Not saying it’s the best but Meek Dreams and Nightmares night be the most iconic song out of Philly

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Objectively speaking this shyt is an example of a song deeply resonating in the culture. Philly has a lot of classic songs but has anything felt as Anthem-ish ? And it’s straight rap no hook. Gotta respek it

Am I trippin ? I’d like to hear a person from Phillys perspective of a song has felt as big in terms of in the city and worldwide plus the longevity.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Let's just act like The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff, Schoolly D, Steady B, Cool C, Bahamadia, Eve, or Black Thought don't come from Philly, brehs.

:martin:
we know it's legendary artists from Philly but in terms of impactful, wide spanning songs, Meek had one of the biggest. what Eve song you know that is so closely associated with Philly, that young and old alike know, that the Eagles would come out in the Superbowl to:mjlol:?

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yeah I'll let someone FROM Philly tell me what the quintessential Philadelphia song is, thanks.

I literally wrote in the OP I’d like to hear what someone from philly perspective would be... :mjlol: dumb ass

I’m speaking from seeing the worldwide impact, seeing numerous clips of people in philly wilding to it. Seeing arena full of people in philly singing it like their national anthem, the football team coming out to it...

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
dontreadthis said:
we know it's legendary artists from Philly but in terms of impactful, wide spanning songs, Meek had one of the biggest.

I've never heard a Meek Mill song in-full since he's boring, IMO.....but I (and everybody else) has heard Fresh Prince and Black Thought.

I threw Eve in there since she's from Philly and more people know who she is than Meek Mill.

Hell, the Eagles woulda been better-off with this......

:sas2:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
backbreaker65 said:
I think McFadden and Whitehead would like to talk to you.

Perhaps MFSB as well.......

I'm still trying to figure out what OP was talking about when he said something about 'longevity'.

That term and Meek Mill shouldn't even be in the same sentence, but OP ain't even from this country, so.............:yeshrug: