Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
some nfl owners want a 18 game season :heh:

That's the end goal I'm sure

That’s always been the end goal. It’s just a matter of when and how they get there.

It’s a scare tactic to get players into agreeing to the deal offered, but I also totally believe that it’s true that they want 18 games if they could put it in this CBA. The players can say they won’t do it, but if the money is good they will.

Last edited:

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Espn sharing the latest scare tactic, some owners saying they giving up too much now? Lol, hilarious

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
I read the owners want this CBA to fail so they can lock the players out next year and push through an 18 game season
That's what they want you and the players to read.. The classic scare them into this deal because the next one will be worse.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That's what they want you and the players to read.. The classic scare them into this deal because the next one will be worse.

The deal actually isn’t that bad depending on who you talk to. That’s why I wish more players were open about it rather than the stars whose voices are the loudest.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I thought they were going to wait on the next CBA to do 18 games rather than trying to force the issue now if the players say no.

Source: Some owners want 'no' vote, 18 games

Everyone knows the NFL is going to 18 games. The owners know it, the players know it, the TV networks know it. It might not be this CBA but it's going to be done in the next one if not. I guess some of them feel, hey, why do a half-measure and go to 17. Lock the players out, break them, get your 18 game season :yeshrug:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Source: Some owners want 'no' vote, 18 games

Everyone knows the NFL is going to 18 games. The owners know it, the players know it, the TV networks know it. It might not be this CBA but it's going to be done in the next one if not. I guess some of them feel, hey, why do a half-measure and go to 17. Lock the players out, break them, get your 18 game season :yeshrug:

They should go ahead and offer the players enough to do 18 and get it over with. As long as the money is good and other concessions are made, the players will say yes and they know they will.

QB salaries keep going up while other positions stay relatively the same, players aren’t turning down that money if offered.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

The owners are very clever with the way the CBA has been constructed. 90% of the members in the NFLPA aren't going to care about the franchise tag stuff and things that will only ever apply to the elite FA/superstar level players. By giving the guys making minimum 20% raises and giving in on generally insignificant details like being able to smoke weed, they'll get this CBA passed because they know there are way more rank-and-file members of the NFLPA who stand to sit better with the proposed CBA than the superstars that will get burned.