New York Rappers Get Catapulted Into Greatness With The Smallest Sample Size

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You're not making sense. I thought you agreed to discuss actual work then you went back to discussing fantasy shyt. My point is line up 3000's "Sorry" verse against the next man's verse and decide who's is better.

We're judging their rapping, no? And like I said, it's easier doing solo joints because you have full control over the project. Group albums take coordination and teamwork. Group albums are much harder so Andre should get more credit than these solo slackers.
Son have u ever done any of these things cause u sound crazy tryna say it's harder to be in a group. nikka in a group u literally only have to drop a verse per song. U both come up with the theme together. And both come up with the hook. Or maybe u come up with the hook for this song. And he come up with the hook for the other. nikka dropping a solo project takes ALOT more concentration. There's literally no contest. I've been in a group and I've been solo. Having the freedom to drop what u want is better. Not "easier".

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
This doesn't work on people from DC or Philly...who successfully repelled NY and Jamaican invasions with bullets...
Now y'all wear nike boots and have big beards...and say jawn...and wear bright colors.
Like people from PHILLY OR DC.
Bren I seen a nikka in Baltimore wearing all white nike boots :russ: I remember when they used to try and say shyt about our Nike boots and thick socks. Oh yeah don't forget about the New Balances

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
Son have u ever done any of these things cause u sound crazy tryna say it's harder to be in a group. nikka in a group u literally only have to drop a verse per song. U both come up with the theme together. And both come up with the hook. Or maybe u come up with the hook for this song. And he come up with the hook for the other. nikka dropping a solo project takes ALOT more concentration. There's literally no contest. I've been in a group and I've been solo. Having the freedom to drop what u want is better. Not "easier".
Who you arguing with on your solo joints about beats and direction of the project?

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cmon son you know thats a lie.

Matta fact one of the reasons why Wayne got so big was cause NY loved him, embraced him and propelled him beyond the southern market.

Lil Wayne really wanted to be from Harlem at one point. Sayin "B" in every interview back then. So funny how quick people forget. Got Down South nikkas who hate on East Coast even throwin up Dipset thinking its some Young Money shyt lol.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
tumblr_mpxo5uowxM1rwu9euo1_400.gif

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Why you lying? Treach always got respect from NY he JUST came up to Power 105.1 a month ago
Anybody can go do an interview there, that's not what I mean. Do you know that Treach was riding with the West Coast instead of the East back in the day because they got more love out there?

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
You're not making sense. I thought you agreed to discuss actual work then you went back to discussing fantasy shyt. My point is line up 3000's "Sorry" verse against the next man's verse and decide who's is better.

We're judging their rapping, no? And like I said, it's easier doing solo joints because you have full control over the project. Group albums take coordination and teamwork. Group albums are much harder so Andre should get more credit than these solo slackers.
I AM discussing actual work. 3000's verse of The Art of Storytelling is one of the best ever, but Stan is a bigger accomplishment because its so much tougher to craft 4 verses of great storytelling vs a single verse. And that argument goes for nearly any 3000 verse. He hasn't done that heavy lifting his entire career.

Why do we have to line up verse by verse? Because it suits Andre 3000 better to do it that way? Why can't I weigh full Biggie songs vs. Andre's verses?

And I doubt many people, especially rappers, if any, would agree that it's easier to do solo albums.

Who you arguing with on your solo joints about beats and direction of the project?
That's an argument over creative freedom, not the difficulty of writing full songs vs single verses. 3 or 4 verses over the same beat with the same topic is harder than a single verse, where you can pack all your great lines in it instead of having to spread it around.

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
Notorious B.I.G.- 2 classic albums. The greatest argument for a small body of work elite emcee (top 10 is fair). But you can't be the greatest EVER if you haven't succeeded through multiple eras...

serious question tho, BIGs music is timeless and his joints been rockin parties since he came out. does that not count?

i hear BIG at every wedding i go to, no matter if its a black family, white family, indian family, and it always turns the dancefloor out :jbhmm:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It don't matter. That's all minuscule. I was in a group and had to limit myself and my content and creativity cause the other artist wasn't on the same level. That means I didn't even have to push myself when it came to my group shyt. and I'm a person who thrives in a solo setting. There's some people who literally only feel comfortable doing group shyt. Cause it's less thinking involved. Either way. Even tho I thrived during a solo setting. It STILL was harder. Cause u literally gotta hold everything down for dolo. And it requires literally 3 times the verses. And 10 times the creativity and brainstorming. It's not easy to put together a classic solo album. U got cats like Kiss who thrive in a group setting but can't hold an album down by themselves. If he never dropped no solo projects. People wouldn't even know how limited he was. And they wouldn't know how much better of a solo artist Styles P is. If neither of them released any solo work. Solo work literally exposes ur potential as an artist. U complaining over some ego and creative differences shyt in a group don't make the actual work U have to do harder.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Cause holding down an album is completely different than dropping verses. So no. Andre 3K doesn't belong as a solo artist. Outkast as a group does.

I agree to certain extent. But I personally consider The Love Below a solo album. No big Boi features, he had a concept and held it down on its own and it's on its disc. The only difference is that it was packaged with Big Boi disc but they were two separate projects

Biggie is a special case, but there is no way I put Big Pun, Big L or even Jadakiss ahead of Andre