Nolan Batman trilogy or Captain America? Which one is better?

Better trilogy?

• Batman

Votes: 79 69.3%
  • Captain America

Votes: 35 30.7%

• Total voters

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yea and i think the movie would've been more rewatchable for me without that. Its so fukking long and u really only wanna see joker throughout so when he's not on screen you're just waiting til he is

Never felt like two face was shoehorned in at all. Harvey dent was a fully realized character in the movie and got proper development and two face being included illustrated the larger themes of the movie

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Never felt like two face was shoehorned in at all. Harvey dent was a fully realized character in the movie and got proper development and two face being included illustrated the larger themes of the movie
still feel it could've been cut out....dont give a single fukk about two face. Penguin status to me

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
still feel it could've been cut out....dont give a single fukk about two face. Penguin status to me

Homie you not liking the character doesnt mean the movie is worse off because of him. Couldn't cut two face out of the movie since the finale hinged on him and that trio of Gordon Bruce and dent. Not liking a character on principle vs saying they add nothing to the movie are two different things. Neville Longbottom bores the hell out of me and I'm ambivalent to him but it doesn't mean he adds nothing to the Harry Potter movies

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I won't take this Batman Begins slander :Jimmy:

I do have problems with the TDKR but Heath's death changed everything

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Homie you not liking the character doesnt mean the movie is worse off because of him. Couldn't cut two face out of the movie since the finale hinged on him and that trio of Gordon Bruce and dent. Not liking a character on principle vs saying they add nothing to the movie are two different things. Neville Longbottom bores the hell out of me and I'm ambivalent to him but it doesn't mean he adds nothing to the Harry Potter movies
mmkay lol movie still didnt NEED him. He could've been just a regular attorney or henchmen. No need for an origin story of a villain that wouldnt be showing up again anyway. Its still a dope movie but it doesnt get as much burn as WS or CW in my crib :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
mmkay lol movie still didnt NEED him. He could've been just a regular attorney or henchmen. No need for an origin story of a villain that wouldnt be showing up again anyway. Its still a dope movie but it doesnt get as much burn as WS or CW in my crib :yeshrug:

Homie..how did the movie not need him? If the backbone of your movie is how far law enforcement is willing to go outside of the law to catch a terrorist, you need the police force and the judicial branch in on it. Why would you have a DA in a batman movie and not have it be harvey? Plus the whole idea of bruce wanting to lead a normal life and feeling like Harvey is the guy who can save the city and weed out the corruption and be the white knight? That's dope shyt man. Again whether you like the character is inconsequential as to whether he added anything to the movie. The contrast between harvey and bruce, the contrast between harvey and gordon, their different methods, the fall from grace, joker testing these three institutions in Gotham and seeing which one of them would break first and you're saying that's not necessary? :francis: idk breh, seems pretty necessary to me.

And you can do an origin story for a villain if you're actually making him a three dimensional character and not looking at him as a villain, which it never seemed Nolan did. Plus he always said his movies were finite. The trilogy has a beginning, middle, and end so in theory, no villain would show up again

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Harvey Dent heel turn is the most out of nowhere unexplained bullshyt ever...and I say that as someone that LOVES TDK. It's the one major flaw of that movie. Dent goes from Mr Squeeky clean to a fukking serial killer in the blink of the eye. We needed to see more hints of him being mentally unstable. Actually the Two Face origin in Batman: The Animated series would have been perfect.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Fighting in TDKR was so trash. I mean I wasn't expecting John Wick level shyt but got damn :scust:

Bane snapping Bats back is one of comics most striking moments and the way they did it in some damp ass room with no lighting :huhldup:

Then that pathetic excuse for hand to hand in the final fight between Bruce and Bane on the steps:mjlol:

3678273-bane+5.gif

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Gotta go with the Dark Knight Trilogy. The Dark Knight films felt like events to me. They just felt special to watch. I dunno, it's kinda hard to describe. It just felt like I was seeing something more than just a film, those movies really resonated with me. Even Rises which everyone either hates or is indifferent towards, and is maybe the weakest of the trilogy, yet is maybe my favorite of them. I still rewatch that one all the time. The Captain America movies were fun action popcorn flicks to me, nothing beyond that. I still haven't really seen First Avenger. Winter Soldier was really good but the Nick Fury death fakeout really took me out of the movie for whatever reason, I think just a general tiredness with Marvel films where a character "dies" except they don't. Civil War was maybe the closest feeling I've gotten to seeing an event like the TDK trilogy, like you're seeing something really special.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Batman begins ----------> first avenger
Dark knight -------------> winter soldier
Civil war -------------> dark knight rises

Plus the dark knight shyts on any cap or any marvel or dc movie.

1. Dark knight 10/10
2. Winter soldier 10/10
3. Civil war 9/10
4. Batman begins 8/10
5. Dark knight rises 7/10
6. First avenger 4/10

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
TDK trilogy and not even close. Batman Begins was dope and one of the highest replayability of any comic book film I ever saw, and The Dark Knight started a damn culture phenomenon. The first 2 films, in terms of symbolism and connection, was perfect IMO. Even in TDKR, Bane had quotables for days.

Only thing that Cap has better than, is better fighting scenes due to better technology being filmed at later dates.