Newly elected Baltimore Mayor vetoes 11-3 city council bill to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2022

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
breh :dead: nobody SHOULD think this. what they DO think is entirely different

you're gonna sit there with a straight face after this election and make that post to me?

The bill. is. $15 by 2022.

Every discussion involving the minimum wage includes the "by year" tagline. :gucci: what is this?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I'm saying! I may have to abandon the theatrics involving the Trump Administration now that the health bill has died to focus on the political disappointments of the democratic party at the state and local levels.

They better show me something this year or I'm not showing up. I hope no other Democrat does either.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Do you understand what inflation is? What is your basis for arguing that 15$ is too costly for work done in 2022?

Every minimum wage thread you spout that "moderation is key" bullshyt, and you can never justify what an adequate amount is. Without googling you have no idea what the current minimum wage is. Before this story you had no idea that the state had approved of a minimum wage increase next year. You literally have no idea what you are talking about and have no economic scale to verify your claims.

Just sit over there and argue about how terrible immigration is for black workers while arguing against wage increases for black workers.
I've always supported the $10 MW.

But the notion that inflation has to peg future MW is flawed to me.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
City is still too black for that. Giving a bunch of black young people and poor people 15 an hour?? That might actually be...helpful. Can't let that happen.

Chamber of Commerce probably threatened their lives
Theres not enough jobs in Baltimore that would sustain such a rate hike...especially for those who live and die by minimum wage.

Ya'll gotta stop acting like this is going to be the one trick that fixes everything.

Theres a reason its always the first and most popular idea. Its because it appeals to idiots.

Lets be completely clear and honest here.

You all want to raise the MW because actually getting people into high wage work and fixing their skillsets is WAY too difficult.

So you want to use band-aid half-way measures to raise the MW as a way of pretending to care about the poor.

Who gets fired first?

We do.

Who gets hired last?

We do.

You want to save black jobs in Baltimore?

Stop enforcing measures that promotes employers to remove the economic incentive to hire and employ black workers.

and stop using this word "poverty"...its disingenuous. You're still poor at minimum wage. You're supposed to be. Thats because its the absolute bottom.

Stop putting lipstick on this political pig.

A rise in minimum wage is a football for people to PRETEND to care about fixing economic outcomes of those who are already behind.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That doesn't make sense.
the last rise in MW was I believe in the 90s? or early 2000s? I forget because I know it has been changed locally.

I supported the rise to 10.10 MW nationally. If cities want to stack on top of that, cool...but some cities are drawn to these low-brow ideas because they don't truly understand it won't benefit them.

BALTIMORE CAN NOT SUSTAIN THE SAME MW AS San Francisco.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

A lot of people in government want to feel like they're DOING something, but what they're doing is fukking over people who are already struggling to be employed in the first place.

Again, only 2% of all workers actually make MW.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bill. is. $15 by 2022.

Every discussion involving the minimum wage includes the "by year" tagline. :gucci: what is this?
but people dont hear that breh :dead:

we're talking about the american populace here. what you're saying IS RIGHT, im just saying i think people get wrongly informed on this shyt

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
but people dont hear that breh :dead:

we're talking about the american populace here. what you're saying IS RIGHT, im just saying i think people get wrongly informed on this shyt
2022 is, as this point (months into 2018), 3 years away. You make it sound like its so much far and away in the future.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
THE BILL SAYS $15 IN 2022. NO THE fukk BODY THINKS THIS.

:hhh: disgusting.

We're talking about a dollar raise per year and you bishes are scrambling for excuses.
One dollar per year is nothing when you're not the one who has ever paid anyone, isn't it?

Read the article:

Even with the veto, Baltimore's minimum wage is increasing along with the rate statewide under legislation Pugh supported while in the State senate. The rate in Maryland will rise to $9.25 on July 1 and $10.10 a year later.

From 2017, you're proposing a 62% INCREASE in the next 4 years if the $15 increase is adopted.

Bruh.

Do you not see how thats a problem in a city with no economic outlook like MFing Baltimore??? :mindblown:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the last rise in MW was I believe in the 90s? or early 2000s? I forget because I know it has been changed locally.

I supported the rise to 10.10 MW nationally. If cities want to stack on top of that, cool...but some cities are drawn to these low-brow ideas because they don't truly understand it won't benefit them.

BALTIMORE CAN NOT SUSTAIN THE SAME MW AS San Francisco.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

A lot of people in government want to feel like they're DOING something, but what they're doing is fukking over people who are already struggling to be employed in the first place.

Again, only 2% of all workers actually make MW.

Wages haven't kept up with the cost of living and inflation

NO ONE IS SAYING BALTIMORE CAN SUSTAIN THE SAME MW AS SAN FRANCISCO

I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND

irrelevant when it could be a nickel more