NYC one-bedroom rents hit $2,980/month, an all-time high

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Folks on this saying FL and AZ,:russ:, if I get one job in the DC or NYC even at the bank, I'd earn more than both of those places. Who cares about an Satilliete office, in middle of nowhere. Folks move to big areas for opportunities and check. Folks do low qual areas, when they retiring.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
NYC needs to take some of the fukked up areas and make them low income for people who work/make their living in the city and rent control them. A 6-month lease on a one bedroom should not cost you a new car. shyt is ridiculous:francis:

NYC Is Required To Set Aside Apts That Take Low Income Family’s That Middle Class Family’s Will NEVER Get Into

Imagine Living In Midtown Manhattan In A Fancy Building With A Door Man And Getting Food Stamps So You Have Free Food Every Month

Low Income People Ain’t Going No Where As Long As They Stay Broke

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
He's an idiot. I hurt his feelings about NYC. They are very passionate about a place where they came even own anything. Why rent your whole life:gucci:Not saying that you can't buy anything. But the ones arguing don't.

If you're at a place for awhile it's best to buy to make a nice profit. The what I did in AZ and in Miami. I'm way more financially sound than these people living with roommates or parents just to have NY pizza:mjlol:

I just checked open positions for software developers/engineers on indeed.com and here are the results.

New York City - 4,715 open positions
California 17,378 open positions.

The whole state of ARIZONA - 1,237 open positions

:russ::russ:

You’re an idiot who fails to understand people go to where the jobs are.

Arizona has a better quality and cost of living for your money but it is 2-3 times as hard to find a job there than you will in NYC or Cali

:stopitslime:

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I just checked open positions for software developers/engineers on indeed.com and here are the results.

New York City - 4,715 open positions
California 17,378 open positions.

The whole state of ARIZONA - 1,237 open positions

:russ::russ:

You’re an idiot who fails to understand people go to where the jobs are.

Arizona has a better quality and cost of living for your money but it is 2-3 times as hard to find a job there than you will in NYC or Cali

:stopitslime:

So a software engineer is the only job you have to have? You're such a fukkin idiot. I can't go back and forth with someone living with parents. Who has no idea what it's like to pay bills own their own.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
Another way you can hustle the game is to get one of these positions that are headquartered in the major cities and negotiate a full time work from home option.

A lot of folks in my agency do this by keeping the DC pay while working in that low cost area.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Here are some more fun facts that @jwonder isnt telling you about Arizona

Here are the current unemployment rates for NYC, LA, SF, Pheonix and Arizona in general

Numbers below -

NYC - 4.3%
LA - 4.1%
SF - 3.9%
Phoenix - 4.4%
Arizona - 5.1% - above the national average of 3.0%

According to the bureau of labor statistics
Arizona is the 46th state in unemployment rates

New York is number 30 and be California is 40

Unemployment Rates for States

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
So a software engineer is the only job you have to have? You're such a fukkin idiot. I can't go back and forth with someone living with parents. Who has no idea what it's like to pay bills own their own.

That’s not what I said. The person you were responding to specifically picked software development jobs and threw out a misleading cost of living stat.

How many people in tech, finance, law, fashion etc do you personally know who told you they are going to Arizona to kick off their career?

Arizona is a retiree state nothing more and nothing less. NYC, LA, SF, Miami, DC are super expensive because these are where the jobs, headquarters of companies and networking opportunities are.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Another way you can hustle the game is to get one of these positions that are headquartered in the major cities and negotiate a full time work from home option.

A lot of folks in my agency do this by keeping the DC pay while working in that low cost area.

This is actually a brilliant idea and I know a girl from NYC who does this in North Carolina and just like you said she negotiated with her job to do so.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
That’s not what I said. The person you were responding to specifically picked software development jobs and threw out a misleading cost of living stat.

How many people in tech, finance, law, fashion etc do you personally know who told you they are going to Arizona to kick off their career?

Arizona is a retiree state nothing more and nothing less. NYC, LA, SF, Miami, DC are super expensive because these are where the jobs, headquarters of companies and networking opportunities are.

Myself and SLEW of other people. You are very misinformed about Phoenix. It's an up and coming city with tons of people flocking there from Chicago and Cali daily. They don't want the high COL. It's just plain dumb to do it if you don't own anything.

The way you are are projecting things that NY is the only place to work which is mind numbing. Another reason why these places are so expensive because there is more to do vs everywhere else. It's what the person wants. Do you want to live in a place that has all the attractions or could you deal with less attractions and have more money in your pocket, able to buy property and land? Or live in a small ass apartment because the Pizza and the spoken word is so great at 3 am. With the first scenario can always visit and spend long amounts of time periodically if you are so into said cities. People from Cali and Chicago do that all the time. They also move back, but are in a better financial position. I did that with moving back to South, FL.

Another thing is you acting like the majority of people in NY are making over 100k. That's definitely not the case, so many people be struggling there. I'm not talking about just fast food workers, but people with said professions you listed. They got college loans out the ass on top of the high ass COL. I made 80k in Phoenix and my mortgage was only $1,100. This is a brand new house btw. A lot of people doing that out there. I lived like I was making 50k, still was not struggling and able to save the rest of my salary. No way you can do that in NY.

You're living with your parents. But when you finally get out on your own you'll see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Myself and SLEW of other people. You are very misinformed about Phoenix. It's an up and coming city with tons of people flocking there from Chicago and Cali daily. They don't want the high COL. It's just plain dumb to do it if you don't own anything.

The way you are are projecting things that NY is the only place to work which is mind numbing. Another reason why these places are so expensive because there is more to do vs everywhere else. It's what the person wants. Do you want to live in a place that has all the attractions or could you deal with less attractions and have more money in your pocket, able to buy property and land? Or live in a small ass apartment because the Pizza and the spoken word is so great at 3 am. With the first scenario can always visit and spend long amounts of time periodically if you are so into said cities. People from Cali and Chicago do that all the time. They also move back, but are in a better financial position. I did that with moving back to South, FL.

Another thing is you acting like the majority of people in NY are making over 100k. That's definitely not the case, so many people be struggling there. I'm not talking about just fast food workers, but people with said professions you listed. They got college loans out the ass on top of the high ass COL. I made 80k in Phoenix and my mortgage was only $1,100. A lot of people doing that out there. I lived like I was making 50k, still was not struggling and able to save the rest of my salary. No way you can do that in NY.

You're living with your parents. But when you finally get out on your own you'll see what I'm talking about.

I’m not misinformed at all. Phoenix is actually good for an investment property since rents are rising in the city.

As far as opportunities go, I can almost guarantee you there are probably more young professionals from Pheonix living in Cali than the other way around.

The amount of jobs and the unemployment rate says it all and I posted all of that information here.

Another thing you do not know about NYC is that a lot of people live in rent regulated apartments. My parents make a combined six figure salary and pay $1400 for a large three bedroom apartment.

Another thing you fail to understand is that NYC’s rent average is skewed by Manhattans insane rent prices. There is no black neighborhood in NYC where the average rent for 1 bedroom is $2,980.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Folks on this saying FL and AZ,:russ:, if I get one job in the DC or NYC even at the bank, I'd earn more than both of those places. Who cares about an Satilliete office, in middle of nowhere. Folks move to big areas for opportunities and check. Folks do low qual areas, when they retiring.

Thank You.

And what kills me the most is that according to stats the average American is broke and more African Americans rent than own.

So what exactly has moving to Fl and AZ done for our race?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I’m not misinformed at all. Phoenix is actually good for an investment property since rents are rising in the city.

As far as opportunities go, I can almost guarantee you there are probably more young professionals from Pheonix living in Cali than the other way around.

The amount of jobs and the unemployment rate says it all and I posted all of that information here.

Another thing you do not know about NYC is that a lot of people live in rent regulated apartments. My parents make a combined six figure salary and pay $1400 for a large three bedroom apartment.

Another thing you fail to understand is that NYC’s rent average is skewed by Manhattans insane rent prices. There is no black neighborhood in NYC where the average rent for 1 bedroom is $2,980.

I think you are missing the fact, that these young professionals want to go to these places for the name and they want to live where everybody is talking about. I just so happened to be from Miami, so I got that out of my system. Some people don't. But I can tell you many end up moving back home or to another place after awhile because they are tired of struggling. Or some do stay and struggle. :yeshrug: It all depends on what you are looking for. NY doesn't hold all the jobs in the US like you are projecting. As long as you are not living in a podunk town you are good. shyt even thats not case some times, because there is no talent so they pay well. I was offered a job in Arkansas that paid over six figures. I said fukk no.

But once again you live with parents. So your thoughts are kinda skewed.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think you are missing the fact, that these young professionals want to go to these places for the name and they want to live where everybody is talking about. I just so happened to be from Miami, so I got that out of my system. Some people don't. But I can tell you many end up moving back home or to another place after awhile because they are tired of struggling. Or some do stay and struggle. :yeshrug: It all depends on what you are looking for. NY doesn't hold all the jobs in the US like you are projecting. As long as you are not living in a podunk town you are good. shyt even thats not case some times, because there is no talent so they pay well. I was offered a job in Arkansas that paid over six figures. I said fukk no.

But once again you live with parents. So your thoughts are kinda skewed.

I live in South Brooklyn. You do realize with a good salary I can get an apartment in my area and still save alot of money and make the exact same moves that you’re making right?

It’s not a law to pay high ass rent in NYC. My best friend just got a new large 2 bedroom apartment for $1700 in a middle class safe black neighborhood.

Example

In Canarsie I can rent a one bedroom for $1600 dollars if I bring home a $79,000 income dollar after taxes.

That $1600 is 25% of my monthly income. Which means I’ll have $4800 left to play with before paying bills.

I can literally save 2K a month and save 24K in a year and stack up for 5 years and have 120K in the bank.

I can then take that money and instead of moving to Pheonix I can go down there and drop a large downpayment on a condo and keep it as investment property and rent it out while I continue to work and live in NY.

Many NY and CA residents do this.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I live in South Brooklyn. You do realize with a good salary I can get an apartment in my area and still save alot of money and make the exact same moves that you’re making right?

It’s not a law to pay high ass rent in NYC. My best friend just got a new large 2 bedroom apartment for $1700 in a middle class safe black neighborhood.

Example

In Canarsie I can rent a one bedroom for $1600 dollars if I bring home a $79,000 income dollar after taxes.

That $1600 is 25% of my monthly income. Which means I’ll have $4800 left to play with before paying bills.

I can literally save 2K a month and save 24K in a year and stack up for 5 years and have 120K in the bank.

I can then take that money and instead of moving to Pheonix I can go down there and drop a large downpayment on a condo and keep it as investment property and rent it out while I continue to work and live in NY.

Many NY and CA residents do this.

People on average aren't doing this. Everybody positions are different. You saying what you could do, but you're not actually doing it. You'd be more credible if you were living in your own apartment and doing. it.

We'll just agree to disagree. I know I fared very well without having to be living in New Yawk and millions of other people have also. This aint the 1950's where you have to live in a city like that to get ahead in life over the average American. You have a delusional idea that you can do everything you stated like it's the norm there vs anyplace else.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
People on average aren't doing this. Everybody positions are different. You saying what you could do, but you're not actually doing it. You'd be more credible if you were living in your own apartment and doing. it.

We'll just agree to disagree. I know I fared very well without having to be living in New Yawk and millions of other people have also. This aint the 1950's where you have to live in a city like that to get ahead in life over the average American. You have a delusional idea that you can do everything you stated like it's the norm there vs anyplace else.

It’s a plan and most of the jobs I apply to have the salary growth to provide me this path. Also I have no ceiling in my growth. Whose to say I won’t make 200K in a few years?

I’m not focused on what others are doing. I love NYC and have created a plan to hustle this city.

Most Americans are broke. Lots of up north people who go to FL and AZ end up still being broke.

Almost all of my family lives in Palm Beach and I have people in Nevada and GA.

Most of these people are still living check to check and broke.

This path down south that many black people have been preaching to our people has not done nothing for us.

Blacks are still losing wealth each day. Blacks are still mostly renters in America and blacks for the most part are broke.

If imma be broke I rather be broke in an exciting City. I would not for the life of me want to broke in Pheonix Arizona.

:yeshrug: