NFL owners approve new CBA, 17 games. Pushing for Players Union to sign

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
cool, so don't complain afterwards.

The loudest ones you hear complaining are the higher paid players who probably don’t even know what’s included in the CBA anyways.

Josina Anderson alluded to a prominent player asking her what was included in the CBA, so it’s obvious a lot of the players either don’t know or could care less to know what’s in the proposal.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The loudest ones you hear complaining are the higher paid players who probably don’t even know what’s included in the CBA anyways.

Josina Anderson alluded to a prominent player asking her what was included in the CBA, so it’s obvious a lot of the players either don’t know or could care less to know what’s in the proposal.

The NFL posted the full CBA, anyone can read it. If the players sign something that they either didn't read or didn't understand, that's on them.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/NFLPA/CBA2020/NFL-NFLPA_CBA_March_5_2020.pdf

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

like I said, that's cool. I understand that as well.

but for all of them, I don't want to hear shyt about it no mo. yall not united and will always get the sausage from the owners.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The NFL posted the full CBA, anyone can read it. If the players sign something that they either didn't read or didn't understand, that's on them.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/NFLPA/CBA2020/NFL-NFLPA_CBA_March_5_2020.pdf

I don’t even think Russell Wilson read it as the president specifically respinddd to him directly saying that he and other players could call in and ask questions at anytime.

They all seem to be reading the main points from posts on ESPN and social media rather than actually reading it for themselves.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
like I said, that's cool. I understand that as well.

but for all of them, I don't want to hear shyt about it no mo. yall not united and will always get the sausage from the owners.

This union is s joke because all of these things are to be discussed and prepared for...namely what is expected of all members to prepare for a CBA negotiation....with the intent to withdraw services if necessary...so this idea that guys who may only be in the league for less than 4 years should have such a disproportionate impact on player conditions and compensation

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
This union is s joke because all of these things are to be discussed and prepared for...namely what is expected of all members to prepare for a CBA negotiation....with the intent to withdraw services if necessary...so this idea that guys who may only be in the league for less than 4 years should have such a disproportionate impact on player conditions and compensation

Each team has a union rep who informs players on their team what's going on. I'm sure they get notices via email or some other form of communication from their team rep or from the Union itself. But it's like when HR emails employees notices in companies, only a small percentage ever reads those :yeshrug:. Or they get information from others who've filtered the information from their own biases.

I know someone who works for NFLPA. They have a lot of resources available for players. You can't force players to attend workshops that would be beneficial or make them read the fine details.

Also as I mentioned, you have a wide spectrum of union members from fringe players just hoping to get enough years to qualify for pension, to full time starters who get multiple contracts throughout their career.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
I don’t even think Russell Wilson read it as the president specifically respinddd to him directly saying that he and other players could call in and ask questions at anytime.

They all seem to be reading the main points from posts on ESPN and social media rather than actually reading it for themselves.

this is what Aaron Rodgers said. He said nobody on his team has even called him or replied back to ask questions about it... they deserve this shyt

NFL CBA: Aaron Rodgers says players lacking 'critical thinking'

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers on NFL players' response to CBA proposal: 'Not a lot of critical thinking going on'

Rodgers was in Indianapolis to participate in negotiations at the scouting combine last week, but suggested his involvement was superficial.

“My involvement was more under the show-pony guy,” Rodgers said. “Bring in the guy with a name who’s going to be in the room. I don’t think they realized maybe my ability to speak in those environments, and what I really was passionate about.”

Rodgers, calling the new CBA “a legacy deal,” said he’s passionate the players receive their proper value in the next agreement. He admitted frustration over the addition of a 17th regular-season game without what he believes is fair compensation, saying players are not receiving enough reward for putting their bodies at further risk. He also took to task players — including those in his locker room — whom he believes have not taken the time to fully understand the proposal they’re accepting.

The proposal stands a good chance of being ratified because it is attuned to a larger percentage of players, particularly in raising the league’s minimum wage. Rodgers believes the proposal, which does not include a 50-50 revenue split, focuses too much on lessening training camp practices and marijuana testing instead of more substantive concessions.

Rodgers was among 14 player representatives who voted to not allow the league’s proposal to be presented to the NFLPA’s full membership, a battle he lost.

“I think we should have stood firmer on revenue and player safety,” Rodgers said, “instead of trying to get some of these concessions.”

The inclusion of a 17th game was particularly mystifying, Rodgers said. When the NFLPA’s executive committee did its rounds with players during last season, Rodgers said, there was no reference to the 17th game. That part of the proposal wasn’t on the table until negotiations were well underway, he said.

By then, it was what Rodgers termed a “nonnegotiable.”

“Every meeting that was had before these negotiations really got amped up,” Rodgers said, “nobody wanted 17 games. So a lot of us are wondering how the hell that even got into the conversation. Because nobody wanted it.”

Rodgers suggested a fairer deal might be 16 regular-season games with an additional bye week, providing players more rest for their bodies during the season while stretching out the calendar.

If players ratify the 10-year proposal, the NFL will enter a new decade of peace with its players association. Rodgers, acknowledging this is the deal under which almost every NFL player will finish their careers, took issue with the length.

“I don’t understand 10 years,” Rodgers said. “… I think a 10-year deal, although it locks us in — the positive spin they’ve been saying is it locks us in for media contracts that are coming up to be renegotiated — but, again, I don’t feel like this is a negotiation that the players are going to look back at when I’m done playing, and go, ‘Man, I’m so glad that this is what we decided on.”

Rodgers said he doesn’t know how teammates inside the Packers locker room will vote. He attempted to address his concerns with fellow Packers players, sending them a 2,000-word email that outlined the issues, but said he did not get much response. He believes too many players are failing to take the time to fully understand what they’re getting.

“There’s not a lot of critical thinking going on,” Rodgers said. “There was a ton of information out there, I sent out a large email, and you email 73 guys, and how many responses you’re getting back on this 2,000-word email that goes out, you’d be really disappointed with the actual answer. That’s the problem. I think we just haven’t had a chance to look at this critically, and it’s kind of a push through, push through, push through, and they’re just bullet-point highlights in quotations. Which is, like, no, that’s not the whole deal.

“Understand what you’re signing, and what this means for the future of this game. I’d like to hit the pause button, but I’m not sure if that’s even going to be a possibility here. We’ll find out in a few days if this goes through or not.”

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
this is what Aaron Rodgers said. He said nobody on his team has even called him or replied back to ask questions about it... they deserve this shyt

NFL CBA: Aaron Rodgers says players lacking 'critical thinking'

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers on NFL players' response to CBA proposal: 'Not a lot of critical thinking going on'

Rodgers was in Indianapolis to participate in negotiations at the scouting combine last week, but suggested his involvement was superficial.

“My involvement was more under the show-pony guy,” Rodgers said. “Bring in the guy with a name who’s going to be in the room. I don’t think they realized maybe my ability to speak in those environments, and what I really was passionate about.”

Rodgers, calling the new CBA “a legacy deal,” said he’s passionate the players receive their proper value in the next agreement. He admitted frustration over the addition of a 17th regular-season game without what he believes is fair compensation, saying players are not receiving enough reward for putting their bodies at further risk. He also took to task players — including those in his locker room — whom he believes have not taken the time to fully understand the proposal they’re accepting.

The proposal stands a good chance of being ratified because it is attuned to a larger percentage of players, particularly in raising the league’s minimum wage. Rodgers believes the proposal, which does not include a 50-50 revenue split, focuses too much on lessening training camp practices and marijuana testing instead of more substantive concessions.

Rodgers was among 14 player representatives who voted to not allow the league’s proposal to be presented to the NFLPA’s full membership, a battle he lost.

“I think we should have stood firmer on revenue and player safety,” Rodgers said, “instead of trying to get some of these concessions.”

The inclusion of a 17th game was particularly mystifying, Rodgers said. When the NFLPA’s executive committee did its rounds with players during last season, Rodgers said, there was no reference to the 17th game. That part of the proposal wasn’t on the table until negotiations were well underway, he said.

By then, it was what Rodgers termed a “nonnegotiable.”

“Every meeting that was had before these negotiations really got amped up,” Rodgers said, “nobody wanted 17 games. So a lot of us are wondering how the hell that even got into the conversation. Because nobody wanted it.”

Rodgers suggested a fairer deal might be 16 regular-season games with an additional bye week, providing players more rest for their bodies during the season while stretching out the calendar.

If players ratify the 10-year proposal, the NFL will enter a new decade of peace with its players association. Rodgers, acknowledging this is the deal under which almost every NFL player will finish their careers, took issue with the length.

“I don’t understand 10 years,” Rodgers said. “… I think a 10-year deal, although it locks us in — the positive spin they’ve been saying is it locks us in for media contracts that are coming up to be renegotiated — but, again, I don’t feel like this is a negotiation that the players are going to look back at when I’m done playing, and go, ‘Man, I’m so glad that this is what we decided on.”

Rodgers said he doesn’t know how teammates inside the Packers locker room will vote. He attempted to address his concerns with fellow Packers players, sending them a 2,000-word email that outlined the issues, but said he did not get much response. He believes too many players are failing to take the time to fully understand what they’re getting.

“There’s not a lot of critical thinking going on,” Rodgers said. “There was a ton of information out there, I sent out a large email, and you email 73 guys, and how many responses you’re getting back on this 2,000-word email that goes out, you’d be really disappointed with the actual answer. That’s the problem. I think we just haven’t had a chance to look at this critically, and it’s kind of a push through, push through, push through, and they’re just bullet-point highlights in quotations. Which is, like, no, that’s not the whole deal.

“Understand what you’re signing, and what this means for the future of this game. I’d like to hit the pause button, but I’m not sure if that’s even going to be a possibility here. We’ll find out in a few days if this goes through or not.”

They deserve to get jerked then :yeshrug: