instead of Chicago do you think he would have got the attention he deserved?

Dude, Juice beat Eminem in a battle, what you think?

If he was from New York, he would've been signed to the Roc or Def Jam and they would've been saying, "this here is the nikka that beat Eminem".

rakim gets props for one, because he was one of the main guys that revolutionized the way people rapped.......now granted, he gets way too much credit for that

He does not get too much credit. Name one rapper considered to be all-time great that does not consider Rakim to be one of their biggest, if not their biggest influence. There aint one. He influenced EVERYBODY.

east coast and especially NY did used to be heavy with the hating tho.

Hell yeah they did.

That's what annoys me about that revisionist as "The West ruined HIp-Hop by bringing gangsta shyt into it" narrative that gets repeated over and over again.

The West LOVED New York. EVERYBODY loved New York.

We ALL loved Run DMC, Slick Rick, Kane, Rakim, Public Enemy, etc. . .and looked up to them.

It was THEM who got all salty once other regions started becoming successful and hating and trying to sabotage nikkaz by keeping them off BET and going on New York radio hating on nikkaz.

NYC Warrior

Dat ole real sh*t
Daps
Reppin
BX
bro the only NY shyt that was really hating was a select few. the PEOPLE always showed other regions love. I never seen no fukkin hate and if nikkas aint know certain music it was because of pure ignorance and region bias. which EVERY region had and has. I have family all over and I witnessed the shyt myself first hand. nikkas in other states especially the south was NOT embracing us like that. only the really popular shyt. shyt is a fukkin myth bro. aside from "certain" DJ's n shyt. all kinda shyt was playin on our radio. Do or Die. Outkast. Crucial Conflict. Snoop. Dre. Pac. shyt even the corny shyt like 95 south.

breh I made this post to a NY apologist two years ago -

So what are you now, the west coast sympathizer or something? Since you say "we" then I'm assuming you're a Ny'er. When these nikkas talk shyt about NY, YOUR ass is included too and they couldn't care less whether you're one of the fair and balanced ones or not. Yeah there's always been some bias from NY obviously, but at the same time nikkas was bumping Pharcyde, Ice Cube, Souls Of Mischief, Dre, and had mad love for them. I remember when some of these rappers used to come over to NY and kick it with no problems. Everybody from NYC wasn't on some biased shyt. If hip hop started out west, they would probably be even more biased.

In all the years I seen way more animosity directed towards NY from the west coast than we have ever expressed towards them. Twenty years later nikkas still can't let go. I mean damn, Kay Slay can go out to cali hoods and damn near show love to everybody, yet west coast nikkas still find a reason to hate. You just have to look around the this forum and everywhere else on the net. shyt, I've seen nikkas crack jokes at an 8 year old girl's death in one thread just because the kid happened to be from NY. That's how deep their hatred goes - all over some music shyt. So tell me who the real haters are?

Im old enough to remember shyt from the early 90s and the hate wasn't nowhere near as extensive as nikkas make it out to be. I know some heads who got pics with Ice Cube from back in the day chilling with nikkas in NYC to then turn around like a year later on that wack ass westside connection shyt crying like a little bytch because of the hate from a few people.

Muthafukkas, especially these west coast nikkas just wanna jump on the bandwagon and have shyt to say. In 40 years from now if these dudes are still alive they still gon be bitter. :smh:

NYC Warrior

Dat ole real sh*t
Daps
Reppin
BX
:shaq2: Now, I know you lying.

Hell yeah they did.

That's what annoys me about that revisionist as "The West ruined HIp-Hop by bringing gangsta shyt into it" narrative that gets repeated over and over again.

The West LOVED New York. EVERYBODY loved New York.

We ALL loved Run DMC, Slick Rick, Kane, Rakim, Public Enemy, etc. . .and looked up to them.

It was THEM who got all salty once other regions started becoming successful and hating and trying to sabotage nikkaz by keeping them off BET and going on New York radio hating on nikkaz.

wrong. the way y'all nikkas talk, you was obviously hating from day one.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Biggie is not the goat.
So, why are you asking.
Are you believing marketing made by a toy,...puff erroneously started that big bullshyt.
It is a toy's emotional response to pac'a adulation.
When, Pac was not the goat either.
Krs is the goat, period.

Art Barr
Just playing devil's advocate.

Rakim brought a lot to the table to be labeled the way he is. all of it is a package. u cant knock points off cause of it. the nikka changed the way people approached rhymes n all that. was lyrically a beast. and had the music to back his shyt up. don't try to minimize him based off one of the things that made him so dope in the first place. don't turn a pro into a handicap.
I'm not trying to knock points off of him you misunderstood my point. I stand by may statement.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
It's pretty simple why NY rappers get catapulted, it's cause NY is GOAT nikka. It's cause Hip Hop stared here, it ends here. It's cause there have been more platinum albums to come out of NY than almost every state combined.

We the big leagues, we Hollywood of this rap shyt.

that hard truth other coasts hate to hear :banderas:

Daps
that hard truth other coasts hate to hear :banderas:

I'm starting to notice the agenda on this site, if you from the south and rap about basically nothing you good, while NY rappers with actual classics get shytted on, how is a thread like this even serious.

While I don't like someone like 50s music much nowadays, he honestly deserves a lot of props for birthing this mixtape era. Without him paving the way on the underground mixtape circuit, then transitioning into a major star, nikkas like Lil Wayne, future, Drake, Cole etc ain't where they at now.

NY rappers get toooo much hate, yall envy us tho.

You could put together a top 10 greatest of all time list, and all those artist could legitimately be NY artist. We just GOAT nikka.