NY Brehs..y’all don’t have thermostats in y’all apartments?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Kyrie is happy about being able to control his own temperature in the house
Boston got the same shyt, heat don’t come on until it’s consistently under 55 degrees and don’t go off until they say so

Kyrie gotta go to the Knicks though, we need him lmao

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
NY nikkas bout to get sensitive as usual:mjlol:

Not really an NY specific thing though. And a lot of buildings you can control the heat/ac but it will only be either or and the building/landlord decides when they switch to the other. I’ve lived in buildings like this growing up in Chicago. The building I live in Atlanta only has heat or ac that the building decides when to switch over. They about to switch to AC in a few weeks so it’s about to be a short period where it may be a little cold and I don’t have heat, only AC. It’s just regular shyt if you used to living in buildings

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Thats what made me ask the question. It’s pretty obvious y’all take it personal.
what does it say about folks that keep making these threads

that's more of a flaw

it's expected you represent & stand up for where you were born & raised

this is supposedly a site populated by a majority of nyc posters but the small minority manage to be the ones constantly meat.eating on thee.city¿

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
1:40 breh was :whoo:

:skip:

Let another man control the temperature in your house brehs :dame:

I didnt know that apartments in NY. NY Being so cold i assumed you could control your on heat/AC

I dont agree with the 2:26 mark when he says he works at a factory and makes more than people who went to college. His situation may be it but he shouldnt make it seem like it's the norm.

Also 7:14 mark is why i often hate dealing with New Yorkers. Where he said you look at someone too long in NY it may be a fight or a shootout and New Yorkers aint used to people saying good morning. I bring that up because when i first moved here i me this cat from NY and both of us being transplants we used to talk sometimes. Homie once went on a rant about why people always gotta talk to him saying "good morning" and people saying "Yes maam" blah blah blah
Which is why i always joke that New Yorkers were raised by wolves :russ:
I'm cool with a lot of NYers and NY women always show me love but they need to understand that they are the ones that are different from the rest of the world

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Best $100 i spent last year. They normally cost $250 but they were on sale and there was an instant rebate from the power company bringing the price down to $104 + shipping and handling. Installed it myself after reading instructions and watching a couple of DYI vids. It really helped me reduce my gas and electric bill this winter. Not once did my gas bill or electrical go over $300 this winter and that's a a 1st for me in the last 14 years

nest-thermostat-redo-1.jpg

nest-thermostat-uk-2014-22.jpg

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
Projects got central heat and air? :wtf:

I got fam that live in Jackson houses in the BX and I don't believe they have air..they got window units..most them buildings was built before the 50s.
Right. Maybe more recent buildings. A lot of apaprtments and houses I know from even 2000s had window units and radiators. My old house needed a window unit and the radiator was controlled in the boiler room in our basement.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
what does it say about folks that keep making these threads

that's more of a flaw

it's expected you represent & stand up for where you were born & raised

this is supposedly a site populated by a majority of nyc posters but the small minority manage to be the ones constantly meat.eating on thee.city¿

It says that y’all lighthearted jokes too personal.