Newly elected Baltimore Mayor vetoes 11-3 city council bill to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2022

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
what case?

Everyone who supports these radical MW hikes never has worked in administration responsible for paying people OR doesn't know what effect that has on people who actually make MW.

Why not $100 minimum? We know why you won't support that.

How does that make sense? If I say let's increase taxes by 1% your response is going to be why not 100%? Your adoption of such ludicrous opinions when discussing minimum wage is the reason why everyone calls you a neo-con republican.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
How does that make sense? If I say let's increase taxes by 1% your response is going to be why not 100%? Your adoption of such ludicrous opinions when discussing minimum wage is the reason why everyone calls you a neo-con republican.
well clearly moderation is key here. Thats the point.

$15 is a lot of money for a place which has struggled over the last 20-30 years.

This isn't San Francisco, LA, Chicago, NYC that we're talking about.

This is fukking Baltimore.

I don't get why I have to my principles questions for NOT adopting policies that would fukk over even more poor people.

The MW is the floor. Remember that. That qualifies for ALL legal work. Thats simply too high for an area that can't sustain it.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
People have to become entropeoures plain and simple. The fight for 15 may as well be dead. The future is diy. If you don't get out there make something, invest or start a business you will starve.

I'm not going to be working my 9-5 for too much longer. Leaning to craft items to sell to start my business. Can't depend on government or your employer. Must bet on yourself. Problem is so many people are fu ked up beyond repair and may never get it together.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why dont these people just do it in smaller steps?

every time these are proposed, its gradual. so why not just do it in smaller increments if you want these measures to succeed?

people think 'oh its gonna be 15 next week'. well why not just propose your two year goal, instead of 5, and see how that goes?

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
well clearly moderation is key here. Thats the point.

$15 is a lot of money for a place which has struggled over the last 20-30 years.

This isn't San Francisco, LA, Chicago, NYC that we're talking about.

This is fukking Baltimore.

I don't get why I have to my principles questions for NOT adopting policies that would fukk over even more poor people.

The MW is the floor. Remember that. That qualifies for ALL legal work. Thats simply too high for an area that can't sustain it.
Do you understand what inflation is? What is your basis for arguing that 15$ is too costly for work done in 2022?

Every minimum wage thread you spout that "moderation is key" bullshyt, and you can never justify what an adequate amount is. Without googling you have no idea what the current minimum wage is. Before this story you had no idea that the state had approved of a minimum wage increase next year. You literally have no idea what you are talking about and have no economic scale to verify your claims.

Just sit over there and argue about how terrible immigration is for black workers while arguing against wage increases for black workers.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
why dont these people just do it in smaller steps?

every time these are proposed, its gradual. so why not just do it in smaller increments if you want these measures to succeed?

people think 'oh its gonna be 15 next week'. well why not just propose your two year goal, instead of 5, and see how that goes?

THE BILL SAYS $15 IN 2022. NO THE fukk BODY THINKS THIS.

:hhh: disgusting.

We're talking about a dollar raise per year and you bishes are scrambling for excuses.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
With friends like these Democrats, who needs Republicans? :mjgrin:
I'm saying! I may have to abandon the theatrics involving the Trump Administration now that the health bill has died to focus on the political disappointments of the democratic party at the state and local levels.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THE BILL SAYS $15 IN 2022. NO THE fukk BODY THINKS THIS.

:hhh: disgusting.

We're talking about a dollar raise per year and you bishes are scrambling for excuses.
breh :dead: nobody SHOULD think this. what they DO think is entirely different

you're gonna sit there with a straight face after this election and make that post to me?