New York Rappers Get Catapulted Into Greatness With The Smallest Sample Size

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
You were offended by the manner the insults were said in but real talk.

Amafia does say he will stomp you out in his acg's.
To, kinda refute the whole Harlem does not wear nike boot thing.

Amafia maybe one of my favorite rappers.
so I hope y'all wear nike boots,.....

Art Barr
Yeah ok:heh:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Maybe y'all not feeling them now, but everybody fukked with acg's, breh.
The blues that look like a pair of dunks, nikkaz fukked with them.
You trying to tell me nikkaz not rocking the acg's with the bubble and all UV dat.

Like for real,...
I feel you on being insulted and not going but keep it real, tho.

I kept it real this thread is Mecca envy wack status in beginning concept and y'all should have ignored that shyt.

Art Barr

Y'all ack'n like y'all never seen a megatron questions the east style thread, before.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
It's like the people that rate them have no respect for longevity and body of work.. I've seen ONE good project place rappers into the conversation of all time greats...

Now I'm aware that things like untimely death o prison can make you try to forecast what they COULD have been and give them honorable mentions.. But this sh1t has gone too far imo..

Big L-No classic albums, 1 good album and a handful of punch line heavy features..

Big Pun-1 Classic album and 1 weed plate. That's it. And dudes have the nerve to say he would be the GOAT if he wasn't Latino.

Slick Rick-1 Classic album. 4 total retail releases in almost 30 years.

Jadakiss-Zero classics. Bad hairline.

Notorious B.I.G.- 2 classic albums. The greatest argument for a small body of work elite emcee (top 10 is fair). But you can't be the greatest EVER if you haven't succeeded through multiple eras...

Lauryn Hill- From Jersey but same sh1t. 1 Classic group album and 1 Classic Soul album where she only raps on 50% of the songs. Hasn't done sh1t for almost 20 years.

Mos Def- 1 regional classic and an overrated group album. Moved to Africa to duck child support. No grind.

GZA- Classic Swords and a handful of great Wu Tang verses.

Big Daddy Kane- Reign on the top was shorter than leps. Debut classic, really good follow up. Hasn't charted in 20 years.

Might need to recount that...

counting-money-gif.gif

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
eded through multiple eras? Jay Z, Nas, Eminem, and Kanye? There aren't many.

LL didn't really succeed, as much as he just hung around and dropped music in different eras. Same goes for the other legends.

this is ludicrous.

LL's longevity trumps the rappers you listed by far. LL survived and maintained a level of champion or contender thru 3 of the best eras ever, and he did it at a time when it was virtually impossible, because 3 different eras were the equivalent of 3 different worlds back then. the days when longevity truly meant something, as opposed to now where its all about paperwork.

even the later longevity of LL(which is what youre probably referring to), where he survived off of being a hitmaker was a bigger feat than modern longevity.

jay is def up there tho, for his run from '96-04.
lol @ kanye & eminem.

This doesn't work on people from DC or Philly...who successfully repelled NY and Jamaican invasions with bullets...
Now y'all wear nike boots and have big beards...and say jawn...and wear bright colors.
Like people from PHILLY OR DC.

new york been bitin' philly since forever.

and claiming chit as their own.

Why? NY don't even give a fukk about NJ. Treach is legit a top spitta but you never hear his name mentioned by the biased NY media/industry.

yep.

i remember naughty saying that when they 1st performed in new york when they were starting out, the crowd was rockin with them until they said they were from jersey. then the crowd started booing.

Why you lying? Treach always got respect from NY he JUST came up to Power 105.1 a month ago

everybody goes up to power 105.

dog, naughty by nature was the biggest group in hip-hop for a couple years during golden times. if they were from new york, their legacy would be shoved down our throats.

theyre basically treated like that 2nd or 3rd cousin that people love but only pops up every few years. youre not truly in the clique.

the only region gives goat recognition for shyt that was done 20 years ago, no matter how mediocre you're current output is. doesn't happen anywhere else. do that shyt on the west and you're snoop, do that shyt on the east and you're top 5.

nope.

name a top 5 candidate that has a similar discography to snoopy.

I agree to certain extent. But I personally consider The Love Below a solo album. No big Boi features, he had a concept and held it down on its own and it's on its disc. The only difference is that it was packaged with Big Boi disc but they were two separate projects

Biggie is a special case, but there is no way I put Big Pun, Big L or even Jadakiss ahead of Andre

pun, big l & jada are all superior to andre.

i understand his appeal to the crowd on here, but good grief.

You were offended by the manner the insults were said in but real talk.

Amafia does say he will stomp you out in his acg's.
To, kinda refute the whole Harlem does not wear nike boot thing.

Amafia maybe one of my favorite rappers.
so I hope y'all wear nike boots,.....

Art Barr

aww man.

you got me bumpin this right now.

OWW.

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
It's like the people that rate them have no respect for longevity and body of work.. I've seen ONE good project place rappers into the conversation of all time greats...

Now I'm aware that things like untimely death o prison can make you try to forecast what they COULD have been and give them honorable mentions.. But this sh1t has gone too far imo..

Big L-No classic albums, 1 good album and a handful of punch line heavy features..

Big Pun-1 Classic album and 1 weed plate. That's it. And dudes have the nerve to say he would be the GOAT if he wasn't Latino.

Slick Rick-1 Classic album. 4 total retail releases in almost 30 years.

Jadakiss-Zero classics. Bad hairline.

Notorious B.I.G.- 2 classic albums. The greatest argument for a small body of work elite emcee (top 10 is fair). But you can't be the greatest EVER if you haven't succeeded through multiple eras...

Lauryn Hill- From Jersey but same sh1t. 1 Classic group album and 1 Classic Soul album where she only raps on 50% of the songs. Hasn't done sh1t for almost 20 years.

Mos Def- 1 regional classic and an overrated group album. Moved to Africa to duck child support. No grind.

GZA- Classic Swords and a handful of great Wu Tang verses.

Big Daddy Kane- Reign on the top was shorter than leps. Debut classic, really good follow up. Hasn't charted in 20 years.
I'm from NY, rep Hip Hop from the 80s to now and pretty much 100% agree with all this.

I also believe that, like inactivity or a lack of volume over time, weak music from great rappers isn't factored in as much as it should be when talking lists.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just came to say Big L first album was a classic.

That other shyt I just chalk it up as some usual a NY nikka came to my town and ran a train on my sister and aunt. Continue big homie.

:laff::laff::laff:
L's first album is not a classic. It's unfortunate that he had to die but cmon...

Biggie #1 MC, DOA

:laff::laff::laff::laff: I think you spelt Tupac wrong.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im usually neutral on this topic, but after reading @gator_king's OP, it comes off as more of a new york envy thread.

when dealing with topics like this, you have to think critically and not just look at things in an A & B manner. theres different levels of legends, and theres also different types of fans holding them in high-regard. some of the names listed arent considered legends because of their new york fanbase, and have more of a base outside of NY.

and no, new jersey is not the same as new york breh. east coast cities outside of new york have to fight an uphill battle.

Do I need to remind you that you put Juelz Santanna over E-40 on that list:scust:...I still aint forgave you for that homie,belive I'm waiting in the wings to up that thread when the time is right playboy:salute:

I will say your a brave man to say this:mjcry:,to see Jadakiss,a man who was not only murdered by Beans,but has a far worse catalogue than Beans be propped up in top 5 discussions while Beans aint,hurts me as a Sigel fan....If I was from Philly.

NY/east coast controlled hiphop media for a long time,and probably rightfully so as they had the greatest hiphop scene,had the magazines,the radio stations,diehard fans etc...They got to write the narrative unless you was reading Murder Dog too:banderas:

But that's over now,if you allowed yourself to be brainwashed you have every opportunity to reject old false claims,and false gawds now:sas1:....Many of you have been so brainwashed and made to feel like a outcast or not a "real hiphop head" by disagreeing you too shook to disagree....Its like black people being scared to say they not sure if God/Jesus really exist.

Even worst a lot of you actually will admit to being atheist online at least,but still scared to say Big L was overated as shyt,wont even fix your lips to say Mr Cheeks stinks.:mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Do I need to remind you that you put Juelz Santanna over E-40 on that list...I still aint forgave you for that homie,belive I'm waiting in the wings to up that thread when the time is right playboy

I will say your a brave man to say this,to see Jadakiss,a man who was not only murdered by Beans,but has a far worse catalogue than Beans be propped up in top 5 discussions while Beans aint,hurts me as a Sigel fan....If I was from Philly.

NY/east coast controlled hiphop media for a long time,and probably rightfully so as they had the greatest hiphop scene,had the magazines,the radio stations,diehard fans etc...They got to write the narrative unless you was reading Murder Dog too

But that's over now,if you allowed yourself to be brainwashed you have every opportunity to reject old false claims,and false gawds now....Many of you have been so brainwashed and made to feel like a outcast or not a "real hiphop head" by disagreeing you too shook to disagree....Its like black people being scared to say they not sure if God/Jesus really exist.

Even worst a lot of you actually will admit to being atheist online at least,but still scared to say Big L was overated as shyt,wont even fix your lips to say Mr Cheeks stinks.

youre using the wrong examples here breh.

juelz santana & jadakiss arent the type of rappers that get propped up by magazines & media. theyre more street-based. they never hyped jada like that, and dipset never got good reviews.

i liked e-40 in his prime and a lil afterwards, but hes one of those local heroes that dude was referring to earlier in the thread. the type of rapper that fans of his market try to propel to goat status just because.:laugh: lucky for him, hes not the poster-boy of this for the bay anymore cuz the mac dre stuff is just flat-out ridiculous.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
youre using the wrong examples here breh.

juelz santana & jadakiss arent the type of rappers that get propped up by magazines & media. theyre more street-based. they never hyped jada like that, and dipset never got good reviews.

i liked e-40 in his prime and a lil afterwards, but hes one of those local heroes that dude was referring to earlier in the thread. the type of rapper that fans of his market try to propel to goat status just because.:laugh: lucky for him, hes not the poster-boy of this for the bay anymore. the mac dre stuff is was more ridiculous.

Street based coming out under Puffy:dahell:?Street based being on the same label as the biggest rapper on the planet(RR) and going at Puff Daddy:comeon:? Juelz street based being on Rocafella records? I get your overall point but RR and Rocafella were labels that thrived on the streets...and far as the Puffy connection,lets not pretend them nikkas exactly got it out the mud:mjlol:

And I hate to start this argument again but your kindve proving OP's point right now,E-40 has as many platinum plaques as both these nikkas,not even sure if Juelz even has one....I believe he has more gold albums than Jada over a longer period,and more hits...Still has bigger hits today,you remember Function and Choices:sas1:?

Yet you have the audacity to call 40 a local star and Jada and Juelz aint:laff:? Did I mention he's street based?And no I dont wanna hear how he went plat in the bay alone as that's ridiculous and proven false.

I dont have numbers to back up what I'm sayin on Dre,but he's a cultural icon and well,Juelz and Jada just aint:manny:

I plan on you and many others narrow viewpoints to change one day,props to threadstarter for taking a step:mjcry:.

Last edited: