NYC one-bedroom rents hit $2,980/month, an all-time high

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
:russ:

you Calling people broke even though the average American is broke even in lame Arizona and Palm Beach where there are absolutely no opportunity for anyone

I have plenty of money in my savings accounts. I plan to buy a home in NYC in 5 years. My house in NYC will be more valuable in investments than any lame property you have in Palm Beach and Arizona

:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I wouldn’t call them dumb because that white couple from Iowa can afford those rents which means they probably save a lot of money which also means they are the main ones buying up those 1 million dollar brownstones in Harlem.

It's dumb because they're just moving here for clout...:mjlol:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Things is that is crazy, these are some broke ass nikkas who don't own shyt defending that shyt hole tooth and nail. :gucci:

According to this smart dumb fukk, no other state pays well with way better COL. shyt is just :dwillhuh:
He has a shyt argument, but people ego will make them ignore facts.

Average Software Engineer Salary in Phoenix Az 67k
Average Rent $1,100

Average Software Engineer Salary in NYC $117k
Average Rent $2,900

More than double the rent payment, pay more in taxes, have less room, worse weather.

Intel, Honeywell, American Express, all have offices there in Az. Even Facebook and Google have offices in various lower COL states, so him using those companies as an example shows he cannot even look at the argument objectively. :francis:

Most major companies and firms have offices spread out across the country. He's close-minded and probably still in his early 20's. :francis:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Average Rent $1,100

Average Rent $2,900

Double your rent payment, pay more in taxes, have less room, worse weather

Intel, Honeywell, American Express, all have offices there. Even Facebook and Google have offices in various lower COL states, so him using that as an example shows he cannot look at the argument objectively. :francis:

Most major companies and IB firms have offices spread out across the country. He's close-minded and probably still in his early 20's. :francis:

How many software engineering positions are there in Arizona compared to Cali and NYC?

Retard.

If there were so many of these companies spread out many young people would have already been moving there in fast pace.

:camby:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Intel, Honeywell, American Express, all have offices there in Az. Even Facebook and Google have offices in various lower COL states, so him using those companies as an example shows he cannot even look at the argument objectively. :francis:

Most major companies and firms have offices spread out across the country. He's close-minded and probably still in his early 20's. :francis:

One thing you also got to keep in mind is that the offices in other states may not be the HQ, so opportunity for lateral moves may not be as prevalent. Also, network effects are greater in cities like NYC, SF, DC etc.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
One thing you also got to keep in mind is that the offices in other states may not be the HQ, so opportunity for lateral moves may not be as prevalent. Also network effects are greater in cities like NYC, SF, DC etc.

He’s throwing out numbers without analyzing them.

He sounds like one of those idiots that move to places like Phoenix only to move back to cities like DC when he realizes it’s harder to get a job in the same field compared to the large cities.

Also Phoenix Arizona has fast climbing rents. It only proves my theory correct that whenever a corporation moves into a city housing cost naturally rise.

It’s amazing how some black people choose to act obtuse when it comes to economics.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
He’s throwing out numbers without analyzing them.

He sounds like one of those idiots that move to places like Phoenix only to move back to cities like DC when he realizes it’s harder to get a job in the same field compared to the large cities.

Also Phoenix Arizona has fast climbing rents. It only proves my theory correct that whenever a corporation moves into a city housing cost naturally rise.

It’s amazing how some black people choose to act obtuse when it comes to economics.

There's a reason people flock to the NYCs, DCs and SFs of the world; opportunity. Sure, there's opportunity in other cities as well, but usually big cities tend to be a concentration of opportunities.

It's like saying you want to work in Finance and decide to move to Philly. Are the finance options in Philly? Of course, but unless you're in a very niche field, you'd be better off in NYC or Chicago.

Same thing with PHX, yes, there are a lot of software engineering positions out there but most people will tell you the REAL software engineering is in SF. My former roommate got a Software Engineering position with Capital One in the DC area for about 90k a year plus bonus fresh out of undergrad (with no loans). Even with that offer he said he was trying to move out to SF because even just 2-3 years there would boost his profile and future career opportunities 10 fold.

NYC just so happens to be the center/leader for many industries

Finance, Fashion, Retail, International Affairs (in truth it's DC, but the UN is HQd here), TV and Media, Journalism, Music, Tech, Entertainment, Theater, Fine Arts, Real Estate and General Hustles etc

It is what it is

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
There's a reason people flock to the NYCs, DCs and SFs of the world; opportunity. Sure, there's opportunity in other cities as well, but usually big cities tend to be a concentration of opportunities.

It's like saying you want to work in Finance and decide to move to Philly. Are the finance options in Philly? Of course, but unless you're in a very niche field, you'd be better off in NYC or Chicago.

Same thing with PHX, yes, there are a lot of software engineering positions out there but most people will tell you the REAL software engineering is in SF. My former roommate got a Software Engineering position with Capital One in the DC area for about 90k a year plus bonus fresh out of undergrad (with no loans). Even with that offer he said he was trying to move out to SF because even just 2-3 years there would boost his profile and future career opportunities 10 fold.

NYC just so happens to be the center/leader for many industries

Finance, Fashion, Retail, International Affairs (in truth it's DC, but the UN is HQd here), TV and Media, Journalism, Music, Tech, Entertainment, Theater, Fine Arts, Real Estate and General Hustles etc

It is what it is

Breh never in my entire life did I ever hear of a tech guy claiming he wants to find opportunity in Phoenix Arizona

:mjlol:

If that’s the case I might as well post software development jobs located in Detroit

If I go to Silicon Valley right now I bet I’ll find many people from Pheonix working there

:sas2:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
There's a lot of reasons for why rent is so high in NYC, but what rarely gets mentioned is the fact that many of the properties in Manhattan are used by the wealthy simply as investment properties, and alot of those investors and investment groups are in other countries. You have wealthy people all over the world who buy property there and just sit on it because they know the ROI is so high. It drives up the cost and the demand.You have tons of condos in the city that either sit empty, or the owners sublet it. The property is nothing more than something to diversity their porftolios with.

Now in other boroughs, you also have people in Long Island and Westchester who own homes and buildings who just sit on them or become slum lords until its the right time to sell. I can't tell you how many times I seen abandoned places in Brooklyn, and when I looked up the owners and the sale price--they were normally some LLC in the suburbs.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
There's a lot of reasons for why rent is so high in NYC, but what rarely gets mentioned is the fact that many of the properties in Manhattan are used by the wealthy simply as investment properties, and alot of those investors and investment groups are in other countries. You have wealthy people all over the world who buy property there and just sit on it because they know the ROI is so high. It drives up the cost and the demand.You have tons of condos in the city that either sit empty, or the owners sublet it. The property is nothing more than something to diversity their porftolios with.

Now in other boroughs, you also have people in Long Island and Westchester who own homes and buildings who just sit on them or become slum lords until its the right time to sell. I can't tell you how many times I seen abandoned places in Brooklyn, and when I looked up the owners and the sale price--they were normally some LLC in the suburbs.

Thank You but “SMART” investors like @jwonder claims NYC is played out

:deadmanny:

What type of “smart” investor doesn’t understand the economic term called “Supply and Demand”?

:dahell:

When demand outpaces supply then rents go up.

:snoop:

Also add in the fact that NYC, DC, LA and SF have ridiculous zoning laws that are not updated.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

Average Rent $1,100

Average Rent $2,900

More than double the rent payment, pay more in taxes, have less room, worse weather.

He's an idiot. I hurt his feelings about NYC. They are very passionate about a place where they came even own anything. Why rent your whole life:gucci:Not saying that you can't buy anything. But the ones arguing don't.

If you're at a place for awhile it's best to buy to make a nice profit. The what I did in AZ and in Miami. I'm way more financially sound than these people living with roommates or parents just to have NY pizza:mjlol:

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

Average Rent $1,100

Average Rent $2,900

Oh and Tonapah an hour outside Phx is where Smart City is being built. So that right there is going be crazy with jobs. So many corps are coming out to Phoenix.

It will get more expensive to live but never on a NY or Cali level