NFL owners approve new CBA, 17 games. Pushing for Players Union to sign

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The owners are very clever with the way the CBA has been constructed. 90% of the members in the NFLPA aren't going to care about the franchise tag stuff and things that will only ever apply to the elite FA/superstar level players. By giving the guys making minimum 20% raises and giving in on generally insignificant details like being able to smoke weed, they'll get this CBA passed because they know there are way more rank-and-file members of the NFLPA who stand to sit better with the proposed CBA than the superstars that will get burned.

Which why you’re only hearing the superstar and high level player’s complaining about it as it barely benefits them. Nate Solder has been the only multiple contract player who has actually open about how the CBA benefits the average player.

It’s hard for other teammates and players to care about what Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are saying about the CBA when they are constantly on social media flashing their riches and QB salaries are steadily rising.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Which why you’re only hearing the superstar and high level player’s complaining about it as it barely benefits them. Nate Solder has been the only multiple contract player who has actually open about how the CBA benefits the average player.

It’s hard for other teammates and players to care about what Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are saying about the CBA when they are constantly on social media flashing their riches and QB salaries are steadily rising.
These two posts. If I was an average NFL guy, why would I give a shyt about how the wealthy motherfukkers pockets feel?

I'd probably shoot for a 50% raise tho...

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
These two posts. If I was an average NFL guy, why would I give a shyt about how the wealthy motherfukkers pockets feel?

That’s what they don’t understand. If they say no to this one their money will increase again. That’s what superstars should be trying to push to them

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

That’s what they don’t understand. If they say no to this one their money will increase again. That’s what superstars should be trying to push to them

The problem with that notion though is whatever influx of cash that comes into the league would mainly go to and benefit the superstar/high-level players while everyone else is fighting for scraps and getting replaced by rookies/undrafted players.

QB salaries are rising and they will get their bread at the expense of everyone else, so why would I care about whether they feel the extra money isn’t benefiting them enough?

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
My only problem with the this CBA is they have allowed them to add a game for essentially a 1% increase in revenue sharing I believe .The players are at 48 or 49% in this new CBA.They really couldn't get a 50 50 deal done.Will it take a 18 game season. :sadcam:

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
The problem with that notion though is whatever influx of cash that comes into the league would mainly go to and benefit the superstar/high-level players while everyone else is fighting for scraps and getting replaced by rookies/undrafted players.

QB salaries are rising and they will get their bread at the expense of everyone else, so why would I care about whether they feel the extra money isn’t benefiting them enough?
It's not about QBs. The owners know that the majority of the players are low level players. That should incentivize those guys to get as much as they can now. If they vote no on this the owners will have to up their pay again in order to receive the majority vote. Superstars will not get what they are asking for regardless.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's not about QBs. The owners know that the majority of the players are low level players. That should incentivize those guys to get as much as they can now. If they vote no on this the owners will have to up their pay again in order to receive the majority vote. Superstars will not get what they are asking for regardless.

When it comes to contract time, the major of superstars will get what they are asking for at the expense of everyone else. That’s why the majority of low level players are worried about themselves and could care less about what the superstars opinions are about the CBA.

Even if they vote no and get more money, that extra influx of cash is not going to be divided evenly and the low level player’s know that.

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
When it comes to contract time, the major of superstars will get what they are asking for at the expense of everyone else. That’s why the majority of low level players are worried about themselves and could care less about what the superstars opinions are about the CBA.

Even if they vote no and get more money, that extra influx of cash is not going to be divided evenly and the low level player’s know that.
They will benefit from lifelong healthcare and increased minimums, so why not drive up the asking price. It's bad practice in general to take the first offer.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They will benefit from lifelong healthcare and increased minimums, so why not drive up the asking price. It's bad practice in general to take the first offer.

Because the majority of NFL players are lower players that can easily be replaced with rookies/undrafted players. The average career is only 2-3 years, so they are just trying to earn as much money while they can before they end up out of the league.

I can’t fault players for taking that deal. Even Nate Solder and the rep for the Falcons said it’s a good deal with low level players and that’s why the owners were smart in how they constructed the deal. The deal is terrible for star level/higher tier players and that’s why they are the most open about it.

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
Because the majority of NFL players are lower players that can easily be replaced with rookies/undrafted players. The average career is only 2-3 years, so they are just trying to earn as much money while they can before they end up out of the league.

I can’t fault players for taking that deal. Even Nate Solder and the rep for the Falcons said it’s a good deal with low level players and that’s why the owners were smart in how they constructed the deal. The deal is terrible for star level/higher tier players and that’s why they are the most open about it.
Exactly why they should be fighting for free healthcare and a good pension after 3 years of service. Short term satisfaction not always where it’s at

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Exactly why they should be fighting for free healthcare and a good pension after 3 years of service. Short term satisfaction not always where it’s at

But again those players can’t afford to miss those 1-2 years of game checks to get those things. You’re literally talking about people missing out on their highest earning potential for something they likely wouldn’t be in the league long term to benefit from. They will more than likely never see or earn close to that level of money again.

The average person wouldn’t do it, so I don’t know why people expect NFL players and athletes to do the same.

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
But again those players can’t afford to miss those 1-2 years of game checks to get those things. You’re literally talking about people missing out on their highest earning potential for something they likely wouldn’t be in the league long term to benefit from. They will more than likely never see or earn close to that level of money again.

The average person wouldn’t do it, so I don’t know why people expect NFL players and athletes to do the same.
All it would take is one year. The gain would more than likely cover the missed salary for that year. Trust me I understand got a family member whose been bounced around, it's a tough choice, but one that I would make every time. Use this year to get some relevant training in a post-NFL career. These folks are debt free, see who really fukk with you when you out the league for a year that way when the money come you see who not to fukk with

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
All it would take is one year. The gain would more than likely cover the missed salary for that year. Trust me I understand got a family member whose been bounced around, it's a tough choice, but one that I would make every time. Use this year to get some relevant training in a post-NFL career. These folks are debt free, see who really fukk with you when you out the league for a year that way when the money come you see who not to fukk with

A lot of players can’t even afford to miss a year of game checks. AP for example. The last lockout had players taking out high-interest loans and that’s how people knew that Vince Young was broke. It will likely be the case as well if a lockout happened again.

You can tell people to save up money all they want, but a lot of people have multiple families depending on that NFL bread as bad as it is. I remember seeing Bart Scott say in the Broke 30 for 30 that he was taking of multiple families other than his own.

Them bills are still due even if the checks stop coming in and that’s another reason why the CBA will pass.