No-Limit Master P (5 part Docuseries) Wednesday 9pm EST on BET

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Always follow the money and the results.

No Limit filed bankruptcy and the albums from the catalogue that have been released are from Priority/Capital/Beats by Pound.

P doesn't own or control the catalogue. That's why P made a greatest hits album full of re-recorded versions of his songs. That's done when somebody doesn't own the masters.

And we know P would have 7382 deluxe anniversary editions of Lil Soldiers album out if controlled the NL catalogue the same way Suge did Death Row's catalogue before he lost it in bankruptcy.

Go on streaming services and look at the label at the bottom. Mac's Shell Shocked is released by Beats by the Pound for example.

P didn't like paying residuals and felt you should be happy with anything he gave you. That was a character flaw that led to the downfall of No Limit.

Don't get caught up in platinum or gold certifications, because that's just for the fans. The same way a plauque for a billion streams is pointless depending on how much each stream is worth. What really matters in business is how many albums are sold (Soundscan) and what the ROI is.

Here is a Soundcan thread from 2007 where official US Soundscans were posted. This is what No Limit actually sold as of December 2007

https://boxden.com/showthread.php?t=888986&page=20

Mr. Marcelo Brick Livin: 37,691
Mr. Marcelo Still Brick Livin': 1,123
Mr. Marcelo Streetz Got Luv 4 Me: 2,236
504 Boyz Ballers: 26,1981
504 Boyz Goodfellas: 1,142,848
504 Boyz Hurricane Katrina-we Gon' Boun: 4,066
Master P Living Legend-certified D-boy: 8,463
Lil' Romeo Game Time: 386,302
Lil' Romeo Lil' Romeo: 846,913
Lil' Romeo Romeo Tv Show-the Season: 22,835
Lil' Romeo Romeoland: 175,074
Krazy Breather Life: 22,742
Soulja Slim Give It 2 'em Raw: 341,545
Soulja Slim Streets Made Me: 82,788
Soulja Slim Years Later: 26,608
Soulja Slim Years Later-a Few Months After: 62,883
SNOOP DOGG DA GAME IS TO BE SOLD & NOT TO: 2,075,129
SNOOP DOGG THA LAST MEAL: 2,052,198
SNOOP DOGG TOP DOGG: 1,508,602
MASTER P 99 WAYS TO DIE: 292,518
MASTER P GAME FACE: 433,198
MASTER P GHETTO POSTAGE: 600,805
MASTER P GHETTO D: 3,185,221
MASTER P GHETTO'S TRYING TO KILL ME (re-release): 290,070
MASTER P GOOD SIDE/BAD SIDE: 260,999
MASTER P ICE CREAM MAN: 1,248,375
MASTER P MP DA LAST DON: 2,255,122
MASTER P ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME: 677,727
MASTER P GHETTO BILL: 89,713

C-MURDER TRUEST S--- I EVR SAID: 113,156

TRU DA CRIME FAMILY: 850,387
TRU TRU 2 DA GAME: 1,341,488
TRU TRUE: 429,577
[FONT=Open Sans, verdana]P shipped more records than he sold and wasn't able to pay the advances back to Priority or Universal. Compound that with Beats by the Pound winning a lawsuit over non-payment and other legal issues.[/FONT]
Props for posting those soundscan numbers...I was trying to find them myself...

And you have infinite patience...cause you're breaking down step by step how P ran off on the plug, and these cats can't wrap their head around it

shyt starts getting spooky when you consider how soon No Limit collapsed after what was an astronomical peak.. logically what usually happens in the case of a label having the type of success No Limit had in '98 is the major label would re-up with them massively...instead the original NL was bankrupt a couple years later

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Even has a page on allmusic Porsha - Porsha | User Reviews | AllMusic
I guess it was done and for some reason they didn't release it as planned. I mean Mercedes released her album like two or 3 weeks earlier, bad timing there

Mercedes interview from last month.

Mercedes said they recorded her Rear End album in 10 days. The only reason "It's Your Thang" was the single was because it was literally the very first song done and they had to send something to radio & press. She wanted "I Can Tell" to be the single but it was too late and they couldn't retract the stuff.

It was an extremely rushed atmosphere. Shame they promoted her album for almost 2 years and didn't even start working on it until a month before it dropped. She also was disappointed in the lack of promotion it got.

They came to the table in 1999/2000, 10 years later would be 2010-2009, That video of KL is from 2016, KL is still in his feelings and he said that P owed him about something still?

P in 2020 alluded to in the series that ppl still saying that he owed him and he said he doesn't owe them anything and paid, OVER paid folks for their work

Why is KL still fussing, dude you should be paid, you won a lawsuit remember but yet you still going after P talking about money issues, when you already won a lawsuit, cut it out??

At least Mo B dikk hasn't spoken on it in his interviews that I seen.

Dealing with litigation, getting a settlement is one thing. It can take even longer to get the payments.
And with so many albums and artists, there is all kinds of litigation holding things up.

For example, somebody filed a $10 million lawsuit against No Limit stating that Mia X was still signed to them.
Master P Faces $10 Million Suit Over Mia X Contract Dispute

The same way in 2016, P claimed in child support court that he just made $2,441 per month and only had $432 in the bank.
Master P -- Kids Make the Case ... Dad Should Pay Less Child Support

Mo B. dikk is P's blood cousin and said in 2016 that he hadn't spoken to P since 1999.
@33:00

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not necessarily. Depening on the settlement terms, it may or may not be on Pacer, which costs money to view. Master P admitted to NL filing for bankruptcy in 2003.
The New No Limit Records Addresses Rumors of Bankruptcy

This is obviously a business move where he filed for bankruptcy in one company but just started a new company with another name. His own wife said "Percy put things in Romeo name so i couldn't touch it"

I think he messed up because around 2003 people thought it was over for record sales because everyone downloaded music. So he thought he was cashing out because the industry was dead. Had he know about streaming sites coming years later i doubt he would have filed for bankruptcy. He just didn't want to pay people.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She wanted "I Can Tell" to be the single but it was too late and they couldn't retract the stuff.

I just watched that interview this morning. Had they released "I Can Tell" as her first single. She would've blown up. That song was huge in 2000 when it was tacked onto 504 Boyz Goodfellas and they still never made it a single. Would've been a huge look for MAC too.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I just watched that interview this morning. Had they released "I Can Tell" as her first single. She would've blown up. That song was huge in 2000 when it was tacked onto 504 Boyz Goodfellas and they still never made it a single. Would've been a huge look for MAC too.
Didn't even remember whose album that was on, definitely was a huge record that got play waaaaaaay after its original run

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Dope breakdown explaining just how crazy that Ricky Williams contract was. P lost his mind in 1998. He was moving like Tony right after he killed Sosa:pachaha:

Here's an article from them with the a detailed but easy to understand breakdown of the contract with graphs and charts.
Ricky Williams’s Awful NFL Contract Never Gave Him A Chance

No Limit Sports was the cautionary tale for Roc Nation Sports & YM Sports.

Ricky made $14 mil off his rookie contract. Fellow RB classmate Edgerrin James made $49 mil off his:picard:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't even mention how No Limit was one of the first and few artists to work with Destiny's Child. Outside of Clef, nobody was really featuring Destiny's Child until around the time their second album dropped. Same goes for Mya. They didn't bring up any of this.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Props for posting those soundscan numbers...I was trying to find them myself...

And you have infinite patience...cause you're breaking down step by step how P ran off on the plug, and these cats can't wrap their head around it

shyt starts getting spooky when you consider how soon No Limit collapsed after what was an astronomical peak.. logically what usually happens in the case of a label having the type of success No Limit had in '98 is the major label would re-up with them massively...instead the original NL was bankrupt a couple years later
They did.. They went to universal..

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mercedes said they recorded her Rear End album in 10 days. The only reason "It's Your Thang" was the single was because it was literally the very first song done and they had to send something to radio & press. She wanted "I Can Tell" to be the single but it was too late and they couldn't retract the stuff.

It was an extremely rushed atmosphere. Shame they promoted her album for almost 2 years and didn't even start working on it until a month before it dropped. She also was disappointed in the lack of promotion it got.

Dealing with litigation, getting a settlement is one thing. It can take even longer to get the payments.
And with so many albums and artists, there is all kinds of litigation holding things up.

For example, somebody filed a $10 million lawsuit against No Limit stating that Mia X was still signed to them.

The same way in 2016, P claimed in child support court that he just made $2,441 per month and only had $432 in the bank.

Mo B. dikk is P's blood cousin and said in 2016 that he hadn't spoken to P since 1999.

Sonya C knows where the money is
Master P's Wife -- He Owns 31 Properties, 13 Cars, & 45 Companies ... I WANT MY SHARE

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
If P did dirty business and Priority was cleaned on their end, they not one time try to screw P over, why was Universal so eager to sign P

You follow up on a person track record before you hire them, let alone, give them money.

If you owe a company X,Y Z

I am not going to hire you, nor give you a big sum of money, until you settle your debts with company A

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Dope breakdown explaining just how crazy that Ricky Williams contract was. P lost his mind in 1998. He was moving like Tony right after he killed Sosa:pachaha:

Here's an article from them with the a detailed but easy to understand breakdown of the contract with graphs and charts.
Ricky Williams’s Awful NFL Contract Never Gave Him A Chance

No Limit Sports was the cautionary tale for Roc Nation Sports & YM Sports.

Ricky made $14 mil off his rookie contract. Fellow RB classmate Edgerrin James made $49 mil off his:picard:

But Ricky even says that he told them to do it.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

What does that have to do with P owe'n Mo B dikk money from all the records he made?

The Mia X suit, 1999, what happened with that? It doesn't take that long for a verdict to be reach, what was the outcome with Mia X situation?

With Ricky Williams, Did Ricky read over his terms?? Or did he just sign it without reading over the contract?