Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
NYC one-bedroom rents hit $2,980/month, an all-time high
And two-bedroom rents increased at an even higher rate

By Valeria Ricciulli Jun 3, 2019, 3:46pm EDTSHARE
shutterstock_1033775263.0.jpg
Shutterstock
We know that housing costs in New York City are astronomically expensive—but a newreport has confirmed how high they’ve gotten.

Real estate listing site Zumper released its June national rent report, which once again placed New York second place in a top 10 of the highest one-bedroom median rent prices in the country, after San Francisco.

Median rent for one-bedrooms in New York City, according to the report, grew 4.6 percent last month, reaching $2,980—the highest it has been in at least three years, the report says. In terms of two-bedroom apartments, they grew at an even higher rate of 5.1 percent, reaching $3,300.

The last time NYC reached a peak was last July, when one-bedroom median rent was $2,900.

Zumper looked at 100 cities in the country and used data from over one million listings. The report’s top five markets with the highest June one-bedroom rents includes San Francisco at $3,700, New York at $2,980, Boston at $2,500, San Jose at $2,430, and Los Angeles at $2,250.

zumper.jpg
Courtesy of Zumper

NYC one-bedroom rents hit $2,980/month, an all-time high

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't even understand who these apartments are for. Even cacs are moving in with like six other people. I can't wait for this shyt to crash again.
NYC needs to take some of the fukked up areas and make them low income for people who work/make their living in the city and rent control them. A 6-month lease on a one bedroom should not cost you a new car. shyt is ridiculous:francis:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even understand who these apartments are for. Even cacs are moving in with like six other people. I can't wait for this shyt to crash again.
3 thousand a month after taxes....just pissing it away on rent :mindblownj: thats an obscene way to live. 3 grand should be going toward a mortgage