No-Limit Master P (5 part Docuseries) Wednesday 9pm EST on BET

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
P tried to blackball them hardbody

KL did some shyt for Luda, TI, Fiend, BG, Juve and some more tho. Almost nothing from Craig B n Mo B n O'Dell

How P blacked ball them when he was blacked ball himself?

According to some on here, P was being sued left and right, so how did he blackball producers? P didn't even mess with the major labels like that.

And who is gonna listen to P? White executives?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Why didnt BBTP produce any Songs after their Split with NL?
They produced on Mystikal album and like @JustCKing said they went by the Medicine Men, KLC has produced the most tracks himself since leaving No Limit (T.I. Ludacris Paul Wall Curren$y Bun B) but it's few and far between.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Mystikal and others aren't happy with how P said on Episode 4 that he could have gotten any other producers and NL would have been just as successful. That and said they all should just have been grateful for the opportunity he gave them. Click to read the caption that he shared.

You really using Forbes? Forbes list isn't accurate. It's 100% speculation and hype. Why do you think you never see any of the execs like Bryan Turner (founder of Priority Records) on the list? It's the same way all these "celebrity net worth" sites are all bogus.

We keep explaining it. No Limit was basically a Ponzi scheme because they secured big advances from Priority for each album and got stores to order more copies than they could actually sell. Eventually, Priority realized that NL wasn't going to recoup and they hit NL with the bill for that and other expenses to the tune of more than $47 mil.

Yes, NL made and profited lots of money on many albums. But they also took in big advances and didn't have enough heavyweight sales to make up for it. P just wanted the instant money and could care less about anything long-term. That's how many hustler think and it's the reason they're often their own worst enemy.

:mindblown::snoop:The bolded part is the exact reason for your disconnect in this whole discussion. You're failing to read and watch the sources that we are providing you. Instead, y'all would rather cling to your opinion that P was blameless and didn't make mistakes.

NY Daily News - We are currently unavailable in your region
EMI bought a 50% stake in Priority in 1996, and the remainder in 1998. Despite EMI's full ownership, Priority continued to be independently managed company until 2001, when its operations were merged into EMI's major US subsidiary, Capitol Records. They merged because Priority was losing money despite having chart topping albums. (likely because of doing stuff like they did with NL).

Well, Capitol likely checked their books and realized that they actually overpaid NL and they weren't as forgiving as Priority was.

Master P
signed with Universal (Capitol/EMI's biggest competitor) in 2001 by creating a brand new company (New No Limit). Seems he did this to distance himself from the debt and lawsuits with the original NL. I doubt P told them how much money he was in debt. P then allegedly did the same thing by getting a huge advance from Universal and then skipped out on them when it came time to release and promote albums. He then filed bankruptcy in 2003 to not have to pay his creditors and lost the catalogue.

:hubie:Now, I can't say that's 100% how it went because I wasn't there. But from the facts that we do know, I'd say that was close to how things went and why Priority & BBTP own it. Follow the present day results and trace your way back.

And If you read the information I've previoisly posted, you'd see that your questions are exactly why that's considered the dumbest contract in sports history.

KLC produced "Move B*tch" for Ludacris. But they were stuck in litigation for 10 years and many artists and labels were cautious of working with them, not knowing if they were still under contract to No Limit.

And when P was blackballed by major labels, pretty much everybody associated with NL was effectively blackballed too. Same thing happened with Death Row.

My guy. It doesn't make sense because of the things you've said and simply logic puts holes in your posts

I did the math to match what you said and there is no way NL makes money from album sales and there is no way P makes money in 1997 or 1998

Forbes list, with how you explained the deal, P is no where near being on the list.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
P wasn't the agent, and Ricky was the one who wanted to do this, how can you blame P or No Limit Sports Agency if the player wanted to create these stipulations

:stopitslime:Well why did No Limit Sports soon close and the building go unfinished? You can't let him. agree to that contract if you want to exist. An agency lives and dies by the contracts it does.

Make a horrible contract like Ricky Williams' out the gate and you're not gonna get any more clients. It would have been better to drop him as a client versus creating & allowing him to sign that terrible contract. It completely ruined their credibility. Agencies get the blame for bad contracts the same way they get the praise for good contracts.

How P blacked ball them when he was blacked ball himself?

One way you can "blackball" somebody is to tell people they're still under exclusive contract with you and that the song may not get cleared/threaten legal action. Happens all the time (Cash Money did it to Mannie Fresh).

Nobody really wants to work with somebody under the possible threat of a cease & desist order. Right now, I guarantee people are iffy on working with the Migos because of their litigation with QC. It's hard to risk getting a Quavo feature that may or may not be cleared.

My guy. It doesn't make sense because of the things you've said and simply logic puts holes in your posts

I did the math to match what you said and there is no way NL makes money from album sales and there is no way P makes money in 1997 or 1998

Forbes list, with how you explained the deal, P is no where near being on the list.

The fact you keep bringing up the Forbes list as being an accurate source of net profit let's me know you just believe any headline. Forbes works on speculation and it's a difference between gross, net and worth.

You're overthinking it when it's clear he's lost the catalogue to Priority & BBTP. Go buy that book I posted snippets from if you want to see more of the paper trail documented. P already admitted to filing bankruptcy and the Pimp C book section that was posted explained in brief how he lost it.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
:stopitslime:Well why did No Limit Sports soon close and the building go unfinished? You can't let him. agree to that contract if you want to exist. An agency lives and dies by the contracts it does.

Make a horrible contract like Ricky Williams' out the gate and you're not gonna get any more clients. It would have been better to drop him as a client versus creating & allowing him to sign that terrible contract. It completely ruined their credibility. Agencies get the blame for bad contracts the same way they get the praise for good contracts.

One way you can "blackball" somebody is to tell people they're still under exclusive contract with you and that the song may not get cleared/threaten legal action. Happens all the time (Cash Money did it to Mannie Fresh).

Nobody really wants to work with somebody under the possible threat of a cease & desist order. Right now, I guarantee people are iffy on working with the Migos because of their litigation with QC. It's hard to risk getting a Quavo feature that may or may not be cleared.

The fact you keep bringing up the Forbes list as being an accurate source of net profit let's me know you just believe any headline. Forbes works on speculation and it's a difference between gross, net and worth.

You're overthinking it when it's clear he's lost the catalogue to Priority & BBTP. Go buy that book I posted snippets from if you want to see more of the paper trail documented. P already admitted to filing bankruptcy and the Pimp C book section that was posted explained in brief how he lost it.

No,
The Forbes list is being brought up because, from how you explained NL contract with Priority, P and his artists would be owing money to Priority in 97 & 98, NL wouldn't have made any money.

P would be broke and in the red in 97 & 98 going by what you been posting. Forbes list wouldn't have been even on his radar because he's paying back Priority from all of the records he didn't sell from 96-2000.

His artists would have been in the RED after their first album release by how you've explained P's contract with Priority

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
No,
The Forbes list is being brought up because, from how you explained NL contract with Priority, P and his artists would be owing money to Priority in 97 & 98, NL wouldn't have made any money.

P would be broke and in the red in 97 & 98 going by what you been posting. Forbes list wouldn't have been even on his radar because he's paying back Priority from all of the records he didn't sell from 96-2000.

His artists would have been in the RED after their first album release by how you've explained P's contract with Priority

:gucci:You keep missing the point. Yes, P made money off record sales. The flipside is that he also had mounting debts from various sources. When you file bankrupcy, the reason is because you owe money.

It's totally conceivable that Priority made a net profit off NL in 1997 but didn't in 1998. That would be because of all the NL albums having so many units shipped to stores. It would also explain why that type of flood wasn't duplicated on a big label before or after. It just isn't a sustainable model.

He overpromised Priority to get the big advances and Priority was left with unsold units that had to be billed back to NL. Gross versus net.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci:You keep missing the point. Yes, P made money off record sales. The flipside is that he also had mounting debts from various sources. When you file bankrupcy, the reason is because you owe money.

It's totally conceivable that Priority made a net profit off NL in 1997 but didn't in 1998. That would be because of all the NL albums having so many units shipped to stores. It would also explain why that type of flood wasn't duplicated on a big label before or after. It just isn't a sustainable model.

He overpromised Priority to get the big advances and Priority was left with unsold units that had to be billed back to NL. Gross versus net.

Also, this being the case, none of this would really hit the fan until 1999. I'm asking this because, while it was happening in real time, a lot of No Limit's albums were actually selling close to the amount that was shipped, but by 1999, those albums were selling slower and that's when we started seeing albums being pushed back or canceled altogether. They went from 23 album in 1998 to 15 in 1999 to like 6 in 2000. By 2001, No Limit parted ways with Priority.

If I'm understanding this correctly, it kind of works like credit. Priority was handing out these big advances and were overshipping units, but by the time they did the math, the units they shipped far exceeded the units sold, which put them on the negative side and they wanted P to pay. By this point, P has already made his millions in spite of Priority losing money, which was pretty much a credit to his hustle. He reversed the game and then filed for bankruptcy.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
The whole entertainment industry is smoke & mirrors. Click on the picture to see the full text

Here's a post about how Bryan Turner from Priority also helped break up NWA and Death Row. Snoop going from Death Row to Priority is because of him

Last edited:

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
JT The Bigga Figga had an interview on Youtube where he explained the NL/Priority situation in detail and I forgot to mention. Prior to the change they were allowed to swap out unsold albums in stores at no fee. The return policy changed and that caused NL to be billed for unsold units. That's how they debt really piled up quick.

Master P ships 100k of 99 Ways to Die. Sells 75k, stores exchange the old 25k, that didn't sell, for some new music/ product, then it's still 100k sold.

That return policy changed. 100 percent, in favor of the stores. And NLR started to decline, so he couldn't cover his loses with just replacing CDs. Because he'd be digging a deeper hole, each unsuccessful project.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, KLC, MO B., O'Dell, and Craig B renamed themselves The Medicine Men because No Limit's new producers were producing under Beats By The Pound. Read the credits to Da Crime Family and you see Produced By Suga Bear for Beats By The Pound. KLC, O'Dell, and Mo B. also had beats on the same album under Beats By The Pound.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They came to the table in 1999/2000, 10 years later would be 2010-2009, That video of KL is from 2016, KL is still in his feelings and he said that P owed him about something still?

P in 2020 alluded to in the series that ppl still saying that he owed him and he said he doesn't owe them anything and paid, OVER paid folks for their work

Why is KL still fussing, dude you should be paid, you won a lawsuit remember but yet you still going after P talking about money issues, when you already won a lawsuit, cut it out??

At least Mo B dikk hasn't spoken on it in his interviews that I seen.

Mo B addresses his issues with P during this interview

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
:Dead:
Fam come on now, this is just hating
They do tell lies tho ... I haven’t seen Reggie been caught in a lie yet ... I stand by what Reggie says both master p and snoop telll lies to make them selfs look better .... daz is even worse ... this idea that no limit was bullying deathrow is just funny to me lol ... snoop got smacked up ran , them no limit soilders did nothing to travon or bountry al n them

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They do tell lies tho ... I haven’t seen Reggie been caught in a lie yet ... I stand by what Reggie says both master p and snoop telll lies to make them selfs look better .... daz is even worse ... this idea that no limit was bullying deathrow is just funny to me lol ... snoop got smacked up ran , them no limit soilders did nothing to travon or bountry al n them
Then why was Mob James looking at him crazy when he told the story. nikka already caught in one lie saying Snoop sold 10m on death row..

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

The point is not missed, you keep moving the goal posts.

These big advances were how much? In the series he stated his advances were 250k, What other big advances were he getting?

Why would he continue to get big advances, when he was owe'n money to them?? This doesn't even make sense.

If the albums are NOT selling why is Priority giving him "Big" advances to continue to put out albums

That's the point you're running over and saying he owes "various debt"

What you have explained with the Priority situation does not make sense.

If what you have explained is true, then NL makes NO money in 96-2000