Nolan Batman trilogy or Captain America? Which one is better?

Better trilogy?

• Batman

Votes: 79 69.3%
  • Captain America

Votes: 35 30.7%

• Total voters

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The Cap series is better overall IMO.

Batman Begins is overrated as hell. It's a good movie, but people act like it's some masterpiece. I think people grade that movie on a curve because of what came before it.

Conversely I think Captain America The First Avenger is underrated. To this day it's the most unique MCU film to be released, no other movie is like it. It captures the feel of those old war serial, it has one of the best romantic subplots of any superhero film, the action is decent, and does world building while still being able to be a competent solo film.

The Dark Knight is hands down the best film from either series. Nothing I can say about it that hasn't already been said millions of times before at this point.

The Dark Night Rises is probably the worst film of either series. It's not a "bad" movie, but it's not all that good either. For a series that prided itself on being "realistic" and smart, that movie was fukking dumb.

If I had to rank all the movies it'd be:

#1 The Dark Knight
#2 Captain America - The Winter Soldier
#3 Captain America - Civil War
#4 Captain America The First Avenger
#5 Batman Begins
#6 The Dark Knight Rises

I like adding the overall rank:
  1. TDK 10/10
  2. Cap Winter Soldier 9.5/10
  3. Cap Civil War 9.2/10
  4. Batman Begins 9/10
  5. The Dark Knight Rises 8.5/10
  6. Cap First Avenger 8/10

• Dap
Reactions: flo

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Since I feel like the dark knight is still the best comic book flick ever and also one of the greatest films ever period, that alone puts Nolan on top. Dude was just working on another level with her movie. Batman begins is dope as well. Dark knight rises is a mess but that doesn't tarnish the two that came before it. And unlike most of the board I love the first cap movie along with the second and third. But yeah dark knight just soars above the competition for me

Conz

Superstar
Daps
call me a Marveltard, but Cap has more rewatchability. I just can't watch Nolan movies more than once (TDK a few times) I never cared about Begins, but know i need to see it again b/c it was so long ago. Rises felt like it was 9 hours long. I'll be honest, I've seen First Avenger like 5 times and i still don't remember most of it, so to me this is a draw. Nolan Batmans are probably better technical movies, but i enjoy the Cap series just as much. I think Winter Soldier is a masterpiece. I think TDK is a masterpiece. Civil War is better than Begins... but again, i may not be remembering it well.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna say Batman just because the Cap movies, as good as they are, won't make as much sense if you haven't seen the rest of the MCU movies, especially the Avengers flicks.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Cap Trilogy series edges out batman's trilogy for one simple reason...

Cap had better hand to hand, action and stuntwork setpieces compared to batmans.... :manny:

Dont get me wrong the Dark Knight trilogy is beautiful, symbolic, uplifting but it falls flat in the third one because nolan cant shoot a fight scene for his life....

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Civil war is going to age like tdkr where at first it was all hype but as time goes on its going to become more divided.

On a second watch I noticed a lot of flaws in that film same as tdkr.

Biggest Flaw to me in Civil War is the inclusion of Spider-Man. People give that shyt a pass because they love Spider-Man, but him being there made no fukking sense. If you cut him from the film nothing changes at all. It also undercuts Tony's initial motivation. Tony is supposed to be filled with guilt because inadvertently got a young man killed, so he goes right out and endangers and even younger kid? FOH

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Didn't TDK have that :trash: Two Face story shoehorned in?:hhh:

Winter Soldier >>>

The last Batman was a mess and Civil War was crack.

Nolan can't film a fight scene to save his life so Cap got this easy.

:gucci:
f6f8c7b298f0f052311e0577fd0a9c0d.gif
yea and i think the movie would've been more rewatchable for me without that. Its so fukking long and u really only wanna see joker throughout so when he's not on screen you're just waiting til he is