No-Limit Master P (5 part Docuseries) Wednesday 9pm EST on BET

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched Episodes 3 and 4. Saw the first two episodes last week. It was good seeing commentary from Mercedes and Fiend.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:Y'all must ain't hear Fiend say on episode 4 that he wasn't getting paid right. Mystikal alluded to it too in that photo shoot interview. P was doing a nicer version of what other labels do by giving artists allowance money and material things instead of residual payments. Guarantee those artist got 1099'd and had to pay taxes on all of it.

I talked to a producer of this docuseries and P didn't have control over it. eOne Entertainment & Viacom is who put this together. It's basically an extended version of VH1 Behind The Music. You wouldn't have gotten King George and others on here otherwise.

BBTP just ain't messing with anything promoting P. Mo B. dikk is P's cousin and he hasn't spoken to him since 1999.

KLC explained that C had tension with P also because Magic was signed to C's TRU Records label (a subsidiary of NL). C was the one who believed in Magic, but P was going behind his back and telling Magic to rep No Limit instead of TRU Records when he got buzz. It'd be like Clive Davis telling Biggie to rep Arista instead of Bad Boy after Big Poppa.

They weren't on good terms and then C got arrested. P got Magic and Currensy directly on No Limit. Currensy has always said he felt conflicted going to P out of loyalty to C. But C said Currensy had to do what he had to do and it's cool. Currensy continuted to rep C-Murder any chance he got, even when he was signed to Young Money.

Nah you gotta study what actually happened. P actually owed Priority money from all the huge advances he got each time he dropped an album. They got alot of unsold albums returned and the albums weren't recouping. That's why Priority sued P for $46 million and No Limit Records filed for bankrupcy. P defaulted on the payment terms and that's how he lost the No Limit catalogue.

P went to Universal with New No Limit and took another huge advance after falsely stating that he had certain artists still under contract ready to drop albums. But those artists weren't messing with P and P didn't use the advance money to promote the artists albums that he did drop. The New No Limit artists went to Universal complaining about payments and promotion and they told them P had the money.

P basically ran off on the plug twice and that's why he was effectively blackballed.

@24:00 of this KLC talks about how P didn't want to pay them what they were owed. P's comments on the last episode show that he still doesn't feel like he needed to pay them.

Again, you have to tell the full story so that people learn from their mistakes and don't get fooled by a revisionist story.

:ohhh:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol, went into a 10+ minute No Limit convo off of one bar. Dope.

Silkk was far and away my favorite No Limit artist, I know all his shyt verbatim...but he was ass, lol. His writing wasn't ass, he actually was probably the best with the pen over there...but he just had the worst delivery ever in history, rapped like an amateur

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know they won't expound on it, but I want to know what happened to Porsha's album. It was promoted with a July 20, 1999 date in The Source and Fiend's Street Life (which dropped July 6, 1999). Next thing you know it was in the "coming soon" section of the liner notes and back covers of the albums and never came out.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I know they won't expound on it, but I want to know what happened to Porsha's album. It was promoted with a July 20, 1999 date in The Source and Fiend's Street Life (which dropped July 6, 1999). Next thing you know it was in the "coming soon" section of the liner notes and back covers of the albums and never came out.
I wonder why BBTP didn't get interviewed on here, according to T.C. (Tobin Costen) Viacom met with all them separately, so it's not like P didn't want them to come, they could've told their story better.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I wonder why BBTP didn't get interviewed on here, according to T.C. (Tobin Costen) Viacom met with all them separately, so it's not like P didn't want them to come, they could've told their story better.

I'm not sure, Marko stated that Big One did the editing for the series and that P didn't have any say so, so I am not sure why their interviews were included.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
I didn't follow P court room cases. Did P lose his cases? or were cases/lawsuits just "filed" People file cases all the time, but do those cases go to court and have a verdict or settlement announced..

P paid Priority 46 million dollars? I did not follow the case, and if you have it, I would like to read up on it for my knowledge and understanding.

Down For My nikkas came from an album that wasn't solely produced by Beats By The Pound, that set rate could have been prorated, or in the contract P could have just paid for the beat

Isn't it KL job to make sure HE gets residuals?? He the one made the beat, so why didn't he draw up a contract and have P sign it?? Again, how you expecting another grown man to do what you should have done or had the business mind to do??

Do you think J-Prince is sending out checks to the producer who made "Mind Playing Tricks on Me" ?

Do you think Tony Draper is sending out checks to the producer(s) who made Space Age Pimping?

To be fair those dudes would run through a brick wall for P, and P did establish contracts with his artist, which he stated in the series that he "ripped" them up, I'm not understanding the homeboy business thing?

The hand shake was more likely done before the actual paperwork was drawn up by P's lawyers.

You're overthinking things. The info has been posted in thia thread numerous times by me and others. And just look at the current state of Master P & No Limit and ask yourself:

• Why does P move the way he does the last 20 years?
  • With all the promo he does for his products, why does he never promo his NL albums?
  • Why did he horribly re-record his NL songs?
  • Why hasn't there been re-releases not done by Priority or Bears by the Pound ?
  • Why do all the NL releases on streaming services say Priority, BBTP or some unauthorized independent distributor?
  • Why did Priority appoint Snoop as their Creative Chairman in 2009, yet they don't acknowledge P at all?
  • Why would No Limit file for bankruptcy in December 003 just 5 years after that big year?
  • Why did P agree to pay back Priority Records for overpayment and later default?
  • Why are half of the label's releases not on streaming sites when it's free money?
That answer to these questions means it's some ish in the game.

Homeboy business meaning many of the things NL did were without proper contracts being constructed beforehand (similar to NWA's situation).

As much as Snoop wants to throw shots at Death Row for inhouse management conflict-of-interest, NL was run the exaxt same way. Tevester Scott (RIP) was the COO of NL and, along with Big Boz, also served as the manager of most of the NL artists. PM Properties owned many of the homes that artists and executives stayed in.

And when it came time to pay, P didn't want to pay what was legally owed. It was bad bookkeeping that caught up with them. And when BBTP went to negotiate a contract, things went left and they eventually won the lawsuit roughly 10 years later for the rights to the catalogue.

Yes, there are checks being paid to whoever has rights on older songs. Streaming alone has given life to many older songs. And when they get sampled, people are due money.

We have to judge a tree by its fruits. The results 20 years later show us things. It's not to ish on P or demean him, it's just to show that it wasn't all gravy. There are lessons that all Black busnessowners should take heed.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're overthinking things. The info has been posted in thia thread numerous times by me and others. And just look at the current state of Master P & No Limit and ask yourself:

• With all the promo he does for his products, why does he never promo his NL albums?
  • Why hasn't there been re-releases not done by Priority or Bears by the Pound ?
  • Why do all the NL releases on streaming services say Priority, BBTP or some unauthorized independent distributor?
  • Why did Priority appoint Snoop as their Creative Chairman in 2009, yet they don't acknowledge P at all?
  • Why would No Limit file for bankruptcy in December 003 just 5 years after that big year?
  • Why did P agree to pay back Priority Records for overpayment and later default?
  • Why are half of the label's releases not on streaming sites when it's free money?

Homeboy business meaning many of the things NL did were without proper contracts being constructed beforehand (similar to NWA's situation).

As much as Snoop wants to throw shots at Death Row for inhouse management conflict-of-interest, NL was run the exaxt same way. Tevester Scott (RIP) was the COO of NL and, along with Big Boz, also served as the manager of most of the NL artists. PM Properties owned many of the homes that artists and executives stayed in.

And when it came time to pay, P didn't want to pay what was legally owed. It was bad bookkeeping that caught up with them. And when BBTP went to negotiate a contract, things went left and they eventually won the lawsuit roughly 10 years later for the rights to the catalogue.

Yes, there are checks being paid to whoever has rights on older songs. Streaming alone has given life to many older songs. And when they get sampled, people are due money.

We have to judge a tree by its fruits. The results 20 years later show us things. It's not to ish on P or demean him, it's just to show that it wasn't all gravy. There are lessons that all Black busnessowners should take heed.
Where's the paperwork? Every lawsuit has paperwork on the internet..

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

If BBTP won the lawsuit, why the video you posted has KL in his feelings, if you won and own, x, y, z, why are you putting it out or making it seem like you didn't get paid, you should be eating well off NL catalog and the songs you produced. From the video you posted, that doesn't seem to be the case.

The bullet points and questions you posted, I would chalk it up to P not wanting to be strong arm, or folks coming for his pockets.

Do you think Priority played fair with P? You think it was all P fault?? Do you think Priority records and those white executives never tried to play P?? You don't think those guys were sharks too? It was all NL and P that were trying to get over?

I'm not overthinking it, I'm thinking like how P would think or using simple logic to see both sides and have it make sense.

You never addressed the point or question I asked which was, Why P or any CEO have to pay back CDs that didn't sell, when the ppl who signed a contract are getting a kick back off each sale??

IF it was written in the contract that P was supposed to eat that cost, then that's foul on P, but if that's not the case and now these executives want to charge P to clean up the mess, then that's foul on their end...How is that overthinking simple logic??

If what you're saying is true, P was this bad person and did bad things, In an Industry like music, white executives talk to white executives, Why did Universal give him a new deal??

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even has a page on allmusic Porsha - Porsha | User Reviews | AllMusic
I guess it was done and for some reason they didn't release it as planned. I mean Mercedes released her album like two or 3 weeks earlier, bad timing there

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

They came to the table in 1999/2000, 10 years later would be 2010-2009, That video of KL is from 2016, KL is still in his feelings and he said that P owed him about something still?

P in 2020 alluded to in the series that ppl still saying that he owed him and he said he doesn't owe them anything and paid, OVER paid folks for their work

Why is KL still fussing, dude you should be paid, you won a lawsuit remember but yet you still going after P talking about money issues, when you already won a lawsuit, cut it out??

At least Mo B dikk hasn't spoken on it in his interviews that I seen.