NFL owners approve new CBA, 17 games. Pushing for Players Union to sign

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
This notin that because a subset of players cant afford to lose a year of pay without being in financial ruin so the rest of NFL players should accept a terrible labor deal might be some of the most headscratching gibberish I seen on this board

So when they are out of the league then what?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This notin that because a subset of players cant afford to lose a year of pay without being in financial ruin so the rest of NFL players should accept a terrible labor deal might be some of the most headscratching gibberish I seen on this board

So when they are out of the league then what?

Sixty-five percent of NFL players last year made minimum wage. You gotta do and look out for what’s best for you NFL fukk everybody else. Especially when the average career is only 2-3 years. Get your money while you can.

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Sixty-five percent of NFL players last year made minimum wage. You gotta do and look out for what’s best for you NFL fukk everybody else. Especially when the average career is only 2-3 years. Get your money while you can.
This is a horrible take, and if you had a union job I'm 100 percent sure your ass would be a scab as soon as we went on strike :mjlol::camby:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This is a horrible take, and if you had a union job I'm 100 percent sure your ass would be a scab as soon as we went on strike :mjlol::camby:

It’s not a horrible take. Players in the NFL are/should be worried about their own best interest. The deal is only bad depending on who you talk to. I don’t get why people haven’t realized that.

Even the union rep for the Falcons admitted it’s not a bad deal for core players which make up the majority of the NFL.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

The NFL players have never had solidarity. There were immediately players who crossed the picket lines the last time the players struck in 1987

Scab Story: The 1987 NFL Strike

You're just looking at things the wrong way. The new CBA benefits most players(probably around 100-150 players really get screwed) and the rank-and-file players benefit WAY more.

What's going to happen is if the elite players are successful killing this deal, the owners will lock the players out in 2021, the players will fold like they always do and they'll agree to AT BEST the same deal or much likely, a worse deal.

Why go through the charade?

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
The NFL players have never had solidarity. There were immediately players who crossed the picket lines the last time the players struck in 1987

Scab Story: The 1987 NFL Strike

You're just looking at things the wrong way. The new CBA benefits most players(probably around 100-150 players really get screwed) and the rank-and-file players benefit WAY more.

What's going to happen is if the elite players are successful killing this deal, the owners will lock the players out in 2021, the players will fold like they always do and they'll agree to AT BEST the same deal or much likely, a worse deal.

Why go through the charade?
I'm in a union, have been through multiple strikes against one of the largest companies in America, I know exactly how to look at it.. If everyone had a best for me attitude, many of the labor rights we all have wouldn't exist :ufdup:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm in a union, have been through multiple strikes against one of the largest companies in America, I know exactly how to look at it.. If everyone had a best for me attitude, many of the labor rights we all have wouldn't exist :ufdup:

I get your point, but sports league are a whole different ball game. There’s hardly any solidarity compared to other industries as you have the haves/have nots and an entirely different level of income and outside expectations and obligations that come along with it.

Make your money while you can and get out of there before the CTE and injuries pile up. I can’t fault players for voting that way especially with how brutal football is.

Last edited:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps

Lol spot on

The point of a union is to move as a unit to make thinga better for the body...in fact unions fight for rights that people that come after them get to reap the majority of the benefits because they arent short sighted and weak

There are four american spoets leagues and the one that makea the most money has the weakest labor force

Its way harder to make an nba roster and the players would burn a similar deal on sight if they tried that nonsense

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
The disparity in pay in the NFL is just too large for there to be any solidarity when it comes to these negotiations....and the owners know this. Its gonna be lockout or the minimum wage players are gonna out vote the superstars sitting on 100 million dollar contracts.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Lol spot on

The point of a union is to move as a unit to make thinga better for the body...in fact unions fight for rights that people that come after them get to reap the majority of the benefits because they arent short sighted and weak

There are four american spoets leagues and the one that makea the most money has the weakest labor force

Its way harder to make an nba roster and the players would burn a similar deal on sight if they tried that nonsense

It’s a difference between the NBA and NFL. You’re talking about splitting money 15 ways (NBA) compared to the NFL (53 man roster plus practice squad). On top of the fact that the NFL had a salary cap you can’t go over, the player’s don't have the luxury of playing overseas as an option compared to other leagues.

Even the NBA players showed in the last CBA that they didn’t care about the people who came after them when they agree with the cap smooth.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why not just limit ALL CONTRACTS to 1 year deals (you can franchise a guy up to 2 times) and make all contracts guaranteed for that year. Raise the cap to 400 million and designate one player salary to not count against the cap. For example if the chiefs give mahomes 70 million a year his number does not count against the cap. This means everyone can eat

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

Are you really comparing your union job to what's taking place with NFLPA?:mjlol: