NYC one-bedroom rents hit $2,980/month, an all-time high

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Oh so you're outside of city limits. I'm assuming your address doesnt say "Atlanta". ANyway Gwinnett is cool. Just a little far for me. I lived in a few places outside the perimeter and always seems like i was far from the city.
Now that im in the city, i like it but the traffic, tho :why:

From what I hear gays been running ManHattan since the 80s :usure:
Rent, period. Even worse when it's this high

That’s Like Saying Asians Run Manhattan Cause There’s A China Town

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
That’s Like Saying Asians Run Manhattan Cause There’s A China Town
But how is gays in atlanta that different, then? Gays are everywhere but the area in atlanta that's dominated by gays are the Piedmont park area. But we all like to say theres a lot of gays in Atlanta, period.
I am about 25 minutes away from downtown Atlanta, Gwinnett is cool it is not too crazy out here. Night lights is just a bunch of sport bars though and few lounges catered to older adults like mid 30's and up. Lucky for me my job is in Gwinnett so I do not have to travel the interstate.
Gotcha. I live bout 5 minutes from downtown. I dont know it you know the area called East Atlanta Village. I bought my house nearby just as the gentrification started. My mortgage is barely $1,000 for 4 bedrooms but 1 and 2 bdr apartments in the area are renting for $1,400+ now. :hamster:
My girl rents a 2 bdr apartment one exit up and she's paying $1,200+

Rent just got real crazy everywhere the past 6 years.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I'm headed ro Greenville right now lol but lets keep it 100. Ive lived in San Antonio, Atlanta, and Annapolis. My wife and i bring home 120 a year together i rather do it in the south than in NYC. But yea certain places are horrible but there's also places that's amazing and do inspire
I'm definitely not dissing the south. I love the South in certain areas. I was looking/scouting houses in the ATL three weeks ago. Even Chicago has some gutting out properties for $30-50K. I got a ton of family there too. Would have to vet the neighborhood thoroughly and put a $100k in a remodel but that's an option as well.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
The only amenity that is worth paying exorbitant rent for is proximity to work......and I am talking 15 mins tops.........by foot

The dream is highly paid telecommute work from a low COL location

Smartest post right here. I'm steadfast working on this. shyt I'm even lying on my resume saying one of my jobs was remote. :mjlol: Crazy part is you actually save up to 10k a year working at home on top of it. You can visit any of these expensive ass places and still don't have to take days off if you work at home.

Your first sentence. Man fukk that paying those obnoxious prices. IDGAF what the amenity is. If I walk to work it needs to be like around the corner. Can't see how people do public transportation in NY. All them funky ass people smushed like sardines. Depending where you are it could be like 100 stops before you get to your destination :hhh: This pizza is worth it though right. :mjlol:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
But bu bu its a magical city to live in
:camby:

:camby: at anyone thinking to move into this city for glamour
Glad i got family who been in the same apartments all their life and cant get buttfukked by the government like this

As much as i love it i will never move back to this city

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
I WONDER HOW THE WAGES COMPARE TO THE RENT PRICES IN NEW YORK CITY?
ALICIA KEYS, P. DIDDY.
SOHH PRETTY, GIGI HADID.
FREE PALESTINE EINSTEIN,
NEW YORK, NO PORK,
JEW YORK, SOHH ORK,
BEYONCE BEYONCE,
SLAY MY NAME SLAY MY NAME,
SLAIMON NAME SLAIMON NAME,
NOT NAMASTE NOT NAMASTE,
I AM GIGI HADID!
PLEASE WOMEN DO NOT RAPE ME!
GANGSTER GANGSTER HADID!
JEW YORK GETS DUCT TAPED AND BUTT RAPED!
I CAN RYHME... CAM'RON!!!
'ALEEM NA'SEEM... GANGSTER GANGSTER HADID LOOKIN' LIKE GIGI HADID!
I AM 69 INCHES TALL LIKE PAUL WALL!
HIGH RENT PRICES, MORTGAGES, MUHAMMAD, MATRIX, MINIMUM, MAXIMUM, MODERATE, MCDONALD'S, MCCAFFEREY, MATRICULATION, MARBURY, MADDEN, MCSPECIES, MARVELOUS, MUHAMMAD MUHAMMAD, MAHMOUD, MANY MEN, MANY MANY MANY MEN, MORTAL, MCLOVIN', MCDYESS, PETE MARAVICH... PROPHET MUHAMMAD.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
@keond my parents pay $1400 for a large 3 bedroom apartment.

NYC is filled with rent control and rent regulated apartments which some people blame as on one of the reasons why rent is expensive up here.

There’s nothing ducktales about someone paying that low rent here if they got lucky and snagged one from affordable housing or had an rent controlled apartment passed down to them from their parents or bought a brownstone in the good old days when they cost half the price.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Oh so you're outside of city limits. I'm assuming your address doesnt say "Atlanta". ANyway Gwinnett is cool. Just a little far for me. I lived in a few places outside the perimeter and always seems like i was far from the city.
Now that im in the city, i like it but the traffic, tho :why:

From what I hear gays been running ManHattan since the 80s :usure:
Rent, period. Even worse when it's this high
I'm from Miami not Manhattan. Every place in the US has a gay section. . But ATL is fakkit planet.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
And I thought I was getting robbed paying $2200 for a 2 BR with a washer and dryer in middle village Queens

Northern Queens has gotten expensive only because Manhattan people realized how affordable it is for a borough that is close to the city.

The N train from Astoria can get you into Midtown in 10-20 minutes.

But yea your deal is amazing compared to the average being reported here.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Ive learned every place is almost the same. You have to grind and hustle everywhere cause ive lived everywhere and every place has its pros amd cons. Would you rather make 100,000 and live in MS and travel places or 100,000 in NYC? :hula: i know people who are making 50k in NY and and struggling but here i know people who make 50k and live comfortable. shyt when i visit everyone whose older complain about the congestion and lack of space but it seems to be younger people who are in love with NY. shyt i love NY but only to visit

Right so if someone works in the Finance or the tech fields why would they risk their hustle to find work In Mississippi that’s not really available when companies in San Fran, LA, NY, Chicago and DC would hire these people easily with a high salary package.

It’s supply and demand. The only reason people pay these high rents in these cities is because of opportunities of available positions and growth.

If Mississippi builds a nice tech scene in Jackson you can bet people will flock there like crazy and rents will go up.

It’s that simple.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I WONDER HOW THE WAGES COMPARE TO THE RENT PRICES IN NEW YORK CITY?
ALICIA KEYS, P. DIDDY.
SOHH PRETTY, GIGI HADID.
FREE PALESTINE EINSTEIN,
NEW YORK, NO PORK,
JEW YORK, SOHH ORK,
BEYONCE BEYONCE,
SLAY MY NAME SLAY MY NAME,
SLAIMON NAME SLAIMON NAME,
NOT NAMASTE NOT NAMASTE,
I AM GIGI HADID!
PLEASE WOMEN DO NOT RAPE ME!
GANGSTER GANGSTER HADID!
JEW YORK GETS DUCT TAPED AND BUTT RAPED!
I CAN RYHME... CAM'RON!!!
'ALEEM NA'SEEM... GANGSTER GANGSTER HADID LOOKIN' LIKE GIGI HADID!
I AM 69 INCHES TALL LIKE PAUL WALL!
HIGH RENT PRICES, MORTGAGES, MUHAMMAD, MATRIX, MINIMUM, MAXIMUM, MODERATE, MCDONALD'S, MCCAFFEREY, MATRICULATION, MARBURY, MADDEN, MCSPECIES, MARVELOUS, MUHAMMAD MUHAMMAD, MAHMOUD, MANY MEN, MANY MANY MANY MEN, MORTAL, MCLOVIN', MCDYESS, PETE MARAVICH... PROPHET MUHAMMAD.

The wages are normally great if you have a white collar position.

For example if you walk around Long Island City where rents for a studio are 3K a month and talk to the residents they will tell you that their 3K a month is affordable.

Those expensive apartments have strict requirements. So 99.9% of the time the people paying those rents make a high salary where those rents are 30 to 35% of their monthly income.

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
The wages are normally great if you have a white collar position.

For example if you walk around Long Island City where rents for a studio are 3K a month and talk to the residents they will tell you that their 3K a month is affordable.

Those expensive apartments have strict requirements. So 99.9% of the time the people paying those rents make a high salary where those rents are 30 to 35% of their monthly income.
I APPRECIATE THE POST!
I HAVE A WHITE BOY POSITION!
I HAVE A BACHELOR'S DEGREE FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT DENVER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT. MAYBE I WILL MOVE TO NEW YORK CITY GOD WILLING!

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I APPRECIATE THE POST!
I HAVE A WHITE BOY POSITION!
I HAVE A BACHELOR'S DEGREE FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO AT DENVER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT. MAYBE I WILL MOVE TO NEW YORK CITY GOD WILLING!

The good thing about you is if you are a hard worker there is no limit to growth in NYC

For example this young lady is an undocumented immigrant who makes 340,000 dollars a year working for Goldman Sach at the age of 27

:skip:

This lady can easily afford an apartment for 5,000 a month if she wanted to with over 21K a month for other spending.

Julissa Arce: undocumented at Goldman Sachs and breaking a stereotype