New York Rappers Get Catapulted Into Greatness With The Smallest Sample Size

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I agree to certain extent. But I personally consider The Love Below a solo album. No big Boi features, he had a concept and held it down on its own and it's on its disc. The only difference is that it was packaged with Big Boi disc but they were two separate projects

Biggie is a special case, but there is no way I put Big Pun, Big L or even Jadakiss ahead of Andre
I meant solo hip hop album...he don't even got solo hip hop songs.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
It doesn't take away from Andre's verses. He has some of the greatest verses of all time. But "spitting" is different when its one verse on a song as opposed to multiple verses. It's easier.

Writing 1 verse to a song with a concept is different from fleshing out the concept over 3 or 4 verses. It's a lot easier to write that 1 verse and kill it than to build a song. Jadakiss and Bun B built the same sort of rep 1 verse at a time. Now take that same idea and make it 16 solo songs with multiple verses instead of 16 songs with 1 or 1/2 verses, like Andre 3000.

It's A LOT tougher to write multiple verses on a song as opposed to just one. Imagine if Jay Z and Biggie were in a duo and could consolidate all their crazy bars from songs into single verses. They'd have the same crazy average of hot verses as Andre. Biggie has done the single verse thing on songs and killed it plenty of times.(Notorious Thugs, Mo Money Mo Problems, etc)

But Andre hasn't had to face the heat of creating an entire rap album by himself, without the crutch of having a great rap partner to carry half of the workload.

It just comes down to Andre being untested in ways that other great rappers have been. He gets the benefit of being as great as solo artists while having done half as much.

And I know this is hair splitting, but that's what you do when you're talking top 10.

I can rock with this :ehh: something like that keeps him out of my top 5 but he still top 10 to me

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
This doesn't work on people from DC or Philly...who successfully repelled NY and Jamaican invasions with bullets...
Now y'all wear nike boots and have big beards...and say jawn...and wear bright colors.
Like people from PHILLY OR DC.
nikkas don't wear nike boots. And we definitely don't say Jawn. Get out of here with that shyt.

I'm a Harlem nikka. We been wearing bright cloths since the beginning of time:heh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
im usually neutral on this topic, but after reading @gator_king's OP, it comes off as more of a new york envy thread.

when dealing with topics like this, you have to think critically and not just look at things in an A & B manner. theres different levels of legends, and theres also different types of fans holding them in high-regard. some of the names listed arent considered legends because of their new york fanbase, and have more of a base outside of NY.

and no, new jersey is not the same as new york breh. east coast cities outside of new york have to fight an uphill battle.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The fukk??

tumblr_ngefmhHObx1tt6jwmo1_250_zpsgx0buw9q.gif

Deutsche Bank

Some Of My Partners Dope Fiends Ha
Daps
Reppin
Hookers & Blow
New York dudes can be some of the corniest nikkas on Earth. All that goddamn "Ay son, shyt was craaazy, son. You buggin, son, you wildin out right now. shyt is crazy out here, kid." Man, come the fukk on with all that. That being said...

New York got the greatest one hitter quitter rappers ever. Fools be light years ahead of these yahoos' grandsons' manuscript. Dudes from outside NY be really trying to post up struggle rappers' lil fukk ass discographies like shyt is on any type of goddamn level. And ATL is really getting out of hand with their bullshyt.

It's one thing to get trippy and dance with a chick to some shyt, it's a whole other thing to be switching price tags on dudes' merits like they dropping some "dead in the middle of little Italy" shyt. You wankster ass nikkas know these turn up nikkas ain't got no bars, stop forming fan clubs around these dudes like fukkin hoes.
giphy.gif

y que

Banned
Daps
stupid ass criteria by OP

there are things outside of just albums that make an emcee top 5

when i look for best emcees i take albums, skill, and overall relevance into consideration

dudes don't know how to think critically

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
New York dudes can be some of the corniest nikkas on Earth. All that goddamn "Ay son, shyt was craaazy, son. You buggin, son, you wildin out right now. shyt is crazy out here, kid." Man, come the fukk on with all that. That being said...

New York got the greatest one hitter quitter rappers ever. Fools be light years ahead of these yahoos' grandsons' manuscript. Dudes from outside NY be really trying to post up struggle rappers' lil fukk ass discographies like shyt is on any type of goddamn level. And ATL is really getting out of hand with their bullshyt.

It's one thing to get trippy and dance with a chick to some shyt, it's a whole other thing to be switching price tags on dudes' merits like they dropping some "dead in the middle of little Italy" shyt. You wankster ass nikkas know these turn up nikkas ain't got no bars, stop forming fan clubs around these dudes like fukkin hoes.
giphy.gif

Prolific posting!!!

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
nikkas don't wear nike boots. And we definitely don't say Jawn. Get out of here with that shyt.

I'm a Harlem nikka. We been wearing bright cloths since the beginning of time:heh:

You were offended by the manner the insults were said in but real talk.

Amafia does say he will stomp you out in his acg's.
To, kinda refute the whole Harlem does not wear nike boot thing.

Amafia maybe one of my favorite rappers.
so I hope y'all wear nike boots,.....

Art Barr