Nolan Batman trilogy or Captain America? Which one is better?

Better trilogy?

• Batman

Votes: 79 69.3%
  • Captain America

Votes: 35 30.7%

• Total voters

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Hmmm.... since these movies are ULTIMATELY about the HERO's and they're journey....:patrice:

I'd say Cap:ehh:

Bale wasnt a bad or terrible Bruce/Batman but Evans was just a MUCH better Rodgers/Captain America.

Evans never got outshined in his own movies where people talk more about them than him and even forget he was in the movie or treat him like an afterthought:picard:

No one ever had anything bad to say about Evans or clowned and made memes of something that was bad or distracting:ld:

Also the Cap movies just organically felt more connected like the actually were a family where the Batman movies to a degree felt like 3 separate movies..... didnt really have any deep call backs from past movies... just shyt was glossed over

Cap Trilogy>Dark Knight trilogy:manny:

But not by a landslide or anything:whoa:

Martha

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nine years later, they still talk about The Dark Knight like it came out yesterday. :ehh:

Civil War probably the best closing of a super hero movie I've seen.

TDKR is notably bad and First Avenger is forgettable.

But I'm edging Captain.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Winter Soldier is a good movie. The other two are forgettable. Batman for me.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Batman trilogy for me, and its not close...granted I am bias towards the fact Batman is my fav super hero, and while I highly enjoyed all 3 cap movies, ive never really had the itch to watch them again...shyt I may watch Batman Begins tonight

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cap has two dope flicks while imo the batman trilogy only has one. First cap and batman begins are both equally boring af to me so they cancel each other out sorta. i do really like the ending of the first cap flick and barely remember anything from batman begins cuz i cant sit thru it again so i guess cap got that one. TDK beats out winter soldier strictly because of ledger. The action in winter soldier so lit tho :noah: plus its shorter and i feel TDK drags a wee bit but it still wins. Civil war shyts all over TDKR plus the king t'challa in it :myman:

Didn't TDK have that :trash: Two Face story shoehorned in?:hhh:

Winter Soldier >>>

The last Batman was a mess and Civil War was crack.

Nolan can't film a fight scene to save his life so Cap got this easy.

:gucci:
f6f8c7b298f0f052311e0577fd0a9c0d.gif

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
And plus, viewers will need to see Avengers and Age of Ultron in order to fully comprehend the Captain America Trilogy (in Civil War they'll be like "Who are these people and where did they come from?")

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If the movies were called "Bane" or "Joker"

Or atleast "The Strongman Rises" and "The Jester"... I would probably rate them higher:russ:

Cant get outshined on your own franchise.:picard:

If this is how we gonna rank shyt....:patrice:

musically.... we may have to go back and Rerank this
220px-Shaq-Fu_Da_Return.jpg

as one of the GOAT classics and greatest top 5 hiphop albums of all time.:pachaha:

shyt had;
Rza, Methodman, Redman, Keith Murray, Warren G, Erick Sermon, Ill All Scratch.... all in they prime on this album:banderas:

That alone makes that album > Ready to Die, Illmatic, Makaveli:shaq:

Martha

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I might have to give it to Nolan's batman only cause Begins is better than First Avenger.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Cap series is better overall IMO.

Batman Begins is overrated as hell. It's a good movie, but people act like it's some masterpiece. I think people grade that movie on a curve because of what came before it.

Conversely I think Captain America The First Avenger is underrated. To this day it's the most unique MCU film to be released, no other movie is like it. It captures the feel of those old war serial, it has one of the best romantic subplots of any superhero film, the action is decent, and does world building while still being able to be a competent solo film.

The Dark Knight is hands down the best film from either series. Nothing I can say about it that hasn't already been said millions of times before at this point.

The Dark Night Rises is probably the worst film of either series. It's not a "bad" movie, but it's not all that good either. For a series that prided itself on being "realistic" and smart, that movie was fukking dumb.

If I had to rank all the movies it'd be:

#1 The Dark Knight
#2 Captain America - The Winter Soldier
#3 Captain America - Civil War
#4 Captain America The First Avenger
#5 Batman Begins
#6 The Dark Knight Rises

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And plus, viewers will need to see Avengers and Age of Ultron in order to fully comprehend the Captain America Trilogy (in Civil War they'll be like "Who are these people and where did they come from?")

I've never understood this critique.

Filmgoers are more savvy than folks give them credit for being. enough basic info is given in Civil War so that people coming in cold can follow the film easily. If you've seen all the previous film you get some added weight in some scenes, but if you haven't seen them you can still follow what's going on.

It's no different from the Fast and Furious Franchise. Everybody didn't see all the previous films, but people were still had a good feel for the characters that were brought back in Fast 5.